The Will Hopoate Thread - 200k or 200nay

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
will hoppate just doenst have the same interest in playing like he did before his morman mission, 200k is pretty much paying him overs based on past form instead of the present form

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How's about that shitkunt Daley selecting him in origin. Worst player in the series easily.

Hoppa is just another drop kick like his dad and brother.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
haha serious? I know it has something to do with his religion im guessing but you cant just put that clause in when you already used to play on sundays, and wasnt the Grand Final this year on a sunday? lmao
Parra don't need to worry about grand finals

Thehighballl

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If he has a clause to not play cause of his religion he needs to quit the sport. Go serve God fulltime.

Do not pick up your NRL salary and then use religion to make it awkward for your team. Go back on your mormon mission and take every weekend off.

religion and sport do not mix.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The NRL Lurker celebrates the end of the working week by bringing you all the latest gossip and rumours.
MORE: Ask the Lurker - Post-season edition| Listen: The Lurker - NRL Gossip Central| Sea Eagles promise new grandstand at Brookie

Blues State of Origin star Will Hopoate is only days away from formalising his future with the Bulldogs.

The Parramatta star has been at odds with the Eels for much of this year over a contract dispute and his future has been in limbo.

Hopoate has been holidaying in Bali this week and has told friends he has all but agreed to sign with the Bulldogs, despite a late bid by Melbourne to sign him up.

The tall utility back is contracted to the Eels for next season but Parramatta are more than happy to let him go to free up salary cap space and end the messy dispute over his contract value.

Former chief executive Scott Seward signed Hopoate to a huge deal that the Eels believe they can no longer afford and stay under the salary cap.

The Eels may still may have to pay some of Hopoate’s wage when he moves to the Bulldogs, however.

The former Manly centre/winger had a fairly ordinary season at club level for the Eels this year but Des Hasler is a big fan of his talents.

Tall and strong, Hopoate has the ability to again become a top class finisher in the talented Bulldogs backline.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...anterbury-bulldogs/16ja3huy1a3zr1k72r4c4h9gq0

Hope its not true....

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The kid had so much promise when he burst onto the scene all those years ago. The time off for his mission work seems to have stuffed him...

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
--

TBH i would take him at around 200, maybe 300. And parra pay the remaining 400k of his salary.... bahahaha.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The NRL Lurker celebrates the end of the working week by bringing you all the latest gossip and rumours.
MORE: Ask the Lurker - Post-season edition| Listen: The Lurker - NRL Gossip Central| Sea Eagles promise new grandstand at Brookie

Blues State of Origin star Will Hopoate is only days away from formalising his future with the Bulldogs.

The Parramatta star has been at odds with the Eels for much of this year over a contract dispute and his future has been in limbo.

Hopoate has been holidaying in Bali this week and has told friends he has all but agreed to sign with the Bulldogs, despite a late bid by Melbourne to sign him up.

The tall utility back is contracted to the Eels for next season but Parramatta are more than happy to let him go to free up salary cap space and end the messy dispute over his contract value.

Former chief executive Scott Seward signed Hopoate to a huge deal that the Eels believe they can no longer afford and stay under the salary cap.

The Eels may still may have to pay some of Hopoate’s wage when he moves to the Bulldogs, however.

The former Manly centre/winger had a fairly ordinary season at club level for the Eels this year but Des Hasler is a big fan of his talents.

Tall and strong, Hopoate has the ability to again become a top class finisher in the talented Bulldogs backline.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...anterbury-bulldogs/16ja3huy1a3zr1k72r4c4h9gq0

Hope its not true....

I find myself in the minority yet again. I am happy if he signs with us, just unhappy that his old man would be around. Don't get me wrong, he's not a marquee signing but any move that improves our backline is good. Perrett to NSW or even Lafai with that Newcastle boy to get a go until some players start proving their mettle. Just need to change/or get a game plan and we are almost there. Find an organising solid halfback and Mbye at 5/8.

1. Bmoz
2. Holland
3. Jmoz
4. Hoppa
5. Rona
6. Mbye
7. we have no halfback

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Lol. After my comments on the hazem thread I'm not going there again :p
Haha I will go check it out. Let me guess you were crucified for daring to rubbish religion and all the great things it brings?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If true then this is our 2016 backline

Bmoz
Rona
Jmoz
Lafai
Hopoate

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting, he was always overrated in my eyes, maybe because Parra couldn't get the best out of him

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Ive been saying it for like a year, dessy wants hoppa, the only thing that was stopping it was hoppas undying loyalty but clearly getting your pay sliced means that he is finally coming to belmore

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I am too happy to see it happen.

1. BMoz
2. Rona
3. JMoz
4. Lafai
5. Hoppa

It's a solid back line if Lafai can find his form prior to 2015 (hopefully healthy and lose some muscle) we have a gun backline and Hopa can find some form on the wing which is his best position!

Also gives us some decent depth with Perrett, Stanley, Holland, Phillips and Abbey if he proves to be ready... Much happier then earlier this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.