News The Mole: 'Massive' rival offer poised to lure $800k Bulldogs star away from Belmore

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was so keen on Luke. Very impressive highlights package and to be fair we saw a bit of that here with us. But suspensions (some of which were dodgy), injuries, family matters all took 5heir toll on his effectiveness as an elite player on elite money.

If he is a fair dinkum bloke he will offer to sign a $400k extension for 1 year and see how that pans out (if Gus thinks he's worth having). If he re-sets his successful career with us next year and wants to stay in Oz like JG then he will be considered a valuable team player.

If not and the money offered in SL is $800k then good luck to him. Will keenly follow his progress in Kayo SL coverage....
I was going to say very similar to this ..

First champion that signed even though we were at our lowest, gave us a little bit of hope at a bad time.

I like the bloke, think he’s got a lot more than what we’ve seen, some dodgy shit, concussions suspensions etc. just bad luck really, but mostly I don’t feel he’s been played right, he’s never been an alpha prop, with his leg speed, his skills should have been used capitalising on the metres that props make, but look at the coaches half’s and props he’s had to work with over the years, namely F***** Napa Lewis and Co.…

Luke, take the $800k … Gus, throw $500k @ Trindall & get the spotters out there & use the other $300k or so to steal for us the next up and coming Hass, NAS or JWH from the competitions lower grades ..

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Never really got to see the best of Luke, same thing happened to Foran who left to play on
This much is true, a combination of being unlucky and sheer stupidity has seen him miss far too many games and we only saw glimpses of his value. A failed experiment, but now its time to use his money very wisely.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just hope the club spends it well and not on duds.

Its sad that Im looking forward to seeing the backs of some players and we are 7 rounds into the season.
It's the crap purchases made by the previous coach and administration

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
$800k for Thompson & $500k for Flanagan in cap saving by the end of the year. $1.3m in cap money to buy a good prop and a halfback.
The problem being, there aren't any good halves available

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly

Will fucking piss me off if he kills it over there and stays injury and suspension free.
Just like Foran when he returned to manly, I’ve learnt to move on because it doesn’t change the result for us.

It's the crap purchases made by the previous coach and administration
Hope we done with these stupid signings.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are in danger of losing star Englishman Luke Thompson for next season.

Thompson has been sorely missed by the club in the early rounds, sidelined with a serious foot injury suffered at training in February.

But the 27-year-old remains a key figure at Belmore and is expected to be back on the park in a month or so.

Thompson comes off contract at the end of the season and has received a massive four-year deal from the rich Wigan club.

It's money the Bulldogs can't match - despite Thompson's current contract being worth $800,000 a season - so ultimately it will come down to whether he wants to stay in Australia for the lifestyle or return home to take up a deal that will secure his future long-term.

Complicating the situation is that Thompson has two managers - one in the UK and one in Sydney.
Fantastic news! Can we please get a half now. Sam Walker would do for a while

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just like Foran when he returned to manly, I’ve learnt to move on because it doesn’t change the result for us.

Hope we done with these stupid signings.
They aren't really stupid signings, we have just had bad luck with them

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Oh no please don’t leave us tommy please what will we do without you

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Quite disappointed his time with us has been cut drastically short through injury as on his day he's shown what he has potential to do, he just never showed it enough to justify the price tag

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s been ok with us. Bench forward at best. Nowhere near worth $800k
Back to the old dart I guess.
We should all chip in for the Uber ride to the airport.