News They are so weak’: Bulldogs’ ‘big deficiency’ laid bare as key selection battle slammed

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How many years do we have to hear rebuilding, so sick of hearing that term and yes I understand it takes time but it's also time for certain players who I won't name to show why their on big $$$ to actually earn what their on, ok we probably won't make the 8 but we still have a decent side to be competitive, bring on saturday!!
That’s the whole point though the rebuild only started at the end of last season. I share your frustration around certain players on big money but while I am sure we will be more competitive this year it’s still going to be another rebuild season.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't understand we are only in our second year of a genuine rebuild and that we'll be lucky to finish anywhere under 12th should invest in some anti depressants.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
it's not the media writing us off...it's about understanding why ciraldo makes strange team selections. please justify the selection of Hutch over Sexton?
May I?

Probably because Hutcho won the battle during the pres season whilst also being much more experienced in attack and defense.

The only thing Sexy has going for him atm is the fact he may be a good option in the future so best to give him game time now.

Logical answer would be CC is paying it safe for some wins on the board before gambling the season away.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not convinced Sexton is better than Hutch.
I think both are pretty ordinary halfbacks if I'm being honest.
I think they both bring somthing different to the team, but neither will bring us wins, especially behind our very rubbish pack.

Our losses this year won't be a direct result of our halves. It will be a direct result of our forwards.
I keep saying it,
Until we develop or assemble a decent pack then we will climb the ladder.
And then we can talk about our spine and bitch about the coach.
the point is Sexton brings more to the team than Hutch…much more spark and plays more directly and will free up Burton and his outside men more effectively

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do agree that Hutchinson isn’t the most creative half but if steers the team around well im happy to give it a go. I think the inclusion of Salmon and Curren will take pressure off the halves so hopefully it works
So sexton doesn’t steer the team around as well as Hutch?

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
exactly.. its ridiculous, Hutcho is too predictable and has zero pace, as Braith said he is no threat to run at all.. I would have gone with SexBomb and seen how he went.. when the Eels flog us by 60+ hopefully then Ciro rings the changes at 7 for round 2.. also not sure about Kiraz at centre either.. and don't get me started on Taffe.. he is average and too small..
He won’t ring in the changes even if we lose…he will keep hutch in the halves for at least 10 rounds…blind Freddy can see that sexton is a traditional half back…seems like he has picked hutch for his defence…very negative

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does he though?.
Does he really bring more?
so you don’t think he brings more spark, plays more direct, has a better running game, better kicking game…please…there is a big contrast between the 2 players

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
so you don’t think he brings more spark, plays more direct, has a better running game, better kicking game…please…there is a big contrast between the 2 players
I do agree that there is definitely a huge contrast between the 2 players.
I won't argue that with you.
I just don't believe one offers more than the other.
They are both huge liabilities in their respective negatives

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many years do we have to hear rebuilding, so sick of hearing that term and yes I understand it takes time but it's also time for certain players who I won't name to show why their on big $$$ to actually earn what their on, ok we probably won't make the 8 but we still have a decent side to be competitive, bring on saturday!!
You are 200% correct, I find it hard to believe that Gus has still not managed to sign at least 1 good middle forward.
Untill we have at least 2 good middle forwards and a top HB we will still be rebuilding, we just have to accept that.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bit over all the talk about our weak middles. It is what it is. So long as the middles hold up defensively we can be competitive. A lot of teams rely on their wingers and centres for yardage (Cronulla, St George) and we should do the same. Forwards can conserve their energy for defence.
Thats where good coaching makes the difference.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hutch is a utility. A fucking utility. Like Ciro grow some eyes mate

he’s out by rd 8 if we’re bottom feeding. 100%. No doubt in my mind

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hutch is a utility. A fucking utility. Like Ciro grow some eyes mate

he’s out by rd 8 if we’re bottom feeding. 100%. No doubt in my mind
Mate, it wouldn't matter if Bellamy was coaching our team
We would still be bottom 4 this year.
Just accept it and take it that we are on the up.
Don't worry about this year

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't understand we are only in our second year of a genuine rebuild and that we'll be lucky to finish anywhere under 12th should invest in some anti depressants.

Shush

I've already bought my grand final tickets for another doggies win