The NRL should be renamed...

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t know what it’s new name should be. Anything other than the NRL so that people don’t confuse it with the game I grew up watching and loved.

I watched the 2004 grand final the other day and if someone that had never watched rugby league watched that game and a game from this season they’d think they were watching two different sports. The 6 again rule has ruined the game. Sin bins for infringements that are hardly even penalties. Lop sided score lines in nearly every match. Back then any team with a bit of grit and defensive resolve could grind out a win and were in with a shot. Now it is impossible to stay in the contest and the lower teams get 50 put on them consistently.

The NRL is dead. I’m just glad I’m old enough to have had the pleasure to be a fan when it was one of the greatest sports on Earth. RIP NRL

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Constant rule changes have evolved the game into a political correct version.
Did they have the right?
That stupid bell.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Terrible version of rugby league at moment.. its just all attack & points and speed.. the contest & reward for strong defence & bog hits are minimal..

The game has skewed far too much towards attack imo..

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Teams of fit fast young guys playing touch footy

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We will see top try scorers getting 30 tries
That’s shit footy

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
But... would be complaining if our doggies were smashing teams like this? I very much doubt it.!!

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Great Post was thinking the same thing. We are starting to see some push back even in the biased media. See what happens next year. Can't see them getting rid of the six again though until Vlandys is gone.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Will change after rd 15. Panthers will put 80 on the roosters who will then have a cry and the following week there will be another rule change.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Will change after rd 15. Panthers will put 80 on the roosters who will then have a cry and the following week there will be another rule change.
That will be a beauty. Yep, no longer will you be allowed to tackle Roosters players at all...........Funny how the big change over head contact came after one Mr Tedesco was hit in the head as he was FALLING into the defensive line in is usual running style...