This is the best we have looked in 5 years.

hoody06

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Watched the levels podcast with big willie and scope and when they were talking about the dogs they mentioned how we have our swag back. We are defending well and scoring tries that look cool and flashy again. You can see in how the boys are carrying themselves on the field, all smiles and full of confidence. Critta has given us a healthy dose of arrogance that has done wonders for our squad hope the boys keep ripping in and put on a few more drubbings as the year goes on. Go Bulldogs!!
I also see this in Ciraldo's interviews. I watched the pre-game one against Newcastle. He was so confident, very assured, we are in a great spot at the moment. The dogs are back!

Sent from my SM-S921B using Tapatalk

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope you stay utterly, utterly bored for at least the next ten years...
I was the opposite. I got frustrated we let in two tries and missed out on at least another 30pts. 66-0 was my minimum expectation :tonguewink:
I will very happily take the complete domination of our next decade (believe it) over the total annihilation and capitulation of the last.
Bring back the brilliant 80's. Dogs of War - MkII (MkIII ?).
Oh i still wanted atleast 40 but considering out attack is still a work in progress i'lI take scoreline.

80's? I actually see the 90's in this team... the no frills forward pack and team that plays for each other. We are just missing our T.Lamb...

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Comparing the first 7 games of 2023 and 2024 there's an obvious improvement in attack and defence:
  • 2023: scored 107 pts, let in 175
  • 2024: scored 142 pts, let in 125
  • Increased points scored by 33%
  • Decreased points let in by 29%
90 point turn around against Newcastle goes alright to

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the bye, having beaten the tigers. Imagine the statement we’d make, if we manage to upset the panthers.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After the bye, having beaten the tigers. Imagine the statement we’d make, if we manage to upset the panthers.
The winning a comp every 20 years coincidence I’ll start believing if we pull that of. I’d be stunned especially on there turf, the only other team I’ve seen with the defensive persona we have is Penrith will be a close one.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oh i still wanted atleast 40 but considering out attack is still a work in progress i'lI take scoreline.

80's? I actually see the 90's in this team... the no frills forward pack and team that plays for each other. We are just missing our T.Lamb...
I agree, except we made 5 GF's in the 80's and won 4 of them. 90's good too, but only made 3 for a single trophy.

T Lamb played in both decades; and I'd take either version ;).

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
With the bye we got 2 points 4 out of the last 6 rounds. Been a while since we did that

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I say we will either win or lose by 1-6 points, either way puts the whole league on notice.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With a relatively small pack of forwards the hunger shows we are back. Basically Cameron is coaching a defence style that is attacking at the same time for the full 80 min. Allowing opposition teams minimum yardage per sets. When we are stuck in the trenches with only a 25 meter gain, along comes the boot in Burton. Capable of punting the leather 70 meters down town and capturing the opposition fullback or winger between the ten and thirty meter line. Our defence goes to work once more frustrating our opponents. We do not solely rely on our attack to win the game.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was watching one of the Panther docco's I often heard "dog fight" referred too.. That's pretty fitting for us for obvious reasons, but it seems evident that's Ciraldo's style of defence.. I really like seeing so many Dogs jerseys in the frame because it's something we haven't been used to for a long time.. and when you see guys come up from NSW Cup and they get it, that's a good sign.. like I've noticed with Hayward he's got the awareness to put himself in the frame just in case... wrapping the ball up is another thing we had sucked at over the last few years. One of the things that I also really like, and I know he's not the most appreciated player on here, but Salmon is really good at it, is guys just putting themselves in the way of potential offloads, or bat backs, whatever.. that's an area we have been carved up in over recent seasons.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We are still in 2nd gear, thats the scary thing..

Bring back Mann and Preston. Taffe at half and we have a top 8 team.

Also once hughes gets more mins up his sleeve as well as Kitouga and others... the possibilities are endless..

Its finally nice to dream...
Injuries are the only thing stopping this team making the 8. Let’s pray for good health this season.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The attitude CC has instilled into the 17, let's it be know to the reserves and juniors, that if you want to break into the starting 17 you need a to bust a gut and play for your mates that whole 80.

Don't think we'll have a single player who steps into 1st grade from now on who won't show commitment
I‘m loving it. This is the dogs attitude I grew up supporting. Always having a crack no matter the odds.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bring on The Kennel podcast for another week! The in depth analysis is actually something to look forward to now finally!!!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree, except we made 5 GF's in the 80's and won 4 of them. 90's good too, but only made 3 for a single trophy.

T Lamb played in both decades; and I'd take either version ;).

What I mean is I see the Hetho's, Relf's, Britt's, Ward's, Newton's and Readon's in this team.

In saying that, With the kids coming through we might end up looking like the 80', 90's and 00's.

And Lamb owned the early 90's but i also agree ILL TAKE ANYTHING other than the 2010's!

Big_Kahunas

Waterboy
Reaction score
Maybe more. I can’t remember the last time we actually looked like a unit.

Even some of our losses we looked good and just lost it in the end or got fucked by refs.

Our attack is dependant on our left edge however our defense is also stoic.

I would love for sexton to get a run as I think Hutchinson doesn’t offer much.

We have all been through some shit these last few years but finally we are seeing some light at the end of the tunnel.
Totally agree. The icing on top is that our lower grades are kicking ass as well. That means culture is becoming strong in the club. Grass roots development is the key for our future.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Comparing the first 7 games of 2023 and 2024 there's an obvious improvement in attack and defence:
  • 2023: scored 107 pts, let in 175
  • 2024: scored 142 pts, let in 125
  • Increased points scored by 33%
  • Decreased points let in by 29%
Great post.