News The young gun “with the world at his feet”

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hard to break into the FG side the way some of the boys are playing though
Which I actually consider to be a nice problem to have. We struggled with depth for many years and now we have choice in various positions. Injury will likely play a role into who gets their NRL chance but so will form. This is probably one of Ciro’s lesser concerns now.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting way ahead but which of O'Neil, Woods, Burton and Oloapu is the odd one out (or two). All locked up long term I think
Oloapu if he comes back might have to evolve into a kurt Mann type forward, I've always thought O'neill and Woods would be our future halves combo, Burton may also need to convert into a centre or Lock at some stage if they all warrant selection.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
skelton would be a gun off the bench
But it was barnstorming winger Jeral Skelton, who easily topped the metre count with a staggering 321 metres — 124 of those post-contact. He also set up a try, got two linebreaks, four tackle busts and bagged a well-deserved try in the 71st minute.

Pull the trigger CC, give him Patolos spot...

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But it was barnstorming winger Jeral Skelton, who easily topped the metre count with a staggering 321 metres — 124 of those post-contact. He also set up a try, got two linebreaks, four tackle busts and bagged a well-deserved try in the 71st minute.

Pull the trigger CC, give him Patolos spot...
Such a weapon, it's now or never to try him in the forwards imo.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Which I actually consider to be a nice problem to have. We struggled with depth for many years and now we have choice in various positions. Injury will likely play a role into who gets their NRL chance but so will form. This is probably one of Ciro’s lesser concerns now.
We are so used to having a team of reserves playing 1st, hopefully we have snapped out the bad habit for good !

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Where's all the negative nancies? Where are all the Gus haters? Where are all the ones that thought CC was out of his depth? Where are all those that wanted Potter instead of CC? Where are all those that still think dogs will finish bottom 4? Where are all those that still think our training methods are too harsh and that our training methods are the cause for our injuries? Where's the Clown crew? Where's 04 dreaming? Where's his cousin Polly? Where's Flanagun? Where are all those that were crying because we let go of Alamoti(no way is he ahead of Critta & Xerri). Where are those that whinge like bitches? They have all evaporated like a fart in the wind as was expected.
Buzz keeps trooping along with his jealousy

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What a headache with team selections. Once Skelton gets his defence right.
Where would you even fit him in the back line if everyone is firing in the first grade squad.

Call me crazy, I’m just throwing out a random theory but maybe he’s not even being developed to a winger despite playing in the backline. Maybe he’s just playing there so he can learn the defensive plays of the game slowly out on the wing rather than getting the baptism of fire right in the middle.

“Mark my word” Skelton as our future AFB/Fisher-Harris type player :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
If he's not signed elsewhere... Would be a shame

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Controversial: I don't think Joash will be anything more than an average NRL player.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Joseph O’Neill reminds me of shifty when he was playing under 23’s. O’Neill has it all,, great running, kicking and attacking game and nothing wrong with his defence. enjoy watching this kid play. Also been to some of sg ball and Harold matts games and Woods sg
ball an exciting 7 and Barakat in harold matts at 7 is on his way up as well. Our club is in good hands and the future looks very promising. We have excellent depth in all positions as why these boys are in the finals

Last edited:

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Where's all the negative nancies? Where are all the Gus haters? Where are all the ones that thought CC was out of his depth? Where are all those that wanted Potter instead of CC? Where are all those that still think dogs will finish bottom 4? Where are all those that still think our training methods are too harsh and that our training methods are the cause for our injuries? Where's the Clown crew? Where's 04 dreaming? Where's his cousin Polly? Where's Flanagun? Where are all those that were crying because we let go of Alamoti(no way is he ahead of Critta & Xerri). Where are those that whinge like bitches? They have all evaporated like a fart in the wind as was expected.
They will come back after a loss

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Joseph O’Neill reminds me of shifty when he was playing under 23’s. O’Neill has it all,, great running, kicking and attacking game and nothing wrong with his defence. enjoy watching this kid play. Also been to some off sg ball and Harold matts games and Woods sg
ball an exciting 7 and Barakat in harold matts at 7 is on his way up as well. Our club is in good hands and the future looks very promising. We have excellent depth in all positions as why these boys are in the finals
It’s going to be hard to fit them all in or pick the right ones.

O’Neill will most likely make his debut next year. But could get a crack this year over origin.

Woods does seem like a once in a generation talent though. And Conti makes him look even better. I’m looking forward to seeing him progress.

I haven’t heard anything of the Harold Matt’s 7. But it’s going to be hard to choose the right one.

I’ll put a bet in that Woods will be the best. But need to see him play in the higher grades first.

Bronze

Waterboy
Reaction score
I’ll put a bet in that Woods will be the best. But need to see him play in the higher grades first.
I agree the fact AFL, Union and Bulldogs were all chasing to keep him, and Gus pulled off the masterstroke to keep shows how much potential the kid has. To play rep in all 3 codes while at school is incredible. Not going to place too much pressure on him but he gives me so much optimism moving forward will be watching the SG Ball GF this weekend online hope he puts on a clinic. Go Bulldogs!!

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s going to be hard to fit them all in or pick the right ones.

O’Neill will most likely make his debut next year. But could get a crack this year over origin.

Woods does seem like a once in a generation talent though. And Conti makes him look even better. I’m looking forward to seeing him progress.

I haven’t heard anything of the Harold Matt’s 7. But it’s going to be hard to choose the right one.

We have some excellent kids. whoever they choose we will enjoy watching them coming up through the grades