The New NRL?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never seen so many lob sided score lines in one season and we’re only in round 10. What happened to the good old contest?
I love you Brother, and I totally agree with you that the game has gone to crap..
The only way I see real change is for some person or group to come along, throw out all the current RL rules and develop a completely new game, which I know for a fact that it has been done, and it was not done by some who was directly involved with the game. It was done by someone straight out of left field. As I've said many times no one has a monopoly on brains.
All that is needed then is for some entrepreneur to back it, I'd be very confident that another media network would pick it up and run with it.
I believe that most if not all of the current problems stem from the fact that CH9 and News Ltd run the game, IMO they must not have any involvement if the concept is to succeed.
A much better Rugby type game has already been developed, if anyone is interested.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The way they change it so much lately i think nrl now stands for New Rules League

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Never seen so many lob sided score lines in one season and we’re only in round 10. What happened to the good old contest?
Yes I totally agree! and I Predict the grand final that’s suppose to be the most exciting game of the year having a score line of somewhere like 40 to 6! Bring back the real footy!!

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's absolutely f**d mate.

Who the f**k is making the decisions at HQ.

The 6 again rule. The new sin binning rule. Wtf did they think will happen.

I can hardly blame the ref either. They have one shit c**t of a job trying to manage the old game, now they have all this new shit they have to try be objective on when its not possible.

I was watching the replays of last night and had to turn the tv off. Absolute joke.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They really should just ban tackling, it is how most players get injured, and it would wipe out head high shots.
I suggested max of 2 tacklers while back and refs call held straight away, not 6 seconds of wrestle, staggering up the field with guys on your back.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes I totally agree! and I Predict the grand final that’s suppose to be the most exciting game of the year having a score line of somewhere like 40 to 6! Bring back the real footy!!
Imagine 11 on 10 with sin binning and 9-1 6agains against you.

That really would be the end of Vlad if thats our GF.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Typically REACTIVE is the NRL.

The new fad regarding the "any contact with the head or neck" situation being on report and in the bin, or dismissal from the field or simply a penalty has taken the ridiculousness of the way the game is heading to a completely new level.

Some of the things put on report and penalised beggar belief and even the commentators are scratching their heads.Honestly there have been so many players on report or in the bin for ten for things that should simply garner a penalty in just the first four games of magic weekend. The game is fast becoming a shadow of itself and fans will really start to get agitated if the game continues to go in this direction.

The worst thing to happen this weekend was the head shot by Papalii and it was punished in the correct manner as it should have been. The chicken wing by Hodgson should have gotten ten in the bin but at least it was penalised and he was put on report.
The system is broken and it is nothing but a knee jerk reaction by the powers that be in an attempt to placate those who want sterner action..... but that sterner action should be reserved for things that truly deserve them not like the ridiculous call on Chad Townsend tonight which was a nonsense.
Vlandys will say that once teams realise that players will be binned for any contact to the head they will quickly change the way they play the game. it is not simply a matter of changing the way they play because a lot of the things so far this weekend have been accidental or minor, yet teams are losing players for ten and with the new rules making the game faster teams can and will be blown away in a very short time.

This new crackdown will also lead to teams really rorting the HIA system which we have seen several times already this weekend. Also what happened to the rule that if a trainer calls for play to be stopped to treat a player that that player has to leave the field for a minimum of two minutes. Several times this weekend this has happened and the said players simply have a break and then go back into the defensive line without having left the field.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only reason I watch is because of the Bulldogs.

I’ve lost interest in the sport as a whole. It’s become a joke.

Wait until they make it 12 on 12 permanently to give the illusion of the game being faster.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
V’landys hero 2020 to Zero 2021

The current version of NRL is garbage.

The six again rule was already doing my head in then magic round came along and made me question why I was watching so much footy, anyway the games garbage to watch! which led to a cancellation of my Foxtel subscription and now I feel great...voted with wallet, that’s all you do.

Still Doggies fan always...just got 7 other games of my life back