The Stand up comedy thread

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
My favorite Carlin bit;
My favourite Carlin bit.
I'm surprised people here like George Carlin?
He was a big time conspiracy theorist and proud of it.

he stood for the very things most of you despise!
ultimate Satanist!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My favourite Carlin bit.
I'm surprised people here like George Carlin?
He was a big time conspiracy theorist and proud of it.

he stood for the very things most of you despise!
ultimate Satanist!
Is he a yank? Name doesn't ring a bell i dont think.Then again if he is a c/t then I wouldn't like the c..t anyway lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is he a yank? Name doesn't ring a bell i dont think.Then again if he is a c/t then I wouldn't like the c..t anyway lol
Carlin was a great comedian. He was a little bit of a conspiracy theorist. Not your average conspiracy theorist. He wasn't pushing all the crazy stuff that you see come from CTs now days, but he was just very anti-elite. He believed that rich people and people in power cared more about holding their power than helping those in need. Which isn't really a conspiracy.

But he also believed that the whole push of anti-Communism in the US was just a way to get two sides to fight against each other. But again, that's not really a conspiracy. It's pretty well known. It's just not as organised as Carlin thinks it was.

It got much worse later in his life though. I saw Kevin Smith live a while back and he talked about Carlin 'cause he was good friends with him. And he said how sad it was that toward the end, Carlin had no humour left in him. He was just a guy who was so angry at the world.

But the saddest thing is that many far right wing conspiracy theorists attach to Carlin. But Carlin would have hated them. The biggest thing Carlin hated was the bipartisan divide in America. So it's really, really sad that people are pushing that divide further and using Carlin as their hero. It just taints the memory of a great comedian.

I should point out that he was also very anti-left wing. He was very anti-bipartisan.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
BTW, everyone should know George Carlin from his role in two of the greatest movies of all time...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Carlin was a great comedian. He was a little bit of a conspiracy theorist. Not your average conspiracy theorist. He wasn't pushing all the crazy stuff that you see come from CTs now days, but he was just very anti-elite. He believed that rich people and people in power cared more about holding their power than helping those in need. Which isn't really a conspiracy.

But he also believed that the whole push of anti-Communism in the US was just a way to get two sides to fight against each other. But again, that's not really a conspiracy. It's pretty well known. It's just not as organised as Carlin thinks it was.

It got much worse later in his life though. I saw Kevin Smith live a while back and he talked about Carlin 'cause he was good friends with him. And he said how sad it was that toward the end, Carlin had no humour left in him. He was just a guy who was so angry at the world.

But the saddest thing is that many far right wing conspiracy theorists attach to Carlin. But Carlin would have hated them. The biggest thing Carlin hated was the bipartisan divide in America. So it's really, really sad that people are pushing that divide further and using Carlin as their hero. It just taints the memory of a great comedian.

I should point out that he was also very anti-left wing. He was very anti-bipartisan.
Main reason why I loved him was due to that he didn't fall for the left/right bullshit.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
doesn’t matter if you would of liked him or not?
He was a very inspirational human being and people enjoyed being around him.
The same probably cannot be said for a good portion of people who post on web boards?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

you can’t speak for what Carlin would agree with today?
But I can say with 100% certainty he wouldn’t of been running out to get vaccinated like all of you geniuses.
I’m sure he would of had a ton of good material in the past 15 years?

Last edited:

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These guys are doing a show at my wifes work this week if anyone is down the Wollongong area. They have been on the footy show a fair bit and Matty johns shows. Tickets are like $20
IMG_0116.jpeg

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
you can’t speak for what Carlin would agree with today?
But I can say with 100% certainty he wouldn’t of been running out to get vaccinated like all of you geniuses.
I’m sure he would of had a ton of good material in the past 15 years?
I agree that I can't speak for what Carlin would agree with today. But neither can you. There's no way you could say that he would be pro or anti-vax when it comes to Covid.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I agree that I can't speak for what Carlin would agree with today. But neither can you. There's no way you could say that he would be pro or anti-vax when it comes to Covid.
Yeah he wasn’t a conspiracy theorist at all he was just logical and don’t anyone here take that as see logical. See see I’m right.. No you are a conspiracy theorist and he was logical.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah he wasn’t a conspiracy theorist at all he was just logical and don’t anyone here take that as see logical. See see I’m right.. No you are a conspiracy theorist and he was logical.
he had a whole tv show loosely based on his real life persona where he outright says he is a conspiracy theorist.
He even said on the record he didn’t trust the government.

you guys should be hating him!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Another thing that separates George Carlin from most others, he knew how to think for himself.