News The Matty Johns Podcast: Comments from Kent and Johns

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think only Foran could make a first grade team anywhere else.. just..
The rest are good fringe first graders & would struggle elsewhere to get a start..
If he went To a team like the storm he would carve it up, we need a game breaker I feel sorry for Jackson such a proud club player

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On the team:

Kent: "They were so poor last week and there's no explanation for why they were so poor, other than they didn't have a dig. Dean Pay's filthy with certain players. He went in ready to sack 4 or 5 players and he said, 'You know what, I'm not going to sack that many, I'm going to give them all another chance.' But they know they're on their last chance. Some of these guys are playing for their careers this week. Canterbury are in a turn over frame of mind, they've got to start moving players out and getting their roster into shape. If they don't dig in this week, some guys might really do their futures damage."

Johns: "I saw Dylan Napa come out and said, 'If I want to be liked I'll buy an ice cream truck.' Well if they get beat this week he might have to."

-----------------------------------
On Lewis:

Johns: "Difficult day for young Lachlan Lewis, but you have those.
Kent: "He needed help, he needed help...
Johns: "Yep, yep.
Kent: "He needed the bloke playing with him to take over a little bit, take ownership of the side a bit more.
Johns: "Your real bad days like that, and you have a number of them in your career, you learn a lot about yourself, and you build firewalls around your own game. What I mean is you learn to say, 'You know what, I don't do that.' When you're a young player you go out there with all these grand plans, and slowly along the way you learn the things you can and can't do."
Sack sack sack