The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have 2 entries today:

Kris Kringle/Secret Santa.

Kindergarten "graduations".

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I have 2 entries today:

Kris Kringle/Secret Santa.

Kindergarten "graduations".
The second one is just a way for the to cash in.

Congrats you've stopped shitting your nappies and can go to Year 1 ... WOW what a life changing step..

*shakes head*.

Secret Santa is okay, keeps christmas present shopping costs down.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The second one is just a way for the to cash in.

Congrats you've stopped shitting your nappies and can go to Year 1 ... WOW what a life changing step..

*shakes head*.

Secret Santa is okay, keeps christmas present shopping costs down.
Secret Santa can be useful in your family group, my own family did it one year (for the adults). I'm more thinking in the workplace. It just means so much useless stuff is exchanged, and nobody seems to actually enjoy it (and at its worst can be a lawsuit waiting to happen). Mrs CD has been stressing about hers this weekend, and it's now annoying me!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Secret Santa can be useful in your family group, my own family did it one year (for the adults). I'm more thinking in the workplace. It just means so much useless stuff is exchanged, and nobody seems to actually enjoy it (and at its worst can be a lawsuit waiting to happen). Mrs CD has been stressing about hers this weekend, and it's now annoying me!
Ahh yeah workplace ones either are shit useless gifts, or borderline sexual harassment gifts.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Ahh yeah workplace ones either are shit useless gifts, or borderline sexual harassment gifts.
My workplace does a different one.

- Say 20 people enter it, you are then drawn a number out of a hat 1-20
- all 20 gifts are then lined up on a bench - wrapped or in bags... whatever
- The first person goes and gets what the want, then unwrap it
- Person who draws #2 goes next, however, they can take whatever they want. So they can take another one they have their eye on... they can even take what person #1 picked if they want
- The person who draws #20 is obviously the luckiest and gets the final say after all the presents are opened and can take whatever the want. #1... LOL... good luck.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
My work does anti-Muslim gifts. Each year everyone gets a choice between a leg of pork or half a leg of ham.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The used to, but not anymore.

Each year I would get a cheap bottle of burbon. Then it became a cheap wine, then it became nothing.
Cheap wine? They may as well give you an iTunes gift card... or was that more expensive than the wine we’re talking?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The used to, but not anymore.

Each year I would get a cheap bottle of burbon. Then it became a cheap wine, then it became nothing.
Don''t be ungrateful, I'd like to leave it all behind for some cheap wine and a three day growth. Come on.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i just remembered one year at a large accounting firm (around 2001), one girl, who was from a vert conservative christian background, very timid etc, received a nude male calendar. It went down like a lead balloon. She cried, HR got involved.

She undoubtedly overreacted, but the person who was trying to be funny was also suck so bloody tone deaf.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
when your neighbours are having a party and not only cranking terrible rap, but 'trying' to sing along to it.... die

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fucking humidity!!

It's midnight .. fuck off and cool down already!

Feels like I'm in a bloody sauna here.

Of course one could sleep with the windows and balcony doors open... buuuut then the mosquitoes and bugs come in.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fucking humidity!!

Of course one could sleep with the windows and balcony doors open... buuuut then the mosquitoes and bugs come in.

fuck I had that same problem living in an old apartment in Croydon... no fly screens.... so it was like, windows closed and melt, or windows open and get raped by mosquitoes

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
fuck I had that same problem living in an old apartment in Croydon... no fly screens.... so it was like, windows closed and melt, or windows open and get raped by mosquitoes
I had that in an old house in Marrickville in my younger days. I had an array of mosquito repelling solutions (coils and those things you plug in. Seemed to so the trick.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
when your neighbours are having a party and not only cranking terrible rap, but 'trying' to sing along to it.... die
The house behind me is now a share house of a group of 20 somethings. They actually have the occasional 2am rap battle on their rear deck. Admittedly one of them is quite good, but the others are always pretty ordinary.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can you please re-type this sentence, the last 5 words don't make any sense...
Sorry, remove the word "suck". No idea how that got in there.

Was meant to read: but the person who was trying to be funny was also so bloody tone deaf.

Man I hadn't even cracked my first beer at that stage.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Fucking humidity!!

Why doesn't your landlord give that house the basics it needs for comfortable living? Every night from mid-November-early April my bedroom window is open, weather conditions contingent. Fly screen does wonders. I enjoyed a nice breeze in my bedroom window last night while watching some tv show I fell asleep to.

Wahesh

Reaction score
People who ride their bicycle on the FOOTpath... DIE DIE DIE!!!