News The Mole: How a $3 ice cream sealed $1.5 million mega deal for Australian Schoolboys star

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Oh that's a bit disappointing with Mounties. I am glad we are back to having a Canterbury side, but I liked the idea of basically having 2 NSW cup sides. That's 6 players then for 4 spots. I am guessing KO might start off in Ball then? Hayward from the chatter on here seems to be getting lower and lower on the pecking order. BBO obviously also out till June opens up a spot.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Broncos granted him permission to negotiate and meet with other teams
Gus meet him in Toowoomba before it was official to meet other teams. When it was official, he already agreed to sign with the Bulldogs.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
TLDNR: Oloapu signed because Ciraldo took him for ice cream. yeah, this kid's definitely mature enough to steer our team around lol

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TLDNR: Oloapu signed because Ciraldo took him for ice cream. yeah, this kid's definitely mature enough to steer our team around lol
Didn’t mention the happy ending in the article anywhere … why?

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We now have KO, BBO, Rajab and Hayward as back up halves. Most can still play flegg and we can give Mounties up to 7 players so all should get a good crack this year. Will be interesting to see who steps up.
Isn't Reynolds in the mix too?

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kids don’t want chicken sandwiches they want ice cream. Easy!

Reactions: obe

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
i bought a drumstick last week and it was $5. i didn't know there was no inflation in belmore.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Someone PLEASE explain to me where you can pick up an ice cream for $3?

Messina Gelato - 1 scoop $6.50
Cornetto at Service Station - $5

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We now have KO, BBO, Rajab and Hayward as back up halves. Most can still play flegg and we can give Mounties up to 7 players so all should get a good crack this year. Will be interesting to see who steps up.
Watched these boys closely at training today... The biggest worry for us now is that we are definitely going to lose one, ,maybe 2 if we dont play our cards right.

Karl is absolutely beast of a kid.. his tackling technique and hits aren't normal for a young half along with his sleek footwork and his kicking game is mint. Was cute watching the kid like it was his first day at school.

Rajab is also a gem.. best kick in the team and really hope he gets a genuine opportunity in the coming years because the kids definitely a gooden.

Papali'i... damn this kid is a freak. Loud, attitude, strong, tough, quick, kicks, runs and can play in the halves... I didnt like the Crighton signing and this kid is the reason why. If anybody is going to send Crighton back to the centres its Joash and he aint far off first grade tbh.

Hayward.. Next cat off the rank when Flanno fails. Most level headed of the bunch and a solid general HB. Ready for 1st grade...

BBO... Feel sorry for this kid, he aint far off rather obvious he has slipped down the pecking order... Will be hard for him to climb the ladder again espescially now he has so much more competition around him.

Never know we could look like this in a few years...

Papali'i
Kiraz
Crighton
Alamoti
JAC
Rajab
KO
King
Mahoney
Patolo
Kikz
Preston
Burton

Topine
Lenui
Pele
Tanner

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Were the rest of the boys responding to him?
Ofcourse! One cannot explain well enough how good the team atmosphere and bondage is atm unless they see it for themselves.

They're all mates, helping eachother, cheering together, pushing eachother and completing one another whilst having a massive laugh. Its unlike anything i have ever seen tbh... You could just see how happy KO was to be at Belmore. You can also see he can wait to slip into gear.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Little things like that make a huge difference more and more I’m liking CC,hopefully it translates onto the field and the players fire
Yes indeed the little things are important. Same as when CC went to Fiji with Kikau for family funeral. Reputation / respect enhancing for CC & Club.
Lol, oh Karl……just a young boy really. Ice cream does the job? I hope this story does not repeat. I do wonder what CC said to him to seal the deal over the Drumstick walkies?