News The Mole: Bulldogs facing 'huge decision' over 'rusty' recruit Bronson Xerri

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just wanna clarify I think he will be fine but I’m just saying he won’t be ready straight out the gate
People have to be patient
Give him 6 weeks playing week to week
maybe, maybe not. If Critta or Tracey are playing fullback with the other playing centre then Xeri almost certainly is the other centre. Ready or not, he is miles ahead of anybody else in the team.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously?? 400-500k in today's game?? Fucking lol. If Xerri was playing the last 4 years he would be a rep centre earning 700-800k.
Lol you're correct imo, i read he knocked back 500k before the shit hit the fan in late 2019!

Idk why he can't hit the ground running myself, we will know fairly soon I suppose.

Also IF Critta gets one centre spot who else is getting the other?

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe, maybe not. If Critta or Tracey are playing fullback with the other playing centre then Xeri almost certainly is the other centre. Ready or not, he is miles ahead of anybody else in the team.
I think people are really under estimated how tough first grade footy is lol

sam snee

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah he’s like a thoroughbred ripped and ready to be unleashed crucial we get the timing right wen he comes back it’s why I say Tracey@3 and Taff @1 to start the year and see how they go one thing I do know now is Gus and cc have a gun backline with plenty of points in them our middle however arrrrrgggggg need 2 to step up from within or we in trouble

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol you're correct imo, i read he knocked back 500k before the shit hit the fan in late 2019!

Idk why he can't hit the ground running myself, we will know fairly soon I suppose.

Also IF Critta gets one centre spot who else is getting the other?
Because he's a drug cheat that hasn't played professionally in 4 years. Elite sport is hard and it's a long season so I don't understand how people think he's going to slot straight in and handle the grind like he never left lol.

Kiraz and Critta centre, Tracey fullback and Fox and Wilson wings. Seems pretty straight forward imo. See where things are at later down the track and make changes if required.

Ultimately the final say should come from the blokes with degrees. Unfortunately they didn't seem to do a very good job last season so hopefully they've made the necessary adjustments for this season and make the right calls more often than not.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most people consider Cronulla will finish in the 8, Parramatta about 50/50, so it would seem to me that they are pretty decent teams to trial against.

I alway find it strange that all so often on here it is said that NSW Cup is miles below NRL standard and just because a players goes OK there doesn't mean that they will be any good in NRL. Yet some think that testing a player's ability to handle "physical demands" can be done in a NSW Cup game, very strange.

If I wanted to test out a player's ability to withstand the physical demands of an NRL game then I would have them play every minute of an NRL trial, that's a better indication than a NSW Cup Game. If there is any doubt then do it again for the second trial, if they can play every minute of that game then that's far better testing than a couple of New Cup games.

Time will tell, so far Xerri has ticked every box that the coaching staff has thrown at him, if they decide he is ready for Round 1 then so be it.

Always a Bulldog
Agree about NSW Cup holding little importance on the riggers of NRL.

If it’s a young bloke coming up from Flegg, where they have been playing against their own age group. Is where Cup is useful in development, playing against Men as a stepping stone is definitely useful.

Getting a player who is a bit down on form to gain some confidence is also a good use for Cup.

Playing Xerri in Cup would mean the coaching staff don’t see him in the best 13. I don’t think playing him in cup is the way to bring him up to speed in the NRL.

NSW Cup is still a big step back from where the NRL was four years ago when Xerri last played.

Xerri and anyone else in the uncertain category should be playing big minutes in the trials. Go from there. I personally would love to see him in the team from round 1.

I’m confident if he gets a decent run and stays fit he will be our biggest signing.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Xerri was always starting in NSW Cup - he expected it and is looking forward to being eased in. I do not get how they angle an article in such a stupid way.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Faaaark Debbie downer get over it!
People make mistakes he's in the blue and white now so get on board.
I don't need to get over it because that's not the point I'm making. I'm saying he's now going to have to perform without the aid of peds like he previously did before his ban.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Xerri was always starting in NSW Cup - he expected it and is looking forward to being eased in. I do not get how they angle an article in such a stupid way.
I have no doubt that was the plan.

I think it comes down to how good he’s looking in games training and also trials.

We know Jac has a wing.
We know Critta is either centre or fullback. I’m guessing centre.
We know Kiraz starts. Be it wing or center…
Does Tracey claim fullback? Taafe? If Tracey does taafe won’t feature originally. If taafe does claim fullback Tracey could be the other centre with kiraz wing.
Does Wilson demand a wing spot and force kiraz to centre?
Does xerri demand centre and lock Jac, Critta, xerri, Kiraz?

Trials will answer this.

Thank fuck for some depth! Though after last year I really hope we get kissed on the arse with healthy run and see how we go.

Edge of Jac, Critta, kikau? Wow.
Kiraz, xerri, Preston? Damn!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I have no doubt that was the plan.

I think it comes down to how good he’s looking in games training and also trials.

We know Jac has a wing.
We know Critta is either centre or fullback. I’m guessing centre.
We know Kiraz starts. Be it wing or center…
Does Tracey claim fullback? Taafe? If Tracey does taafe won’t feature originally. If taafe does claim fullback Tracey could be the other centre with kiraz wing.
Does Wilson demand a wing spot and force kiraz to centre?
Does xerri demand centre and lock Jac, Critta, xerri, Kiraz?

Trials will answer this.

Thank fuck for some depth! Though after last year I really hope we get kissed on the arse with healthy run and see how we go.

Edge of Jac, Critta, kikau? Wow.
Kiraz, xerri, Preston? Damn!
At this stage they are all training in different positions dog
Ill DM you when i have more definitive information

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I still think Xeri was as good if not better than any outside back in our team. And if he shows similar ability in the trials it would be stupid not to start him.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it’s a completely different level but was Xerri still playing aus tag or anything like that to keep his mind in play ?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I don't need to get over it because that's not the point I'm making. I'm saying he's now going to have to perform without the aid of peds like he previously did before his ban.
Thought he was taking peds to shorten the length of his injury not for performance enhancement. Unlike Hoppa who used his magic underpants to fend off grown men like a demolition derby