• Marty Taupau

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Reimis Smith

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you had the opportunity to bring back a current NRL/ESL/RU player who has previously donned the blue and white... who would you bring?

Don't look at it purely from a "we need someone for this position" perspective. Perhaps it may be nostalgia, or something else that draws you to such a player. IE - I was a big fan of Kasiano and some of his ball-playing skills. Some were on display in a game against the Groncos some years back.

Note - poll is limited, so could not add fan favourites such as Adam Idiot and CHN etc etc.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm choosing cook, because not only is he the best player on that list by far but he's probably the only player on that list that would comfortably walk into the starting role ahead of whoever we already have.
agree, and the rest are all passed it/old

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL, whats lachlan burr going to do for us?

North Queensland Toyota Cowboys forward Lachlan Burr will retire from rugby league with immediate effect due to an ongoing chronic hip injury. The Cowboys thank Lachlan for his service since joining the club prior to the 2021 season and wish him well in his future endeavours

Side note: Why does Cook always look fucking RIPPED

1645679480633.png

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL, whats lachlan burr going to do for us?

North Queensland Toyota Cowboys forward Lachlan Burr will retire from rugby league with immediate effect due to an ongoing chronic hip injury. The Cowboys thank Lachlan for his service since joining the club prior to the 2021 season and wish him well in his future endeavours
Saw that after I posted.
Tbf - would probably still do a better job at 7 than our current lot

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If it's for 1 year Cook (Mahoney coming next year). Otherwise probably a winger, Reimis. Rona or Thompson could work too.

trent_solotar7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
cook or rona. was pissed when both of these guys left, quickly become some of my favourite players when they first put on the jersey

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fcuk the way Klemmer played on the weekend i'd straight swap him for that pommy bloke in heart beat.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a no brainer. Rona in for Oka. We already have hooker covered for '23

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Cook or Rona but I wouldn’t rule out Marty Tapau. He couldn’t get a game when we had a stacked pack: Tols, Menace, Tank, Kas, Bobcat, Beast, Stagg etc. Don’t blame him leaving to get a game at the Tigers.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I picked Cook because it was him or Curtis, but everybody is sick of the 'Rona after the last 2 years!

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although Cook is a better player, I’d pick Rona due to Mahoney already coming next year.

Dufty
JAC
Naden
Schoupp
Rona

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't be willing to mortgage the house I live in for anyone on that list and it's not my house. Cook would be handy for this season. Taupau and Rona both good, but moving forward I think they're a bit long in the tooth. I wouldn't have minded having bought Finucane back for a season or two. But I'd like to see us picking the eyes out of the junior ranks of other clubs for talent that's been overlooked behind incumbents.