The Positives

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Judging by the way the cows and Broncs trialled we are likely to go 0-5. It all depends on the score lines though.
If we don’t win one of the first 2 we will be waiting longer than last year.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we don’t win one of the first 2 we will be waiting longer than last year.
I'll be surpised if we do... probably have a better chance against the Broncs than the cows... Slight suspicion the cows and dragons will be smokeys.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'll be surpised if we do... probably have a better chance against the Broncs than the cows... Slight suspicion the cows and dragons will be smokeys.
They both looked better than I expected them to go in their games.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They both looked better than I expected them to go in their games.
Townsend was massive for the cows. His direction and leadership brought the best out of the team and you can expect the same from the Broncs when Reynolds jumps on board.

One too look out for is Tommy Dearden, said a few years back Dearden reminds me of Keary when he was coming through the grades and its starting to show.

One thing is for sure though The next big signing for the dogs has to be an expensive experienced half if Averillo doesnt kick on.... Burton has it, just needs someone to teach him.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We know Averillo is either a centre or winger
We know Okunbor should not play first grade
We know TPJ and Hetho are props
We should really consider swapping Thompson for decent backrower shifting TPJ to prop
We know JMK has not an ounce of attacking footy in him
We know Burton, Naden and JAC are going to hate this shit
We know Barrett struggles to coach basic footy.
Thompson was one of our best, what game you watching

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah... for 800k he is a fukn fraud who plays limited mins. Vaughan was head and shoulders better than Thompson.
Vaughan played okay but did miss a one on one tackle in front of the sticks, Thompson can play 80 also and will play big mins I bet next week

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Vaughan played okay but did miss a one on one tackle in front of the sticks, Thompson can play 80 also and will play big mins I bet next week
Vaughan still MOM from a dogs perspective regardless of that soft try which wasnt totally his fault.

Jury is out on Thommo to be honest, for a 800k marquee prop he has to be pumping out big stats not something a decent prop can do.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vaughan still MOM from a dogs perspective regardless of that soft try which wasnt totally his fault.

Jury is out on Thommo to be honest, for a 800k marquee prop he has to be pumping out big stats not something a decent prop can do.
He wasnt motm for me, Thommo was our only performer last year in a shite pack, turns up week in week out for us, certainly not a problem, Jackson poor today aswell, a number of issues we have to address

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I actually thought Waddell was… good
Waddell probably best option on an edge tbh.. Has bulked up over the pre season and has some footy in him.

Hetho just cant run those smart lines or shift the ball on for a back rower... He is only good if given early so he can run hard at the smaller guys.

TPJ is probably best suited as a lock too... As much as i hate it and until RFM is back i think Jacko has to go back to an edge as slow as he is. I really dont know anymore...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He wasnt motm for me, Thommo was our only performer last year in a shite pack, turns up week in week out for us, certainly not a problem, Jackson poor today aswell, a number of issues we have to address
You really dont think Vaughan played well? you sure?

I wont pull the trigger yet on Thommo but mate like i said his price tag talks more than his footy does.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Waddell probably best option on an edge tbh.. Has bulked up over the pre season and has some footy in him.

Hetho just cant run those smart lines or shift the ball on for a back rower... He is only good if given early so he can run hard at the smaller guys.

TPJ is probably best suited as a lock too... As much as i hate it and until RFM is back i think Jacko has to go back to an edge as slow as he is. I really dont know anymore...
So you want to put a slow middle as you said on a edge, yes that makes sense. FMD

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Errors cost us the game. And the 7-1 penalty count was horrendous.
TPJ needs to pull his head in, can’t blame Barrett for that.
Thomson played more direct, thought he and Vaughan played well.
Fox needs more ball and to want more work.
Dufty, Burton will get dangerous.
Bring on round 1.
Agree re the penalties. Early in the game Fox was taken by out by the centre when chasing a bomb yet somehow the fwit Ref gives Cronulla the penalty. Jacko gets pinned for rolling the ball. 5 minutes later Finucane rolls the ball, they play on try.

Avo was terrible.

I thought Thommo and Vaughan were good. Burton is a class act. Naden looked ok.

JMK - enough said.

TPJ farrrrkkkkk me.....

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So you want to put a slow middle as you said on a edge, yes that makes sense. FMD
Fark mate they both arent edge forwards but we are up shit creek in the edge forwards department. Unless Hetho learns how to draw and pass to his outside men and/or run a decent line he is near useless on an edge apart from early ball running at smaller guys. Both have limited lateral movement but atleast Jacko can ball play to some degree.

The whole makeup of this squad is fukn putrid...

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fark mate they both arent edge forwards but we are up shit creek in the edge forwards department. Unless Hetho learns how to draw and pass to his outside men and/or run a decent line he is near useless on an edge apart from early ball running at smaller guys.

The whole makeup of this squad is fukn putrid...
Hetho was very good tonight dont know what you are on about. He always runs a good line, they arent there to catch and pass

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hetho was very good tonight dont know what you are on about. He always runs a good line, they arent there to catch and pass
He played like a prop on an edge not even looking for a hole to run into... Not meant to catch and pass? cmon mate your taking the micky now... The better backrowers in the game can do it all, Hetho dont have the smarts or creativity for it.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He played like a prop on an edge not even looking for a hole to run into... Not meant to catch and pass? cmon mate your taking the micky now... The better backrowers in the game can do it all, Hetho dont have the smarts or creativity for it.
Disagree he is an edge forward