Official The @NRL_Bulldogs confirm the departure of

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
So who's on top of the top 30 (if it stays that)? With the couple of signings we've made how many vacant spots have we got for 2021 now that it's official these guys are going?

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope enjoyed that one of my favourites came back, tell me where I said any of the above, and he was better than some we had that’s for sure. Not the point of my post anyway.
Lafai is certainly better than Holland and Montoya. Would have been a handy backup player and could even use him in the forwards since few of ours can break the defence like he can when he's on.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman replaced with Thompson (came early on more than likely less money than he'll be on in 2021). Foran replaced with Green that obviously saves a lot (compared to Foran's 1.2m this year). Cotric replaces Montoya and Holland combined I guess. I feel we have another one to two good signings in us (it does depend if we can get contracted players). We have about 3 spots remaining in our top 30 after promoting players (Doorey, Topine and Schoupp for e.g.).
We signed Corey Waddell too which takes one spot...

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sue could feel hard done by. Decent hard running hard hitting depth player (unfortunately better then tolman and Napa) hopefully we do get decent back ups up to or better then his standard instead of Britt, stimpson etc.

Cogger never got a real shot at the dogs. Could barely string more then a few games together before being dropped for Lewis. Shame is he has actually regressed or stagnated as a player. Hope he does get a shot elsewhere because has a nice running game for a 7 and can set up his outside men. Just needs a coach like Bellamy to identify his role and develop him.

Shame our game plan for 3 years was Lewis yo touch the ball 5 times a set and throw bad passes which over played his hand and didn’t allow the secondary half any chance to shine.

Lakas

Waterboy
Reaction score
Tolman replaced with Thompson (came early on more than likely less money than he'll be on in 2021). Foran replaced with Green that obviously saves a lot (compared to Foran's 1.2m this year). Cotric replaces Montoya and Holland combined I guess. I feel we have another one to two good signings in us (it does depend if we can get contracted players). We have about 3 spots remaining in our top 30 after promoting players (Doorey, Topine and Schoupp for e.g.).
We also lost CHN and Morgan Harper from the top 30. I don’t believe their spots were filled.

Reactions: GDR

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I like the changes but kind of feel bad for lafai , he would have a stayed as a back up on minimum wage for the few touches he provides would be worth it perhaps

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I like the changes but kind of feel bad for lafai , he would have a stayed as a back up on minimum wage for the few touches he provides would be worth it perhaps
it all comes down to the balance of the squad where TB thinks we need to improve or he has someone else waiting to sign?

SLushY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Honestly I would resign both Sue and Tass for what they’re worth others can go... I don’t see Coggers in our future so let him go

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
all the best boys I hope they get to play elsewhere if they want to stay in the NRL.

How much off he salar cap with those 8 players?

Maybe $2.45m (Foran $1m, Tolam $500k, Montoya $175k, Holland $250k, Cogger $215k, Sue $200K, Lafai N/A, Tass $110k)

Not sure how much has been spent on new players yet.
Nasheed here,
More! Because of Holland earning 500 this year.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, thsi has left us pretty void on centres outside Cotric and Hoppa.
Are we seeing Aaron Schoupp lifted into the 30 best year as the Tass/Harper replacement?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd like to thank each and everyone of those players for their service, and I hope they all find somthing soon for them to build on elsewhere.

Unfortunately for them, we do need to move forward in a new direction as clearly the current squad wasn't achieving very much.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah I said this a while ago
Won’t announce until finals over
spot on, he has too, he wouldnt get rid of those players if he didnt have already ongoing negotiations. and he has !!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So we have 24 players signed for next year.

Hopefully we are done with the back up players and we have a few key player signings coming up in the next few months.

we would have looked much better without green too even though I’m sure he won’t cost much and would be an on and off field leader.