The Rugby League World Cup 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How to blow a 20 point lead in 5 minutes by England. Bennett would be absolutely filthy.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The thing is it would have been called a try if it was any NRL team playing against the Bulldogs!!

~c.
Maybe maybe not point is IT wasn't a try. And IT wouldn't have been a try if it was us either. Again the day that gets called a try is the Dat we give up the game. I saw it once in the finals in 2008 when Marshall lost it and Ropati scored. At that time I was YES YES try, but deep down I knew it wasn't. Just like this.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you're probably right brotha, but why not check it? it decided the game!
Bro even if he did he was going up NO TRY. There wasn't any way anyone would rule against it. It just wasn't a try. Brother, I was up screaming my head off too lol but its not a try. No way no how.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe maybe not point is IT wasn't a try. And IT wouldn't have been a try if it was us either. Again the day that gets called a try is the Dat we give up the game. I saw it once in the finals in 2008 when Marshall lost it and Ropati scored. At that time I was YES YES try, but deep down I knew it wasn't. Just like this.
Kinda agree, point is, if Bulldogs were defending that, 110% it's going to video ref as "TRY, check for strip"

~c.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty certain that last play would have been given a try in normal time. Even with a pom in the bunker.

Probably saved them some embarrassment v Straya anyhow but tough pill to swallow. Should have been the best comeback I have witnessed since 98 v Parra.
Um no it wouldn't have been. Only an idiot would call a try for a ball lost forward and then scored. At best it's called NO TRY then passed off to the video ref.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How to blow a 20 point lead in 5 minutes by England. Bennett would be absolutely filthy.
No images from dressing sheds, would enjoy watching that blow up. However, the ZEN Tongan crowd is a learning opportunity for teams' supporters felt hard done by!!

~c.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kinda agree, point is, if Bulldogs were defending that, 110% it's going to video ref as "TRY, check for strip"

~c.
Yep probably. Which still shows it would have been a bad call. He lost it and we all would be raging to lose a game like that. So I don't see the uproar tbh. Yes the refs and rules are inconsistent but they got it right here. He lost it. Tbh more should be said about the guy who made the tackle.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i just watched another replay and he played at the ball and clearly knocked it out. Even though i agree it was a loose carry it was still knocked out by Whitehead.I reckon if that goes to video ref then it gets given.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh all the rage should be shown to Tupou who just lost the ball with a clear line open. But yeah nah let's blame the refs for a less than 50 50 call instead lol.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
just drops the ball with the line open then does the old look at the hands like they dont work like there suppose to
It's better to blame the refs though. You know how it is on here. Nevermind that the first try was most likely knocked on from Tonga too just forget it all and focus on a less than 50 50 call lol

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just like that all the atmosphere has left the world cup. I wonder if the Kangaroos are going to do the Boomerang formation challenge in the final?? lol

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like that all the atmosphere has left the world cup. I wonder if the Kangaroos are going to do the Boomerang formation challenge in the final?? lol
that synchronized walking/chanting should never be seen again

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gotta say though that daniel tupou has terrible hands drops so many balls

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
surely everyone was thinking when fifita got the ball that he was going to ran on his own and do something stupid or make an error...
Hes done it this year in origin, sharks elimination final and now for Tonga. This is how he plays, needs to learn how to hold the ball, 100% a loose carry.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
surely everyone was thinking when fifita got the ball that he was going to ran on his own and do something stupid or make an error...
Hes done it this year in origin, sharks elimination final and now for Tonga. This is how he plays, needs to learn how to hold the ball, 100% a loose carry.
tbh with 10 mins to go i thought he was going to go into crab mode

Status
Not open for further replies.