News The Mole: Bulldogs facing 'huge decision' over 'rusty' recruit Bronson Xerri

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thought he was taking peds to shorten the length of his injury not for performance enhancement. Unlike Hoppa who used his magic underpants to fend off grown men like a demolition derby
I don't think it's safe for me to say what I want to say on this matter so I won't say anything else.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hoppa was actually good on his return though? I think he was slightly overrated when he left, was never electric but was smart positionally and had great hands. Towards the end with us he was one of our best (Sunday business aside). Was probably on par with a Sam Perrett minus the longevity.

Bronson is obviously more physically gifted, poor comparison either way imo.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I don't think it's safe for me to say what I want to say on this matter so I won't say anything else.
Tested negative before and after the November positive test. The + came after he had two shoulder surgeries in Oct and Sept aswell the dozen or so neg tests he had throughout his nrl career. You are also subject to anti doping as you come through the grades she passed those too.
I know you're butthurt about Avedildo but holding a grudge against a superior human being ain't it bro

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tested negative before and after the November positive test. The + came after he had two shoulder surgeries in Oct and Sept aswell the dozen or so neg tests he had throughout his nrl career. You are also subject to anti doping as you come through the grades she passed those too.
I know you're butthurt about Avedildo but holding a grudge against a superior human being ain't it bro
Unlike you to believe something like this.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Seriously?? 400-500k in today's game?? Fucking lol. If Xerri was playing the last 4 years he would be a rep centre earning 700-800k.
OK then I even underestimated his worth and we could have struck gold at such a bargin. I would expect we paid something like maybe 200 or 300k for him now.

I was basing my estimate on someone like Best or Bird who started around the same time or even Xerri's centre partner Jesse Ramien whose last contract was worth 500k a season.

From memory I think an 800k centre would be someone like Val Holmes or even Critta himself. But Xewrri certainly had the talent and was destined for big things. He's fast and strong and eager to make up for the past so he could be a bargain and commanding big dollars. If he shows good signs we should be locking him up for long term.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
OK then I even underestimated his worth and we could have struck gold at such a bargin. I would expect we paid something like maybe 200 or 300k for him now.

I was basing my estimate on someone like Best or Bird who started around the same time or even Xerri's centre partner Jesse Ramien whose last contract was worth 500k a season.

From memory I think an 800k centre would be someone like Val Holmes or even Critta himself. But Xewrri certainly had the talent and was destined for big things. He's fast and strong and eager to make up for the past so he could be a bargain and commanding big dollars. If he shows good signs we should be locking him up for long term.
Thats the thing though, Best just re-signed for 700k plus. The value of any given contract has increased a great deal since Xerri last played.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Thats the thing though, Best just re-signed for 700k plus. The value of any given contract has increased a great deal since Xerri last played.
Xerri could be as good as or even better than Best.
Much more fun talking about Xerri and what round he starts, and other signings like Curran and Crichton, than throwing the remote at Flanagan on the TV every week. Or Waddell. Or TPJ.
OK, I'll stop there.
Hopefully my hair stops falling out this season because I don't have enough to spare any more.
It's already bad enough the Bulldogs turning my hair grey.
Every time my wife sees me naked she says 'hey, it's Cruella de Vil'.
Although to be fair, that did start happening when Tolman was playing.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Much more fun talking about Xerri and what round he starts, and other signings like Curran and Crichton, than throwing the remote at Flanagan on the TV every week. Or Waddell. Or TPJ.
OK, I'll stop there.
I'm not allowed the remote when Bulldogs games are on.

Always a Bulldog

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
OK, I'll stop there.
Hopefully my hair stops falling out this season because I don't have enough to spare any more.
Im hoping to avoid that this year myself. I actually started watching games on demand after about half way through last year. This way I could check the score and have a better idea of whether we were a chance or not before i got emotionally involved.
I think we will improve this year, regardless of the state of our front row. Hopefully Ciraldo shows us what he is capable of as a coach too.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He'll be tested in the Sharks game for sure. He will be marking either Talakai or Ramien, we will know exactly where he is at after that
If you make Ramien do a lot of defence, he will invariably give away penalties.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
OK, I'll stop there.
I'm not allowed the remote when Bulldogs games are on.

Always a Bulldog
That's why dad and I don't tune into dogs' games at home. It ensures that we don't break our TV by throwing the remote at it. [emoji23][emoji23] If we win, we simply watch the replay.