The Pre Season Performers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klemhammer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Bulldogs.com.au has caught up with players and staff to get their thoughts on who has impressed in preparation for season 2016.

The 2016 pre-season is nearing an end and after countless hours in the gym, on the cardio equipment, in the wrestling room, on the field and sweating it out in the hot Sydney sun, who has been impressive over the summer.

David Klemmer: “Brad Abbey looks really exciting and young Jayden Okunbor looks like a player of the future.”

Lloyd Perrett: “Our squad is quite young and a lot of the players that make up our 40-man pre-season squad are 19 or 20 and are still eligible for 20s, but they have been impressive with the way they have attacked the training.”

Jimmy Dymock: “Some of the new faces have impressed. Kerrod “Dutchy” Holland has done well coming down from Newcastle. He has shown some good signs, good speed and good awareness of football.”

Craig Garvey: “The big boys have been impressive. You don’t see what they do behind the scenes until you get here and how much work they put into their training.”

Moses Mbye: “There are some very good young fellas in our squad , but big Jayden Okunbor has been ripping in and is set for a big year.”

Adam Elliott: “There are a few players that I have played 20s with that have joined the squad, but we also have a couple of young fellas like Adam Keighran who played Australian Schoolboys last year in our squad.
“At the start of the pre-season he was a little bit nervous and quiet, but I know him off the field and he is out there, so it’s good to see him coming out of his shell. Adam has really impressed me.”

Josh Morris: “Blokes like Adam Elliott. In the gym he is throwing around some heavy weights and out on the field blokes like Michael Lichaa, Craig Garvey and Kerrod Holland have really impressed me with their fitness.”

Aiden Tolman: “There are a number of guys who have been training well, but I think Adam Elliott has been the standout. He had a few injuries last year, his off-season was disrupted, but this year he has come back much fitter and stronger and having a real good crack.”

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2016/01/29/the_pre_season_perfo.html

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good to see some new names amongst the mix...

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great speed skating shot by Lichaa !!

~c.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I have really high hopes for Elliot can't wait to see him get a shot, I'm sure he will flourish like Jackson did in 2012. Hopefully we don't have to wait to long for Hollands debut either.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have really high hopes for Elliot can't wait to see him get a shot, I'm sure he will flourish like Jackson did in 2012. Hopefully we don't have to wait to long for Hollands debut either.
Holland will debut round 1...well he has to cos he's in my supercoach team lol.

Klemhammer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Got phillips instead on nrl fantasy cause holland isnt in the selection list

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I trust Tolmans opinion , looking forward to watching Adam Elliott play

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Got phillips instead on nrl fantasy cause holland isnt in the selection list
Wonder why he isn't there? He does have a firstgrade contract from memory. Im only sticking to supercoach, the difference between prices in the two comps is confusing.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell ya what
It's a nice shark crisp ball he threw
That's a very good sign
Freudian slip (or pass) lolll Skippy !!

Alas, I picked up what you were putting down.

~c.

Klemhammer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah pricing system and points system are very different

Im only using Nrl Fantasy cause im used to it

got bmoz and jammers also in my team

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Freudian slip (or pass) lolll Skippy !!

Alas, I picked up what you were putting down.

~c.
Lol
My bloody iPhone
I should learn to read my posts before sending

My phone always makes me look like a twit by altering the words I post

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Holland will debut round 1...well he has to cos he's in my supercoach team lol.
I have him too, are we expecting Des to do the unthinkable and Drop Perrett? He's well overdue a spell(permanently) in the reggies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I rate Adam Elliot and is very strong and stocky type player. I hope he takes Lloyd perrets bench spot during origin period or she Rex if he doesn't perform early.

Status
Not open for further replies.