The Travelling Bulldogs Army - Shown Enough Love?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quillen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I donno whether I should've made a thread about this cause I was thinking about it for a while...

Do you think the players AND the media show the Army enough love?

Point in question, the Storm game at Bluetongue mainly but ALL away games...

DO the players and the club realise and recognise to what lengths the Army goes to to be at away games?

At Gosford, after watching the game again when I got home, that side of the stadium wasn't miked up enough... you couldn't hear the chants and, having been there, the Army was fckn loud and chanting at least once every 5 minutes.

The cameras only showed the Army twice on tele.

Any thoughts?

Timmah.

CANTERBURY!!!!!
Reaction score
I don't think you can say much about the Army being on Tele but some support from the club in some capacity wouldn't go astray.

The Knights Crusade are right behind a camera but they're rarely on Tele.

Quillen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that a point that the NRL should make? Cause the fans are the bread and butter of the league...

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally I couldn't care what the media and opposition fans think of our army.

So long as our boys appreciate what we are doing for them, and they fire up as a result. I want our players to know we are behind them the entire way. It's great to know that our chants can influence the mindsets of the players.

The best thing I could ask for as a fan, is for the boys to give us a "thank you" lap of honour, and hi 5 us at the end of each game.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
i think it would be a good idea...i mean have some recognition doesnt hurt at all

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Players love it and have been doing their bit by putting in good performances.

Club like the crowd number but are yet to directly show us some gratitude.

Media dont want to write anymore than they need to about us unless its tarnishes our reputation.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just watched the replay, we were on camera ONCE before the game. We put heaps of effort in, least they can do is show us FFS

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Personally I couldn't care what the media and opposition fans think of our army.

So long as our boys appreciate what we are doing for them, and they fire up as a result. I want our players to know we are behind them the entire way. It's great to know that our chants can influence the mindsets of the players.

The best thing I could ask for as a fan, is for the boys to give us a "thank you" lap of honour, and hi 5 us at the end of each game.
yeh i was dissapointed today that they didnt acknowledge us tbh

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score

think that would be a great gesture tbh

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
If you're doing it for media kudos - You're doing it for the wrong reason.
If you're doing it purely for Lulz - You're doing it for the right reason.

Doing it to show-off to people "i was there" = Wrong reaon.
Doing it because you love the company of the lunatics/people in the crowd = Right reason.

For Channel 9 TV appearances = Wrong reason.
For TV appearances in general = Right reason.

Kudos from admin in the media = Wrong reason.
Kudos from players applauding after a match = Right reason.

If you AT ALL CARE about the "media" and what they think ..... despite your hard work and wonderful efforts ... EVEN YOU are doing it for the wrong reasons.

That media wh's opinion you care so much about, will use you later on when it suits them - They'll take your pic and post it right next to a negative article instead.

Now I've bolded this bit so it gets remembered ....

If anyone here has some misguided belief that the Bulldogs Army, are a vehicle for positive change, you only need look at how the Souths incident was reported to see how far wrong you are about media !

Media are lowlife arseholes and nothing sells better than "hate" ! As a society of people, we love to hate ! From Big Brother evictions, to ACA exclusives with Clare the Chk Chk girl. From Federal elections to NRL player behaviour off the field ! If it can be hated - They run it ! It'll sell better !

Manly fans have the right idea - No One likes us. We dont care !

For me it's always been - "They just hate us ... 'cause they aint us !"

We will NEVER be the people's favourites. Despite that we still overcome and conquer.
They can hate us until the sky turns red, or the cows come home ... I wouldn't have it any other way !

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
Id like to nominate CK for post of the year.

Quillen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Captain Kickass... Fkn mad post (As misguided as it was... )

Fck I'm pumped for the next game just reading it and it's 2 weeks away... LOL

BTW I wasn't making the point for the reason that the Army wants to Grandstand.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh i was dissapointed today that they didnt acknowledge us tbh
I was expecting at least a few claps from distance but i saw nothing. I hope they were too disappointed to face us and theyll come out to 'make it up to us' next game (not that they need to, theyve exceeded my expectations this year so far)

Paulina..

BrysonGoodwin♥
Reaction score

You know what? I was just thinking that tbh.. yes we lost, but would it have killed our boys to come up to us and give us some acknowledgement?

We chanted and supported our boys throughout the whole game ffs they could have atleast waved to us. They just walked straight off the field.

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
You know what? I was just thinking that tbh.. yes we lost, but would it have killed our boys to come up to us and give us some acknowledgement?

We chanted and supported our boys throughout the whole game ffs they could have atleast waved to us. They just walked straight off the field.
LMAO. I don't think the players need to come over to the crowd to say thanks......they just lost a game they should have won and were gutted. The only thing they wanted to do was get in the sheds and have some time out!!!!!!
As supporters we need to understand that a game like that takes a lot out of the players and they need some time to get over it. And the game was in Newcastle FFS not Townsville!!!!!!!

StingrayCharles

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
On a disappointing side note - Does anyone know the name of the @ssclown in the dog's army that sledged a couple of knight's supporting 10-12 year olds and then appeared to slap one (lightly) in the face? should have been kicked out of the ground.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
On a disappointing side note - Does anyone know the name of the @ssclown in the dog's army that sledged a couple of knight's supporting 10-12 year olds and then appeared to slap one (lightly) in the face? should have been kicked out of the ground.
MASSIVE allegation there dude - Did you witness this incident ?

I need to warn you this person is well known to the Army, and this incident was discussed elsewhere earlier without any mention of what you are implying.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
I donno whether I should've made a thread about this cause I was thinking about it for a while...

Do you think the players AND the media show the Army enough love?

Point in question, the Storm game at Bluetongue mainly but ALL away games...

DO the players and the club realise and recognise to what lengths the Army goes to to be at away games?

At Gosford, after watching the game again when I got home, that side of the stadium wasn't miked up enough... you couldn't hear the chants and, having been there, the Army was fckn loud and chanting at least once every 5 minutes.

The cameras only showed the Army twice on tele.

Any thoughts?
i couldnt agree more.

the army never never gets onto the tv not that i care but i always see the raiders army, sharks army, st merge army on tv and the commentators always say oh what great supporter this team has their army of supporters.

ffs it really ****en ****s me because everytime we get a try they show pictures of the bulldogs supporters sitting down but when the raiders get a try it shows there raiders army.

we have bigger supporter group than all of them and have more banners/flags than them yet they dont show us on tv at all.

things like this really make be believe that we are hated and they dont even want our supporter group on tv.

also just remembered for manly games they always show those guys with the big flags everytime they run out and score a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.