The reason BMoz chose the Roosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Get ready to laugh because it'a a cracker. LOL talk about delusional.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/28...redentials-key-factor-in-luring-brett-morris/

Alicia Newton Sat 28 Jul 2018, 12:10 PM
Departing Canterbury winger Brett Morris said the opportunity to win another premiership before retirement played a major role in his decision to join the Sydney Roosters next season.

Morris announced earlier in the week he will link up with the Tricolours for the next two years, knocking back several offers from rival clubs with the length of the deal and rich successful history at Bondi too good an opportunity to refuse.

The Roosters were quick to fill the void left by Blake Ferguson, who will leave at season's end to join Parramatta, with the recruitment of Morris and England winger Ryan Hall.

The 31-year-old also noted his father Steve's stint at the Roosters in 1987 as another drawcard to move East and finish his career.

"They're a club that's successful and being in the last couple of years in my career it's something that I want to achieve, success," Morris said.

"I want to try and win a competition. I did it with the Dragons in 2010 and it feels like an age. It's something that I'd love to finish my career with a premiership and the Roosters definitely have the squad to do that. For me personally I feel I still have a lot to give in the NRL. And this year while it's been tough I feel like I've played some consistent footy. That was the big thing for me."

Brett's departure is in sync with brother Josh, who will join Cronulla on a two-year deal next season.

While fans were hoping for a fairytale finish together from the pair, Brett admitted it came down to business and the pair understood each other's decision.

"I've got three kids and he's got one. Things change over time and you've got to do what's best for yourself. Obviously it would have been nice to finish together but it's not to be. A couple of years down the track we might be able to play together at Kiama. There were a few [offers]. It's nice to feel wanted, myself and Josh both love the game of rugby league and try to give it our all. We wear our hearts on our sleeves and still think we have a lot to offer."

Morris will leave behind four years at Belmore and as a senior player at the club feels it's the right time to step aside and allow for Canterbury's youth to come through the systems.

"A lot of guys here have probably played this level of footy a bit earlier than they expected and it's a tough gig. They haven't looked out of place. The more games these guys get the better players they're going to be."

He admitted there was no certainty to his position in the line-up next season at the Roosters with the addition of Hall and incumbent winger Daniel Tupou on the left edge but welcomed the challenge.

"It's exciting, that's the way you start your career so why not finish it like that. You're fighting for spots as a young fella and it's no different when you're older. If anything it brings out the best in you."

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If they dont win next year there’s something wrong the amount of players they are signing theyll have 2 first grade teams

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You cant see them winning it in the next 2 years?

I can, easily Top 4 roster, their forwards are a bit soft at times but shit they have some class.

I don’t seem to hate them as much as I used to.

Broncos, Rabbitohs and as always Eels way higher I my “hate machine”.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a load of shit.

If the Dogs offered him a 2 year contract he would have re-signed.

He is just making up shit, because he didn't get the 2 years he wanted..

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand the decision to let them go but it still sucks.

Now back to your regular scheduled programming of our fans crapping on every player who leaves the club.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many more times do I have to read a player accept less money to play at the cocks... What a load of BS.. the nrl is fuckn a joke

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am offended....basically he is saying we won't win a comp in the next two years...hmm let me think about that...
Ok no longer offended lol

Jimi

New Pup
Reaction score
Get ready to laugh because it'a a cracker. LOL talk about delusional.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/28...redentials-key-factor-in-luring-brett-morris/

Alicia Newton Sat 28 Jul 2018, 12:10 PM
Departing Canterbury winger Brett Morris said the opportunity to win another premiership before retirement played a major role in his decision to join the Sydney Roosters next season.

Morris announced earlier in the week he will link up with the Tricolours for the next two years, knocking back several offers from rival clubs with the length of the deal and rich successful history at Bondi too good an opportunity to refuse.

The Roosters were quick to fill the void left by Blake Ferguson, who will leave at season's end to join Parramatta, with the recruitment of Morris and England winger Ryan Hall.

The 31-year-old also noted his father Steve's stint at the Roosters in 1987 as another drawcard to move East and finish his career.

"They're a club that's successful and being in the last couple of years in my career it's something that I want to achieve, success," Morris said.

"I want to try and win a competition. I did it with the Dragons in 2010 and it feels like an age. It's something that I'd love to finish my career with a premiership and the Roosters definitely have the squad to do that. For me personally I feel I still have a lot to give in the NRL. And this year while it's been tough I feel like I've played some consistent footy. That was the big thing for me."

Brett's departure is in sync with brother Josh, who will join Cronulla on a two-year deal next season.

While fans were hoping for a fairytale finish together from the pair, Brett admitted it came down to business and the pair understood each other's decision.

"I've got three kids and he's got one. Things change over time and you've got to do what's best for yourself. Obviously it would have been nice to finish together but it's not to be. A couple of years down the track we might be able to play together at Kiama. There were a few [offers]. It's nice to feel wanted, myself and Josh both love the game of rugby league and try to give it our all. We wear our hearts on our sleeves and still think we have a lot to offer."

Morris will leave behind four years at Belmore and as a senior player at the club feels it's the right time to step aside and allow for Canterbury's youth to come through the systems.

"A lot of guys here have probably played this level of footy a bit earlier than they expected and it's a tough gig. They haven't looked out of place. The more games these guys get the better players they're going to be."

He admitted there was no certainty to his position in the line-up next season at the Roosters with the addition of Hall and incumbent winger Daniel Tupou on the left edge but welcomed the challenge.

"It's exciting, that's the way you start your career so why not finish it like that. You're fighting for spots as a young fella and it's no different when you're older. If anything it brings out the best in you."
Mr I there Certs to win next 2 years one comp

Status
Not open for further replies.