These days do you care about Origin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Used to go to the games every time they were at Suncorp. Stopped that as I got bored. Went to the Melbourne one last year just because I was in town at the time.

Haven't given a shit about the outcome of an Origin game in over 10 years though. I don't find the quality to be that high these days. Would rather watch 2 top 6 teams play each other.
I'll watch most of them on TV still. Sometimes I'll just check injury reports after out of concern for Dogs players.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
YEs. I so badly want to beat those banana benders. I thought Laurie was the one to restore the glory of the BLUE, especially since we won that series, but the teams performance last year and some of last years selection and especially some of this years freaky selections I fear we don't have a hope in hell.

I am starting to believe this is a conspiracy that will culminate in QLD stealing our GF.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely still love it... Can't help it every year I say I am done after NSW lose and every year as soon as I start seeing the ads my passion quickly returns and I am right back into it. It kills me every time QLD wins especially since I have so many friends who are those idiots who go for QLD despite being born in NSW!! It is state of ORIGIN for crying out loud. Even bought tickets for myself my dad and my bro for the first time so looking forward to it

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I have very little interest in it, all it does is stuff the regular comp, its just an over hyped heap of shit really that the NRL uses as a cash cow.....when I lived in QLD I was surprised at the lack of interest and realised just how much bullshit us NSW people are fed on how fanatical QLD people are over it.....to be truthful they get more hyped over broncos or cowboys games

Origin needs to be a stand alone weekend so that the comp is less affected, teams already have 2 byes per year why not have them all on the same weekends as rest weeks, they could hype the shit out of origin that week and all the other NRL players can all rest at the same time and refresh a little then kick back off

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nah. It was a genuine rivalry 20 years ago, it's just manufactured now. NSW just treat it as 3 or 4 holidays and $150k.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have very little interest in it, all it does is stuff the regular comp, its just an over hyped heap of shit really that the NRL uses as a cash cow.....when I lived in QLD I was surprised at the lack of interest and realised just how much bullshit us NSW people are fed on how fanatical QLD people are over it.....to be truthful they get more hyped over broncos or cowboys games

Origin needs to be a stand alone weekend so that the comp is less affected, teams already have 2 byes per year why not have them all on the same weekends as rest weeks, they could hype the shit out of origin that week and all the other NRL players can all rest at the same time and refresh a little then kick back off
Because Foxtel has the NRL by the short and curlies, there's no way they'll let the NRL have a complete break.

Personally I think the best way of handling it is to do it end of season on 3 consecutive weekends or mid season for 3 consecutive weeks and have teams play a 9's comp in the city that's hosting that weeks Origin, create a festival environment and have a bunch of gimmick based events ala NBA ALL STARS WEEKEND, NRL's quickest man, Celebrity State of Origin etc.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly it is not a tragedy if I miss watching the game. I live for the premiership if anything and SOO has become just another cash cow for the NRL. The series is talked about months before it is even played and it just devalues the middle part of the season. Maybe if it was a stand alone series I might have more interest in it.
The impact on the regular games is not so good - teams with good players get 'punished' for being good.
Do we really want to play without Klemmer and Jacko and it could easily have been Morris also.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I get into origin but I'm not nearly as passionate about it as i am about the dogs

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just think Origin was more interesting in the 90s, just knew there was gona be huge hits and fights.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No I could not give a tin shit about origin. Bob Fulton promised a spot to Dylan Walker so he could get him to Manly when there are much better players going around who could fill that bench utility role. If Bob fucking Fukton doesn't even take origin seriously, why should we?

Origin is a marketing ploy and nothing more these days. Taking the physicality and I hate to say it, but thuggery, out of origin killed it. Now it's deader than dogshit IMO.

Snooze fest.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I used to watch Origin just for the fights, but since its a bitch "sport" now, origin is boring as watching Knights v Dragons.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm greedy
I want my cake and eat it to
I want blues to win 3 nill then dogs to go on to win the GF
that would be an awesome year for me
Then the kangaroos to smash everyone else

I'm not asking for much am I
You should try living amongst them during Origin periods. Or bloody worse still, trying to watch the news when that slimy 'King Tosser Wally' comes on TV with that stupid smirk on his face telling any Qld'er arsehole who will listen how great they all are. What a pack of wankers!! But if you can put up with that, the robotic way they walk around in aimless circles shouting 'Billy Moore' and Qld'er, their inbreeding and worse still their driving aside, life up here still beats hands down living in the South Western Corridor of Sydney!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Origin is the biggest betting event, it's the Melbourne Cup of NRL. It's probably the only event where even non-punters have a punt.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You should try living amongst them during Origin periods. Or bloody worse still, trying to watch the news when that slimy 'King Tosser Wally' comes on TV with that stupid smirk on his face telling any Qld'er arsehole who will listen how great they all are. What a pack of wankers!! But if you can put up with that, the robotic way they walk around in aimless circles shouting 'Billy Moore' and Qld'er, their inbreeding and worse still their driving aside, life up here still beats hands down living in the South Western Corridor of Sydney!!
Yeah, I live through the bad driving and parochialism... because its 27 degrees and sunny here today :grinning: [I was setting up for an event at 5:30am, and it was actually quite pleasant to watch the sunrise]

Broncos and Cowboys fans might complain about the losses they suffered last night... until of course its [pointed our it is because of their beloved "QUEENSLAND!!!"]

Stupid me tipped both Broncs and Cows. I know I know, they were missing key players... but they were playing the Tigers and Dragons. Come on!

Status
Not open for further replies.