The real reason we are in this Position

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What would Burton and the Fox be thinking in regards to 2022?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Um, no given there was another coach (and caretaker) in between Folkes and Hasler.
what has that got to do with anything? im talking about the general reaction was that folkes was done in 2007 and the reaction to the 2012 season was that hasler was incredible

the kennel is a bunch of sheep who are excited about whatever the club chooses to do, like when greenberg came in and tore up the club DNA begging the media to write positive stories and trying to woo kids charities, the kennel loved it at the time, executive producer Rodzilla made a thread about it making a case that he has betrayed the club bowing down to the enemy daily telegraph newspaper but the Rodzilla was shot down

then the kennel loved hasler and mocked folkes specifically, then the club wanted to go back to the old bulldogs and bring in Pay, executive producer made another point that it is disrespectful to think they can just go back to the way things were like flicking on a light switch and was correct again

the Rodzilla would make the perfect executive producer at the Bulldogs, the only problem is i need time to turn things around, like maybe 50 years time and i need a good salary

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
An astute observation :-).

PS: who ever said that? Dopey post.
Ok finally.. some self reflection.. but you don't have to call your post dopey mate..

Bias, misguided.. maybe but dopey? Ok maybe you are right on this occasion..

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Because our players are shit and are struggling with the basics, that stuff that should've been developed from junior years...

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The club has been reeling ever since Hasler, Dib, Castle butchered it from top to bottom, and we are still paying for it today. That is the premise of this thread.
4 years on you cannot keep blaming that.. there has been several bad decisions since that time, that has landed us here..

I was one of the most critical of dib, Des and rae.. but it's time to draw a line in the sand.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
the Rodzilla would make the perfect executive producer at the Bulldogs, the only problem is i need time to turn things around, like maybe 50 years time and i need a good salary
305B597B-7EA5-49E2-97D9-E6E20F1E80F9.jpeg

Last edited:

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hasler had a lot to answer for but that was in the past.. this current heap of shit is all on barrett and the anderson's..
ANDERSONS ur kidding..
They had a shit hand but at least
T Baz knows we didnt have all the talented kids who had years together like the Panthers. Our SG ball team is a cracker. No patience is all im seeing from many people.. im sure after 50 games under the belt for the young pups we will see NRL standards and its like any sport or Art.. u need time on the paddock experience and working with your team mates for a long period to be in sync and successful.. 1 off season and injuries to key leaders like today is never going to get us a W.. Topine, RFM Thompson along with Averillo Kyle and Cotric will improve after another season or two.. No short cuts or magic dust will change this learning curve.. Have patience and support our kids.. The others off contract wont be here next year who Dean Pay and co signed due to Hasler Raelene and Dibs poor strategies.. Dogs for life

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ok finally.. some self reflection.. but you don't have to call your post dopey mate..

Bias, misguided.. maybe but dopey? Ok maybe you are right on this occasion..
I didn’t think I’d ever have to give you any credit but I see what you did there...

Biased? Nope.
Misguided? Maybe sometimes.
Realistic? Always.

Reactions: GDR

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i have plenty of experience on football manager which is admittedly a soccer game but take a look at my team from a kennel draft of nrl players about 7 years ago or so

i got taumalolo as the 50th or so pick lol, lichaa got picked in front of him i think, the only problem was that these teams were voted on by kennelers

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This is much closer to the truth than any NRL or referee led conspiracy/agenda. Thankfully the peninsula poison should be completely flushed by the end of this year, 4 years after the Despot left.
Yep Des the fraud sucked the life and confidence right out of our club! Poor ole Barrett is suffering that lingering affect atm but once he flushes out the turds off contract at the end of this season and start over with some fresh faces we will be ok just gonna be a few more tough days at the office until then. I was at the game against Souffs today but I was still proud of our team for playing well and showing some guts for at least half the game... Don’t lose faith boys we’ll be right next season!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Some may use the laugh emoji and that’s cool.. but I think we’ll come good in the second half of the season. We are getting a really tough run at the moment with injuries & suspension and referring interpretation - I think the highlight was when we had to challenge the Latrell Mitchell strip on Hoppa when it happened basically right in front of the touchie.. on top of that we have new players that haven’t gelled yet in the new system. It takes time. For the record yes I think you back end contracts you have to be the coach / board that manages those contracts. Too hard for somebody else to come in and manage all that unless they start from scratch.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's all about the junior system. If you don't have a top junior system you will have to cheat the cap to have sustained success.

Once Gould sorted out the Panthers they've had almost a production line of quality players coming through.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How do you explain then that Flanagan and Allen as two examples were signed after the Andersons were gone? What is really true is that due to cap hell, which we mostly exited end of last year when we jettisoned Foran etc, we had to sign some average talent in the interim. Thankfully most likely the last remnants of that era will leave at the end of this year, led by Napa.
Flanagan was signed to compliment Burton, unfortunately we couldn’t get Burton this year. Allen was a signing based on him wanting more opportunities and we got him cheap, not like we had a war chest to splash big money for this year.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Flanagan was signed to compliment Burton, unfortunately we couldn’t get Burton this year. Allen was a signing based on him wanting more opportunities and we got him cheap, not like we had a war chest to splash big money for this year.
I agree, but both were post the Andersons, which was the point I was making.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some may use the laugh emoji and that’s cool.. but I think we’ll come good in the second half of the season. We are getting a really tough run at the moment with injuries & suspension and referring interpretation - I think the highlight was when we had to challenge the Latrell Mitchell strip on Hoppa when it happened basically right in front of the touchie.. on top of that we have new players that haven’t gelled yet in the new system. It takes time. For the record yes I think you back end contracts you have to be the coach / board that manages those contracts. Too hard for somebody else to come in and manage all that unless they start from scratch.
I hope you are right.. I have much doubt..

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yep Des the fraud sucked the life and confidence right out of our club! Poor ole Barrett is suffering that lingering affect atm but once he flushes out the turds off contract at the end of this season and start over with some fresh faces we will be ok just gonna be a few more tough days at the office until then. I was at the game against Souffs today but I was still proud of our team for playing well and showing some guts for at least half the game... Don’t lose faith boys we’ll be right next season!
Ditto mate I was there too.
First 20 we looked good.
Silly lapses cost us - two bad reads on Cook and he ensured we were punished. We had bad luck with Lewis and Meaney. When things don’t go your way as with the previous games we dropped our heads and the score blew out. We have near zero confidence. I believe better things are ahead and I’m not willing to judge Baz yet, irrespective of his Manly stint.