The next month

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was a good win last night. But the next month will make or break our season IMO. We play Manly next week to face **** Des. Then Newcastle for magic round. Then Tits up on the GC. Before returning home to Belmore for the Storm. Potentially could win 3/4. Anything less then 2/4 and for me it’s season over. After that we start to play some heavyweights in the roosters, dragons, sharks and raiders. So we need to target the next month like our life depends on it.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I thought if we beat Souffs we would win the next 4 but I didn't want to be a massive jinx and start the thread.

However the effort was there and more importantly the boys backed it up the next week.
The quick sands of Lottoland will be a challenge sure, but the desire to get one over the old coach, the increasing concentration in defence and constantly overcoming refereeing adversity will hold us in good stead.

We will also have an extra 3 days recovery while they will be taking on a desperate Broncos (edit* Raiders). Favourable

Then it's redemption against Klemmer and consolidating the Knoughts position at the bottom of the ladder. Dont underestimate the boys desire to stick it to Klemmer given the fact he dogged the boys in a rebuilding phase, and did so late in the contract year giving us fuck all time to negotiate. And for what, a chance at a premiership with who LOL

We will also have an extra day of recovery while they are flying back from over the ditch. Favourable.

We then take on the Titans after they have a heavyweight Thursday night clash with the Sharks.
They have an extra days recovery, and they will need it, but we will also have a full 7 day turn around and by that time, a truckload of momentum and confidence.

Throw in Big Papi and Forans imminent returns and we will be looking the goods

BANG BANG BANG get it done boys and stick it up all the naysayers

Last edited:

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Was a good win last night. But the next month will make or break our season IMO. We play Manly next week to face **** Des. Then Newcastle for magic round. Then Tits up on the GC. Before returning home to Belmore for the Storm. Potentially could win 3/4. Anything less then 2/4 and for me it’s season over. After that we start to play some heavyweights in the roosters, dragons, sharks and raiders. So we need to target the next month like our life depends on it.
Just wrote a thread up on the next 3 games, lol great minds.

Pencil us in for 3 W's good sir

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They are winnable but the hardest thing with a young team is maintaining consistency and being up for games every week is this teams biggest challenge. I think we lose at Manly and win the other two.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We deff beat the knights, but will have to play a bloody good game to beat manly, they playing some good footy.. will be a tough tough game. But with the way CHN and co are finding some combos, and Meaney has a top class game it’s not impossible..!!

We compete for 80, hold the ball and no silly mistakes as well as some 50/50 calls then it’s definitely not impossible and we have a chance! Imagine 3 back to back wins ...!!!

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
We deff beat the knights, but will have to play a bloody good game to beat manly, they playing some good footy.. will be a tough tough game. But with the way CHN and co are finding some combos, and Meaney has a top class game it’s not impossible..!!

We compete for 80, hold the ball and no silly mistakes as well as some 50/50 calls then it’s definitely not impossible and we have a chance! Imagine 3 back to back wins ...!!!
Not even worried about 50/50's just give us fair and reasonable calls without the biased interpretation and we will be chuffed.

Pencil us in for 4 in a row btw. Including the Cows win

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not even worried about 50/50's just give us fair and reasonable calls without the biased interpretation and we will be chuffed.

Pencil us in for 4 in a row btw. Including the Cows win
lol, agree .. but that will be fair an reasonable because it never is when it comes to those 50/50 calls going our way.. we are fighting the unreasonable before the whistle even blows.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No offence but what do you mean it will be season over if we win less than 2/4.

Do you really think we can challenge for top 8 and we would be competitive.

We won by 2 tries over a team in an equally bad position.

We are miles off top sides, don't be fooled by the close results vs Storm or Souths. In a final match we would get destroyed by those teams or the roosters.

We need to be realistic sometimes, around 12th will be a decent result for this team.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

We are miles off top sides, don't be fooled by the close results vs Storm or Souths. In a final match we would get destroyed by those teams or the roosters.

We need to be realistic sometimes, around 12th will be a decent result for this team.
Completely agree, the rest of this season will be about avoiding the spoon more then making the 8.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With our form this year we are just as likely to win the upcoming games as we are to lose them.. cant make any predictions just yet..

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
This is the biggest yo yo season I can remember so far.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Your right, but this month is crucial in building points to avoid the spoon. That’s all we can really hope to achieve this year

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still up da shit with only a couple of wins but looking good in recent weeks with hectic defence and honest desire to win, hanging out for Foran and Napa but good leadership from Tolman and Jackson keeping the ship steady, still a possible dark horse if fit at years end.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am on the fence about how the next month will go. Hopefully we see the young recruits fire more frequently. A month of good confidence building wins could really turn our season around. I don't expect miracles. But it would be nice to string together some strong football.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol I’m aiming for 15th or better and I’ll be happy. With what we have in both coaching ranks and players, that’s decent. I just hate wooden spoons

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We aren’t making the top 8. We would need to win 11/17 from here which I just don’t see happening. This season will be about finding out which younger players have a future with us