The next 4 weeks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
Realistically - I would be over the moon with 2 wins from the next 4, but we are capable of winning all 4...

Dragons (Away), Manly (Home), Tigers (ANZ) and Cowboys (Away)

Aside from Cowboys, the rest are sub-par teams.

Klemmer, Graham and Kasiano will all be back for the Cowboys.

This will test our depth, but will do us well in the long term.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
the tigers is a funny clash, as is the dragons clash: us losing a big forward like kasiano or klemmer is not a very large thing as their strike is their backs

Malla

Reaction score
We have Thompson and Stanley to cover - both with great first grade experience.

I think we will just be grinding it out and playing boring footy to get the win.

I am REALLY looking for Hokko and Reynolds to step up and take control over the next month. This is a great opportunity for them.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
i'll be hibernating from watching the NRL for the next 4 weeks while i calm down

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Mate I think we have probably the best depth (esp in our forwards) to get 4/4 to be honest. On top of that the boys coming up will be wanting to prove they have what it takes to be in this team and they will be wanting to win every game for the boys that have been Fked over by the NRL and for the us the fans!

Come on Dogs! Fire up!

KimboSlice

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Realistically - I would be over the moon with 2 wins from the next 4, but we are capable of winning all 4...

Pretty sure Graham is 4 weeks out.. so he may miss the cowboys game...

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Happy with 2 from 4.

We're vulnerable to Tigers and Cowboys.
Losing Bmoz means minus 4-8 points in attack.

If we allow three try leads in any of the next four games, we're gonna struggle to play catch-up.

Need to score early and defend our a-holes off.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate our game is built around our forwards.. We just lost our biggest 2 and our inspirational leader. We also lost 2 of our main strike weapons in Bmoz and lafai.
We dominate other teams up front and our points roll over from there.

It's going to be a very tough period.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Graham will be out for the cowboys.
I think we have a good shot at winning all 4 games regardless, as long as we dont suffer any more losses (injuries/suspensions) to the side.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
is that now 16 weeks Graham has been suspended and we're only 6 weeks in to his 3rd year

KimboSlice

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Malla

Reaction score
Our back-row and halves are in tact, so I am going to assume our game plan over the next month will be largely built on their influence.

Malla

Reaction score
The dragons have been amazing in defence, they're looking good there, so with Bmoz out, its gonna be a tough game.. i read that "the dragons have allowed only 6 points in their last 200 minutes of football" (source:http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-match-report/beau-scott-injured-as-st-george-illawarras-defence-ends-newcastles-winning-ways-20150404-1mencm.html)

Hopefully we get 4/4, but id be happy with 2/4 :grinning:
They haven't played quality opposition at all. Knights are a horrendous team, and were only made to look good with a favorable draw.

KimboSlice

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our back-row and halves are in tact, so I am going to assume our game plan over the next month will be largely built on their influence.
halves in tact... i like that this controversy has allowed the kennel to focus on something besides the Mbye/Reynolds/Hodko halves debacle!!

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 of the 6 in the back row... and the 2 we lost are 2 of the best. It's far from being "intact"

KimboSlice

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They haven't played quality opposition at all. Knights are a horrendous team, and were only made to look good with a favorable draw.
If they weren't playing half decent, they wouldn't have that sort of defensive record..

Regardless of the opposition, the competition is still strong, they're defending well

Malla

Reaction score
2 of the 6 in the back row... and the 2 we lost are 2 of the best. It's far from being "intact"
We haven't lost anybody from our back row.

Jackson, Williams and Eastwood starting with Pritchard off the bench - as it has been all year.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Mate our game is built around our forwards.. We just lost our biggest 2 and our inspirational leader. We also lost 2 of our main strike weapons in Bmoz and lafai.
We dominate other teams up front and our points roll over from there.

It's going to be a very tough period.
I got faith in the back-up forward stocks we have. Lloyd Perrett, Browne, Kafusi, etc ... I'm sure they'll chip in OK, and continue our roll forward. I quietly suspect our boy Eastwood will to go to another level in Graham's absence.

But Bmoz ... from the brief glimpse we've had, he's been the missing link since Barba.
Hoping he comes back primed and gives us momentum into September.

Status
Not open for further replies.