The unwanted

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club has advised that they will not be re-signing S.Katoa & JMK.....

Dietz is definitely not the answer, so what does Trent and Khoury have in mind moving forward?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Dietz is definitely not the answer, so what does Trent and Khoury have in mind moving forward?
Just for you - going down memory lane:

Bulldogs chief executive, Andrew Hill, said: “We are delighted to be able to add someone of the calibre of Sione (Katoa) to our forward pack in the knowledge that he will provide both experience and quality.

“We have continued to look to add depth in all positions and the hooking role is a crucial part of that.

“With the emergence of Jeremy Marshall-King as one of the most promising emerging players in the NRL, we are pleased to have been able to complement his development by signing someone who we think is the right fit for our club.”

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score

100% all 3 aren’t the answer maybe jmk as a back up but that’s it at best. Hopefully baz has the cheese signed

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
By the looks of it, Trent will be lacing the boots up at 9

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Maybe they already have their man and just haven’t announced it yet. Makes sense to me. Why else would they be letting both of them go?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m only guessing we must have signed a hooker for 2022. Katoa you’d let go anyway but to not even keep JMK for depth is interesting.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Could be they have seen enough of Topine to like what they see? Perhaps someone else in mind from left field? Maybe the cheese or Hodgson is potentially happening?

Would have thought JMK for depth but to deny both suggests one of the above.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Could be they have seen enough of Topine to like what they see? Perhaps someone else in mind from left field? Maybe the cheese or Hodgson is potentially happening?

Would have thought JMK for depth but to deny both suggests one of the above.
Definitely not Topine

Kid is a future lock/2nd rower

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am thinking a Two year deal for someone like Mitch Kenny is what we should be doing. Not super expensive but solid enough. With maybe JMK on a cut price deal.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Pretty sure few boys and myself mentioned it here months ago, all deitz did in highlight reels is run from dummy halve, didnt offer much else.
Nor sure who else will play hooker

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmm maybe Hodgson for a couple of years is the right call and maybe to bring someone like Ryan Gray up towards the end of the next year on the bench who knows maybe even earlier.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well they surely must have someone signed up if they are not re-signing Katoa and JMK.

I find it hard to believe that they would let the both of them go if they didnt have someone signed up?

From my understanding they told the both of them a while back that they wont be required next year. Surely they are not going with Dietz and whoever else is playing hooker in the lower grades?