The Morris connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what to make of this pairing.
Both outstanding players but when they play together on the same side of the field i feel complacency sets in. It seems like they don't read each other well. Last year Rona as left center was paired with Brett and they looked very potent and fluent.
This year against the Warriors, Lee was paired with Brett and the result was just as effective. 2 nice tries. Josh looked good on the right side too with Montoya. He looked elusive like the Josh of old. The one where he looked like he had time ahead of the oncoming defence and could choose his options.
Maybe someone here with a good football brain can explain to me why the twins are persisted together on the left.
Even Laurie Daley splits them for NSW. Albeit Jennings plays better as a left centre , Josh is still good enough to play right.

Hôt-dawg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think they're impersonating one another

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The more worrying thing is over 1 million dollars of our cap will be chewed away by them next year.....

And we have re-signed both the people responsible for that type of money for 2 wingers (Hasler and castles).

There was an article in the paper today talking about how most of the deals are back ended (hopefully it's just paper dribble). If in fact this team is back ended and we have no money left to get new players that will do me.

We have lost barba, hodkinson, Pritchard, finucane, Rona, lafai, Keating, ennis, perretts, inu (lost more fringe first graders too but that's just the main list). Ok not all of them where 500k players. But more or less we never replacement them with people of note. If anything when we couldn't get a new fullback we should have front loaded people so we pay more up front and have more money to play with down the line.

If the article is correct (I really do hope it's made up like everything else in the papers these days), and we not only shed a few million in wages and never replaced them with people of the same level, but if instead of front loading contracts when we had a budget surplus, 4 years on we have back ended contracts, then the club, management and the coach are more fucked then I ever thought.

Malla

Reaction score
They are well passed what they were 3 years ago. BMoz was a complete fuck up given we brought him over as a fullback and he hasnt been able to play a couple of weeks without getting injured lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.