The Roosters -NRL marriage break-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back to Back

Waterboy
Reaction score
What do people think.In the last few months there appears to be jibes thrown mainly from the Roosters camp towards the nrl.Gould has had a number of shots towards the nrl administration on a number of issues and Politis also to a lesser extent has fired some pot shots.

Has their been some friction at a deeper level and the cracks are appearing now through these jibes.

Is the pressure getting to the Roosters not winning a competition for 30 years when all teams are in the competition.

Maybe I am wrong but I think the "very close" relationship between the two parties over the last 4 years is not so close anymore.

There is an apparent rift between Gould and Annesley but I get a feeling that the Roosters have had some run-ins with the nrl as well.

I think most of it has started with the ridiculous cap concessions they were trying to get.Maybe the nrl told them to wake up as there has been rumours all along about them.Now they are simply being arrogant and disrespectful.

Maybe I am so wrong on this.Do people agree or disagree.

K

K E

All an act my friend.

Put on a show for the cameras.

Like you said "there have been rumours"

Meh, My opinion anyway.

A

Anil

This is all an act to throw off the average supporter, everyone knows that the NRL bends over for the roosters, so they think if they have a "lovers tiff" it would fool us to say they are rorting it together.

Where the hell was roosters before Gayvid Gallop came into the story? The last time they won anything was back in 1975.

Anastabation

Reaction score
Don't read into it, the NRL dreams and hopes to promote roosters as the premiers, bench mark and generally the clean cut & most professionally run side in the league. They want the roosters to take on new york yankee like status in australia and around the world, they want to promote brad fittler as the babe ruth of the sport. The bulldogs on the other hand are the stone cold steve austin on wwe with the nrl being Vince Mcmahan - they will stop at nothing to see the dogs fail however we constantly prosper none the less.

Chris.P

I'm a Manager
Reaction score
anastabation said:
Don't read into it, the NRL dreams and hopes to promote roosters as the premiers, bench mark and generally the clean cut & most professionally run side in the league. They want the roosters to take on new york yankee like status in australia and around the world, they want to promote brad fittler as the babe ruth of the sport. The bulldogs on the other hand are the stone cold steve austin on wwe with the nrl being Vince Mcmahan - they will stop at nothing to see the dogs fail however we constantly prosper none the less.
Tha is the most spot on summary ive heard about the NRL in a while.

Anastabation

Reaction score
MR GEORGE said:
the nrl do not want one side to win it every year.
They didn't consider the penrith win a disaster, infact they probably were pleased with the result, add a bit of variaton. But they would of been devestated beyond belief after this years result, a point further emphasised by David Gallops post grand final speech.

MzBulldog83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back to Back said:
Maybe I am wrong but I think the "very close" relationship between the two parties over the last 4 years is not so close anymore.

There is an apparent rift between Gould and Annesley but I get a feeling that the Roosters have had some run-ins with the nrl as well.
agree that its just a cover up, Gould's secretly gay 2005'z his yr didn't you know? :p

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
What do people think.In the last few months there appears to be jibes thrown mainly from the Roosters camp towards the nrl.Gould has had a number of shots towards the nrl administration on a number of issues and Politis also to a lesser extent has fired some pot shots.

Has their been some friction at a deeper level and the cracks are appearing now through these jibes.

Is the pressure getting to the Roosters not winning a competition for 30 years when all teams are in the competition.

I think most of it has started with the ridiculous cap concessions they were trying to get.Maybe the nrl told them to wake up as there has been rumours all along about them.Now they are simply being arrogant and disrespectful.

Maybe I am so wrong on this.Do people agree or disagree.
That is very true

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They won a premiership 8 yrs ago, not 30 :p

Yak From Yass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
and this topic should be in the Bulldog discussion because............?

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Said it before and ill say it again, the same "type" of people who support and live in roosters teritory are the same "type" of people that run the NRL business

M

mongoose

hey guys mongoose here!

Who thinks that Grog Carney and Junior Junior are playing alright for the roosters? this is roosters forums amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.