The NRL Ladder if the 12 points taken off the Eels were given to the teams that they illegally beat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We would be 3rd with a bye next round. We would've basically had a top 4 spot sewn up.

Cronulla= 32
Melbourne= 30
Canterbury= 28
North Queensland= 26
Canberra= 25
Brisbane= 22
New Zealand= 20
St.George= 20

Gold Coast= 18
Penrith= 18
Wests Tigers= 18
Manly= 16
Souths= 14
Parramatta= 12
Sydney Roosters= 10
Newcastle= 7

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
we should still beat them when they were cheating

like if i took 4 years of steroids and entered the 100m sprint at the 2020 olympics, i should still finish last in my heat and if i beat a few people they have no excuse

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That is a terrible example and makes no sense.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
That is a terrible example and makes no sense.
im shit at running like parramatta is shit at football, we should still beat them especially with foran out which probably made them cap compliant anyway

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
we should still beat them when they were cheating

like if i took 4 years of steroids and entered the 100m sprint at the 2020 olympics, i should still finish last in my heat and if i beat a few people they have no excuse
Well in the olympics for the gold medalist was found cheating they give the gold medalist to the 2nd place athlete. Parra cheated and we should be given the 4 points stolen from us. We are under the cap and obeyed the rules in both games while parra cheated and needed a lot of bunker and ref fuck ups to get them over the line. So honestly I feel cheated over the fact that greenturd won't give us the 4 points that should be ours.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't think thats really relevant, if you look at the line up they had, its a decent lineup, but only reason they where over the cap is there management sucks, that team shouldn't be over the cap if you aren't over paying some, or most of it.

Points have never been awarded to teams that lost to those with cap issues in the past, so they wouldn't be now. It would be a valid argument to question why they where left the possibility of making the finals still, when that wasn't the case for us or the Storm in the past, but reversing game results played has never happened before, and never should in the future.

(also, your ladder shows there would really be much difference from what it actually is - Us, Cowboys, and Raiders all have a bye next round, so not much will be changing there as it stands right now for a week or two, then the power is in our hands to move to number 3 the next week anyway)

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Well in the olympics for the gold medalist was found cheating they give the gold medalist to the 2nd place athlete. Parra cheated and we should be given the 4 points stolen from us. We are under the cap and obeyed the rules in both games while parra cheated and needed a lot of bunker and ref fuck ups to get them over the line. So honestly I feel cheated over the fact that greenturd won't give us the 4 points that should be ours.
but also in the olympics they dont reclassify the heats and rerun the final with the guy that just missed out because of the cheater or redo the whole thing with the guy who just missed out on the olympics, they just have to deal with it

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We were expected to and should have won those 2 games against Parramatta anyway plus the game against Cronulla. If we had we would be in a strong position now.

I don't like the way the whole situation with Parra has been handled but not sure if it would be correct to just give the 2 points to the other team.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We were nowhere near parra in either of those games even now they continue to win games even in a depleted state. If the NRL didn't find out about the salary cap issues they would of runaway with the Comp no question that team was close to unstoppable and if they get through their next issues, have Hayne onboard and make the semi's they will go close to winning premiership to say the eels are a terrible football team shows a lot of us are not watching anything else barring highlights

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should've beaten canberra as well..

At least we're a chance, we'll hopefully be at full strength against the Cowboys in a couple weeks and if we deserve it we'll cement our position at the top half of the 8.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We were expected to and should have won those 2 games against Parramatta anyway plus the game against Cronulla. If we had we would be in a strong position now.

I don't like the way the whole situation with Parra has been handled but not sure if it would be correct to just give the 2 points to the other team.
while ill believe we always should have won that game, the loss has improved the team as it woke the lazy c**** up and we are now playing better as a result.

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They probably did us a favour , we have had to work harder and smarter to get into the top 8 , now were equal 3rd in points

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
while ill believe we always should have won that game, the loss has improved us the team as it woke the lazy c**** up and we are now playing better as a result.
Swear to God I didn't see your post till after I posted , great minds

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They probably did us a favour , we have had to work harder and smarter to get into the top 8 , now were equal 3rd in points
I'd much rather be in our position now compared to the Sharks we will be having competitive games where we have to win while the Sharks will coast into the finals with a soft draw and will be no where near ready for the finals.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd much rather be in our position now compared to the Sharks we will be having competitive games where we have to win while the Sharks will coast into the finals with a soft draw and will be no where near ready for the finals.
That's a good point! I think des would agree, bring on thurstons team x2

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Does this list also factor in teams who played Parra twice instead of once? If the points were redistributed, then the teams who played them twice (and lost) would be added 4 points, whilst others would only get 2.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
agree with what most of u r saying above
forget the parra games
we should have won the canberra/sharks game and we'd have won 8 games straight into the bye now...
but whatever it was..we have woken up since then..and seemed to stay composed and i felt pretty confident the last 2 weeks..that even when down by 10-12 points we would come back and win...
havent felt that way in a while...
boys can have a nice rest now and hopefully we are fired up for the big game against Thurston and co...hopefully we dont have anymore slumps...
i really really want to finish top4 this season please!
wouldnt mind playing sharks in first finals game with a 2nd chance up our sleeve!

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Could you imagine what the 02 ladder would have looked like if the the teams we beat that year got their points back. We where on 37 when we got stripped of our points (just a few wins in there lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.