Reaction score
If we sign hoppa he better play like he did at manly or were screwed

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It will be good news if he replaces Perrett on the wing. Anywhere else and it's a massive fail.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Snap him up for 2 years, might get the best out of him yet

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Went onto the 1eyedeels forum and they're celebrating lol

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Went onto the 1eyedeels forum and they're celebrating lol
I wouldn't say that they are exactly celebrating but I do agree with these quotes!!!

Permalink Reply by Frankie Fong 2 hours ago

If the dogs take Hoppa you have to question Hasler . Hoppa is as usless as a player can get and has nothing to offer apart from prayer .
Permalink Reply by Joseph 1 hour ago

Fong, when you're not being a knob you actually make sense, one would have to question Hasler if he actively endorsed a signing as useless and overrated as Hoppa.
I like Hassler!!! I am one of his hardened supporters but even I would have to question his motives and decisions if Hoppa turned out to be a complete flop. I'd like to believe that in Hoppa's case that it is just another case of Parra stifling another promising career and not hassler buying the club a broken down lemon.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
If we can get hoppa for 200k then its probably good value. **** I remember when he was coming to the eels and people were calling for the dogs to sign him at 800k and he was a sure thing LOL

Master

Waterboy
Reaction score
I wouldn't say that they are exactly celebrating but I do agree with these quotes!!!

I like Hassler!!! I am one of his hardened supporters but even I would have to question his motives and decisions if Hoppa turned out to be a complete flop. I'd like to believe that in Hoppa's case that it is just another case of Parra stifling another promising career and not hassler buying the club a broken down lemon.
He failed at parra due to their shocking team and had to play too many positions and couldn't stabilise himself in one position. Dopey parra supporters happy to see him go pfft questioning hassler too... Hoppa is a great signing and if he replaces perret we will have one hell of a backline ..., don't forget he was playing shit at parra and still made the NSW team ... Hasler will prevail with him no doubt!

Will be a solid team:

1. B Morris
2. Hopoate
3. Lafai
4. J Morris
5. Rona
6. Reynolds
7. Mbye
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Lane
13. Eastwood

14. Kasiano
15. Klemmer
16. Browne
17. Has to be a utility

camdendoggies

Waterboy
Reaction score
1.Abbey
2.B moz
3.J moz
4.Hopoate
5.Rona
6.Mbye
7.Chisholm
8.Tolman
9.Lichaa
10.Graham
11.Trex
12.Jackson
13.Eastwood

14. Kasiano
15.Lane
16.Browne
17.Reynolds
Actually slight change sorry guys same team however Klemmer to 10, Graham to 11 and Trex Lro.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just what we needed ^^^ he will fit right in... Now all he has to do is dance or play the guitar

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
1. bmoz
2. rona
3. morris
4. hopoate/lafai
5. stanley/hopoate
6. reynolds
7. mbye
8. klemmer
9. lichaa
10. graham
11. jackson
12. williams
13. eastwood

14. tolman
15. browne
16. lane
17. kasiano

klemmer needs to start.

Pogboom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Blues State of Origin star Will Hopoate is only days away from formalising his future with the Bulldogs.

The Parramatta star has been at odds with the Eels for much of this year over a contract dispute and his future has been in limbo.

Hopoate has been holidaying in Bali this week and has told friends he has all but agreed to sign with the Bulldogs, despite a late bid by Melbourne to sign him up.

The tall utility back is contracted to the Eels for next season but Parramatta are more than happy to let him go to free up salary cap space and end the messy dispute over his contract value.

Former chief executive Scott Seward signed Hopoate to a huge deal that the Eels believe they can no longer afford and stay under the salary cap.

The Eels may still may have to pay some of Hopoate’s wage when he moves to the Bulldogs, however.

The former Manly centre/winger had a fairly ordinary season at club level for the Eels this year but Des Hasler is a big fan of his talents.

Tall and strong, Hopoate has the ability to again become a top class finisher in the talented Bulldogs backline.

this is from sportal

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Watched some of his highlights from his Manly days...absolutely ridiculous the difference between him then and now. It is almost Barba like the difference. Bloke could palm off a defender than charge through 3 more defenders and score a try, this year he would hit 2 defenders and basically be driven back... i am not against signing Hoppa as much as i was before..his highlights are giving me a lil hope that he may be able to reach that level again.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Watched some of his highlights from his Manly days...absolutely ridiculous the difference between him then and now. It is almost Barba like the difference. Bloke could palm off a defender than charge through 3 more defenders and score a try, this year he would hit 2 defenders and basically be driven back... i am not against signing Hoppa as much as i was before..his highlights are giving me a lil hope that he may be able to reach that level again.
When hoppa was playing for manly he was looking to becoming a super star parra ****ed him

Status
Not open for further replies.