Things your parents told you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
When you were a kid what things/lies did your parents tell you to stop you from doing bad things?

For me they were;

If you smoke a cigarette or take drugs you will die... I still have never smoked or taken drugs in my life.

If you skip a class you be expelled... I have never skipped class

If you pull a mean face and the wind changes it will stay that way.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Only things I remember is my dad telling me:

Ladies before gentlemen

Dont sit too close to the TV or you'll get square eyes

stiffystephy

Not Guilty, Not Innocent!
Reaction score
*Wear your seat belt otherwise you will fall out of the car

*Don't let your great grandma blow up a balloon for you or her false teeth will fly out and land on the floor and you will be scared of her for months after...lol...i wasnt actually told this but wish i was :p

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
stiffystephy said:
*Don't let your great grandma blow up a balloon for you or her false teeth will fly out and land on the floor and you will be scared of her for months after...lol...i wasnt actually told this but wish i was :p
Hahahaha hilarious! My great uncle had false teeth and he took them out in front of my cousin when he was two years old, and now he doesn't eat sweets as he says "my teeth will fall out like Uncle Bob's". So cuesh.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont stick knives in the toaster....as usual i didnt listen and learnt the hard way..

now i even make my mum coffees cause she says if i dont i will turn into a coffee bean...LMAO jks

nikki_luvs_yaz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That if i wasnt a sleep by midnight on christmas eve that santa WOODNT CUM! this scared me every year into getting to sleep...until i found the reciepts one year for the presents 'santa' gave me...

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
my parents didnt tell me anything

they would just wait for me to step out of line and then discipline me with their weapon of choice

dad would use the famous belt and my mum would use the wooden spoon

Reaction score
dont stick your tongue out or a bird will poop on it tbh

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quaid said:
my parents didnt tell me anything

they would just wait for me to step out of line and then discipline me with their weapon of choice

dad would use the famous belt and my mum would use the wooden spoon
lol...

my mum quickly learnt that tongs were a better choice......wooden spoons started to become more expensive.

another thing my mum told me was that if i walked barefoot my feet would fall off, so i must keep my shoes on at all times when in public.

Bellz

Bellz
Reaction score
MaterialGirl said:
If you pull a mean face and the wind changes it will stay that way.
haha I got told that too!!!

If a stranger approaches you and asks you to go somewhere with them, don't go. (I'm pretty sure everyone got told that) lol

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
eat your crusts your hair will go curly. id always replay my hairs already curly and i hate it.

eat carrots they help you see

if you cross your eyes and the wind changes they will stay like that forever

if you bring home a boy brfore your 30 i will shoot him, lol needless to say i think the only guy friends my dad has met have been ones on the same sports teams as me!

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
don't bite your nails or they'll grow out of your tongue.. (i bite them sometimes :o)
don't put your finger in your nose because if the wind changes it'll get stuck (from that day on i never put my finger in my nose).

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
My dad told me a hell of a lot of things, but most of it corresponded to religion so I doubt it'd be well suited here.

And umm, I stuck my finger in my nose once, and it got really windy and started raining. I was able to easily pull my finger out...

:confused:

blue&gold

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
my mum would say to me when i was younger dont point to the moon or you'll get warts on your hands. gotta love the mothers, such sweethearts.

TBT

The Bitter Truth
Reaction score
If you pick your nose your head will cave in....

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Brent said:
LMFAO!

"You need more mongrel."
ROFL...

I could'nt beleive it when your old man told you that!!! I nearly choked on my Tooheys...

Another Vic classic "I'm the father".... :grinning:

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
If someone hits you then you hit them back

Leesee

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm with quaid here...no advice really. just if you play up, expect a flogging. the only thing that my mum could use on me that would have any effect was a fibreglass stick. then i told her i'd go to family services lol

Status
Not open for further replies.