The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but if you're dressing in drag.... that ship has sailed... what is detrimental, is kids being exposed to ladyboys and being forced to act like it is normal
Depending on how old these drag queens are, they've possibly had a tough time in life thus far with social intolerance. I can understand why they and some parents might like tosee their kids learn that being a bit different to normal isn't the worst thing in the world. In the long run it might help the kids quite a bit.

There are plenty of things kids get exposed to that shouldn't be classed as normal. I personally think our society glorifies violence in movies and TV more than they should which in my view is probably worse than teaching kids that acceptance of people who choose to dress outside of their gender stereotypes is wrong. According to my parents up until I was about 4 I wanted a pretty dress just like all my 4 older sisters got. I realized with more exposure to the world that isn't how males typically dress. And in reality I don't think that I'd have grown up differently if I'd seen a couple of men dress in drag during my formative years. The bulk of society isn't going around dressed in that way and as humans we seek to normalize ourselves. But I think that a lot of mental health issues might be averted if the world learns to stop demonizing things that they don't understandOne of the main aspects of bullying is that people see someone that dares to be a bit different and they fear it. It can't really hurt kids too much to learn that people who are different aren't evil or that they deserve to be treated badly.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Depending on how old these drag queens are, they've possibly had a tough time in life thus far with social intolerance. I can understand why they and some parents might like tosee their kids learn that being a bit different to normal isn't the worst thing in the world. In the long run it might help the kids quite a bit.

There are plenty of things kids get exposed to that shouldn't be classed as normal. I personally think our society glorifies violence in movies and TV more than they should which in my view is probably worse than teaching kids that acceptance of people who choose to dress outside of their gender stereotypes is wrong. According to my parents up until I was about 4 I wanted a pretty dress just like all my 4 older sisters got. I realized with more exposure to the world that isn't how males typically dress. And in reality I don't think that I'd have grown up differently if I'd seen a couple of men dress in drag during my formative years. The bulk of society isn't going around dressed in that way and as humans we seek to normalize ourselves. But I think that a lot of mental health issues might be averted if the world learns to stop demonizing things that they don't understandOne of the main aspects of bullying is that people see someone that dares to be a bit different and they fear it. It can't really hurt kids too much to learn that people who are different aren't evil or that they deserve to be treated badly.

There is a way that the LGBT people see the world, and they want to push it into others, it's as simple as that... they know their actions cause trouble, but they persist... how is that going to help anyone, let alone kids? I mean look what happened yesterday ffs

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
1. The parents decided to take their kids to the drag story telling. NO ONE FORCED THEM.

2. The majority of parents who took their kids to drag story telling are already part of the lgbt community

3. Drag story telling is NOT sexualized. It's only sexualized in the minds of the perverts opposing them.

4. Priests wear robes and are kid fiddlers, protest against your own religious institutions

5. The dragqueens were BULLIED by the protesters

6. The kid who killed himself was gay himself, why he decided to commit suicide is conjecture at the moment. It could very well be that he was struggling with his own sexuality and hearing comments from his peers about "poofs" and "****" could have driven him over the edge. Again all conjecture

7. Love how idiots now care so much about bullying but their care dissipitates when its bullying against drags/homosexuals. HYPOCRITES

8. A moron in this thread decided to politicize a young mans suicide when everyone else had agreed to stop talking about it. This moron doesn't give a shit about a young man dying, instead using this young mans death to "score points"

9. This is exactly the reason safe schools was introduced, to stop bullying of everyone, to teach acceptance and hypocriticaly those that opposed "care" about someone's bullying because it SUITS THEIR CAUSE. Fuck off you bullshit artists

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed. There's nothing wrong with kids being able to have someone such as a librarian or teacher read a book to them without this whole acceptance thing being there as a back story.

As for the guy who took his own life, this is really sad and there is NEVER and excuse to bully someone. From what I know it was mainly cyber bullying after his protest that pushed him over the edge.

R.I.P.

Very sad.
It is sad that he chose to take his life. And bullying isn't right at any stage or for any reason. But I imagine that these people that dress in drag have suffered a huge share of bullying themselves. I don't see the outpouring of sympathy for the bullying they've probably gone through until they thickened their skins enough to shrug it off.

I look at this all as a question of do we want to become more progressive as a society or do we want to allow prejudice and fear of anything different rule the way we behave into the future. The whole Folau saga typifies why I think that teaching acceptance is a good thing. I'd guess that more people have committed suicide because society has made them feel wrong for being what they are (be that gay, lesbian, transgender or someone that wants to cross dress). I highly doubt that seeing a man in drag reading a story will create a generation of cross dressers. We should assume that adolescents are intelligent enough to decide what they want to be in life. What is normal to me might not feel normal to my neighbors and nobody should be persecuted or bullied because they have a need to express themselves differently.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It is sad that he chose to take his life. And bullying isn't right at any stage or for any reason. But I imagine that these people that dress in drag have suffered a huge share of bullying themselves. I don't see the outpouring of sympathy for the bullying they've probably gone through until they thickened their skins enough to shrug it off.

I look at this all as a question of do we want to become more progressive as a society or do we want to allow prejudice and fear of anything different rule the way we behave into the future. The whole Folau saga typifies why I think that teaching acceptance is a good thing. I'd guess that more people have committed suicide because society has made them feel wrong for being what they are (be that gay, lesbian, transgender or someone that wants to cross dress). I highly doubt that seeing a man in drag reading a story will create a generation of cross dressers. We should assume that adolescents are intelligent enough to decide what they want to be in life. What is normal to me might not feel normal to my neighbors and nobody should be persecuted or bullied because they have a need to express themselves differently.
Mate they dont give a shit about bullying, it suits their cause and thats why they "care, otherwise they'd see the blatant hypocrisy in their words

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. The parents decided to take their kids to the drag story telling. NO ONE FORCED THEM.

2. The majority of parents who took their kids to drag story telling are already part of the lgbt community

3. Drag story telling is NOT sexualized. It's only sexualized in the minds of the perverts opposing them.

4. Priests wear robes and are kid fiddlers, protest against your own religious institutions

5. The dragqueens were BULLIED by the protesters

6. The kid who killed himself was gay himself, why he decided to commit suicide is conjecture at the moment. It could very well be that he was struggling with his own sexuality and hearing comments from his peers about "poofs" and "****" could have driven him over the edge. Again all conjecture

7. Love how idiots now care so much about bullying but their care dissipitates when its bullying against drags/homosexuals. HYPOCRITES

8. A moron in this thread decided to politicize a young mans suicide when everyone else had agreed to stop talking about it. This moron doesn't give a shit about a young man dying, instead using this young mans death to "score points"

9. This is exactly the reason safe schools was introduced, to stop bullying of everyone, to teach acceptance and hypocriticaly those that opposed "care about someone's bullying because it SUITS THEIR CAUSE. Fuck off you bullshit artists

OK so some parents want their kids to be read to by drag queens... does it HAVE to be in public? does it NEED to be saturated in the media? what if we dress somebody up in a Jesus costume and send them in the library to read to kids, and plaster it all over the news and social media... how do you think that will go down?

The teenagers obviously feel that children need to be children, and should not be dragged into politics... it's as simple as that.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
As people here know my stance on this whole thing, I would just like to say that I do NOT advocate bullying even towards those who my stance is against. I can do my best to practice my beliefs and also speak them, however I will not bully anyone. I know gay people who are among the friendliest people I've ever met, and I also know people who share the same beliefs as me who are so vain, and are people I despise.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
OK so some parents want their kids to be read to by drag queens... does it HAVE to be in public? does it NEED to be saturated in the media? what if we dress somebody up in a Jesus costume and send them in the library to read to kids, and plaster it all over the news and social media... how do you think that will go down?

The teenagers obviously feel that children need to be children, and should not be dragged into politics... it's as simple as that.
Agreed.

Also when it comes to religion and reading Catholic or religious texts to children to help understand their religion, it's usually done behind closed doors, such as in Church (bible study) or even in private Catholic schools.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is a way that the LGBT people see the world, and they want to push it into others, it's as simple as that... they know their actions cause trouble, but they persist... how is that going to help anyone, let alone kids? I mean look what happened yesterday ffs
Most LGBT people would have suffered some bullying in their life if they haven't hidden their nature. Nobody was at the storytelling session without consent, so it only caused trouble when people chose to protest it. I hardly think that the parents are pushing their kids to make life choices that aren't natural to them. To an extent I think they're probably wise enough about the world to realize that at some point in time the kids will cop some bullying about the fact that their parents are in same sex relationships. This is why I think it's a good idea to teach social tolerance to everyone.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Its in a corner of a public library on a Sunday, that had CLEARLY been advertised before

What a load of shit excuse your post is

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
One tiny corner in a public library on a Sunday and the bigots are frothing at the mouth to criticize them

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its in a corner of a public library on a Sunday, that had CLEARLY been advertised before

What a load of shit excuse your post is
It's no longer a "tiny corner" when it's plastered all over social media now, is it? so the excuse is, in fact, valid.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's no longer a "tiny corner" when it's plastered all over social media now, is it? so the excuse is, in fact, valid.
Its plastered all over social media because of the protesters.

Who the fuck knew about it before, show me.

What absolute bullshit logic you're using now. Just come out and say it, you dont want them to exist

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most LGBT people would have suffered some bullying in their life if they haven't hidden their nature. Nobody was at the storytelling session without consent, so it only caused trouble when people chose to protest it. I hardly think that the parents are pushing their kids to make life choices that aren't natural to them. To an extent I think they're probably wise enough about the world to realize that at some point in time the kids will cop some bullying about the fact that their parents are in same sex relationships. This is why I think it's a good idea to teach social tolerance to everyone.
it has been causing trouble long before the protests... not sure if you're aware, but this concept is not limited to Australia, it's something they were doing in America last year... and of course they couldn't just do it, they had to saturate it all over the media and internet... THAT, is the biggest problem... if it's something they believe in, fine... but don't shove it in everybody else's faces.. the same way as they don't want to read about Jesus every time they turn their tvs on, or log on to social media

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its plastered all over social media because of the protesters.

Who the fuck knew about it before, show me.

What absolute bullshit logic you're using now. Just come out and say it, you dont want them to exist
LOL... you don't even know that this concept is not limited to just these last few weeks in Brisbane...

I have no issue with them existing.. and I will treat them with respect... Do I go and protest these things? no... am I out there abusing these people? no... do I not want it rubbed in my face constantly? yes, and so do many others.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/06/us/drag-queen-story-hour.html

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL... you don't even know that this concept is not limited to just these last few weeks in Brisbane...

I have no issue with them existing.. and I will treat them with respect... Do I go and protest these things? no... am I out there abusing these people? no... do I not want it rubbed in my face constantly? yes, and so do many others.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/06/us/drag-queen-story-hour.html
One NY times article *slow clap*

Talk about stretching for evidence.

Yes you have a problem with them existing

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
it has been causing trouble long before the protests... not sure if you're aware, but this concept is not limited to Australia, it's something they were doing in America last year... and of course they couldn't just do it, they had to saturate it all over the media and internet... THAT, is the biggest problem... if it's something they believe in, fine... but don't shove it in everybody else's faces.. the same way as they don't want to read about Jesus every time they turn their tvs on, or log on to social media
I'm not sure if you understand that the media will push things into peoples faces if they think it will make them a dollar. So I'm not sure that it was the organisers that pushed for media exposure or if the media got wind of it and decided to blow it out of proportion. And at the end of the day if you see this in the media it gives you the chance to ensure your kids (if you have any) aren't likely to be present when these stories are read.

As I said. I find it more of an issue that violence tends to be normalized and that people are becoming desensitized at a very young age.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
One NY times article *slow clap*

Talk about stretching for evidence.

Yes you have a problem with them existing

Uhhh.. you do realise that it went viral, yea? NY Times were far from the only organisation pushing it.. but nice try

No, I don't.. why would I care? I used to work in a bar just off of Oxford Street, they don't bother me one bit... and to be fair, it's probably not even half of the community that are constantly pushing their agenda.. so I will give them that... it's just unfortunate that the ones who are do not consider the consequences of their actions.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you understand that the media will push things into peoples faces if they think it will make them a dollar. So I'm not sure that it was the organisers that pushed for media exposure or if the media got wind of it and decided to blow it out of proportion. And at the end of the day if you see this in the media it gives you the chance to ensure your kids (if you have any) aren't likely to be present when these stories are read.

As I said. I find it more of an issue that violence tends to be normalized and that people are becoming desensitized at a very young age.

If you spent much time around the media industry you would realise just how many of these troublemakers do work in the industry, and do have an agenda.. and regardless.. the very fact that the organisers KNOW full well that what they are doing is causing problems should be enough for them to do something about it.. take it to a private setting or something... but no, they would rather stir the pot... even with kids involved.

I do agree with you about video games... same goes for a glorified drinking culture... and many other things... but it doesn't mean this issue goes away

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Uhhh.. you do realise that it went viral, yea? NY Times were far from the only organisation pushing it.. but nice try

No, I don't.. why would I care? I used to work in a bar just off of Oxford Street, they don't bother me one bit... and to be fair, it's probably not even half of the community that are constantly pushing their agenda.. so I will give them that... it's just unfortunate that the ones who are do not consider the consequences of their actions.
So why would that one article go viral? Why does any article go viral? Because it causes uproar in a section of the community, because people couldnt let it go. Gees i wonder who those people would be

And what in the hell does that article have to do with a brisbane public library Sunday morning session.

Again parents DECIDED to take their kids, NO ONE was forced. It was a CHOICE.

You conveniently ignore that.