News The Mole: Bulldogs meeting to decide Josh Addo-Carr's future after 'dramatic' week

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It seems like a pile on orchestrated by the establishment conversative media owners shaping their agendas and public opinion as they've always done...stray off their agenda of goodies versus baddies, or you belong to the current baddie team/group then you pay the price and suffer the bad press.

If he'd said Israel were the goodies, Palestine/Gaza/Hamas the baddies he would probably be celebrated with a favourable front page spread. If he said Aborigines didn't suffer any adverse effects of colonisation he'd be up for an Order of Australia.

One message it does send is keep your beliefs to yourself no matter your convictions or lived experience if you are in the public eye and part of the baddie team/group bc you get a ton of bricks thrown at you worse than that of Nazi groups protesting in our streets.

Aborigines and Muslims ...the 2 worst baddies in Australia (of the right wing media)...what a combo sheet storm he walked into. The way it is.

Having said that, the other issue is his apparent unsettled attitude of late. But remember most of what we have to go on with that is what the press and "this masthead" gossip hound gutter league journos have told us or manipulated.

Hope there's nothing like this perceived controversy with Fox even remotely true.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bit torn on this one. The concern we had when he signed was how he’d go off the field. Known issues before he went to Melbourne. The concern was always who he would surround himself with off the field and if he’d slip into old habits. Everyone loves the fox. Young kids love him. He’s an excitement machine.

Then the other side of it is he had an inconsistent season, off the back of coming back too early from his ankle injury to play origin. His defence has been shithouse. At least he is a winger and we have good wingers waiting in the wings (Wilson, Skelton). But if they do release him the club needs to be smart and get a player in return that we need.

In saying that I personally think he’s been unfairly hammered in the media. I think he stays. If we had a good year none of these rumours start. Winning shuts everyone up. And we need to start winning.
This.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I reckon there’s obvious truth to this one. Weidler had a story about the club having some issues with him didn’t he? That story doesn’t see the light of day without Gus giving the nod.

I don’t really have an issue with his social media post but I think the main issue is he flat out lied to the club about the Koori knockout incident. Gus came out and supported him only for video to come out showing what really went down. Made the club look foolish and shows a bit of a lack of respect. Simple as that. It’s prob one in a string of incidents.

As a fan I went him to stay but I also can’t pretend he didn’t have some absolute shockers this season. Defensively and also schoolboy disciplinary errors that shouldn’t happen for a senior player. But I love him as a character and on form he’s still one of the best wingers in the comp.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So JAC is "anti-semetic" because he supports Palestinians and is going to get sacked?
I don't think anyone was seeing him as being anti semitic because he supports Palestine.

They saw him linking the conflict in the Middle East with Indigenous land rights.

Edit: Typo

Last edited:

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who the fuck are you talking to ? I’d like to see you talk shit to my face
I have deleted my post. It was meant to mean that I thought that JAC shouldn't have had to apologize for his post. I know that it is difficult when you have a public profile and your employer has a stake in what you post online, but I still don't think that JAC should have had to apologize for his post. There is a lot more that needs to be done here in Australia to address the situation faced by indigenous people and the whole situation in the Middle East should have been fixed many years ago to at least give the Palestinian people a decent go in life. His post was topical but no way was it offensive, especially compared to all the other crap that gets posted online. Anyway, this is me genuinely apologizing for being too provocative with my post which I didn't intend to mean that JAC was weak or owned by anyone. I think we saw a weekend or 2 ago that he was not the sort of guy to be osned by anyone. If there are any issues between JAC and the club I hope they get worked out ASAP so that everyone can relex and get back into it in November.

Last edited:

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So he punches someone in the face at what is essentially a Community event, runs before the cops get there, then gets upset at the club for not supporting him? Did he want Phil Gould to jump into the fight and throw some hands? He's more upset with the media for reporting he got knocked out than anything.

This shit only happens in NRL, the dumbest professional athletes in the world.

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I trust the board will do the right thing :unamused:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't think anyone was seeing him as being anti semitic because he supports Palestine.

They saw him linking the conflict in the Middle East with Indigenous land rights.

But that's how it's seen, if you care about innocent Palestinians then automatically you're anti-semetic.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If bulldogs fire him for also backing Palestine then they will lose fans cause dogs are literally the most Islamic followed team. He tries his best every game id hate to lose him

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully not he’s been through the shit and being paid and with critta and xerri coming he knows his backline is about to be one of the better and with Gus and $ available I have no doubt we are moving right direction.

Not like bunnies can afford him. Dunno how they fucking kept Keaon
Russell Crowe

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Well not to add to this "land rights" stuff but Assyrians (the indigenous of the Mid East) have suffered and continue suffering in the Middle East.

Australian aboriginals have it sweet here in Australia. They should count their blessings.

Status
Not open for further replies.