The Mandalorian

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Alan go and watch it...
I might have to go online and get a months subscription to Disney plus. Now that the season is over I don't have to subscribe for multiple months. I'm not being cheap. I just don't watch much TV. And binge watching a show is highly preferable to me.

Anything else good on Disney plus?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Best shit ever. I wish the movies were planned out like this show.

It's such a good show. Planning to watch the season finale sometime tomorrow.

This and Star Trek Discovery and my two current favourite shows.
I am just started season 2. I like the show but sometimes things are way too easily fixed...

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I might have to go online and get a months subscription to Disney plus. Now that the season is over I don't have to subscribe for multiple months. I'm not being cheap. I just don't watch much TV. And binge watching a show is highly preferable to me.

I do the same..it ain’t being cheap, it’s being smart, as Disney+ hasn’t got much really.. Of note they have all the Star Wars movies and Avengers..plus all the Simpsons episodes..although the Michael Jackson one has been omitted.. I guess it’s good for kids as they have all those ‘classic cartoon’ movies, like Snowwhite and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio, Frozen.. However, the Mandalorian is far and away its biggest asset. To note too, the actual Mandalorion episodes are not that long..perfect for binge watching. :grinning:

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I do the same..it ain’t being cheap, it’s being smart, as Disney+ hasn’t got much really.. Of note they have all the Star Wars movies and Avengers..plus all the Simpsons episodes..although the Michael Jackson one has been omitted.. I guess it’s good for kids as they have all those ‘classic cartoon’ movies, like Snowwhite and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio, Frozen.. However, the Mandalorian is far and away its biggest asset. To note too, the actual Mandalorion episodes are not that long..perfect for binge watching. :grinning:
That should give me good value for a month. Haven't seen most of the Avengers movies. But I wouldn't want to buy them either. So this is a good compromise.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Nothing right now. There's a whole bunch of new shows coming sometime next year, but right now it's just old episodes of Simpson's, Clone Wars, marvel and Star Wars movies everyone has seen and some other children's stuff.

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That should give me good value for a month. Haven't seen most of the Avengers movies. But I wouldn't want to buy them either. So this is a good compromise.
It’s good value..roughly just under 29 cents a day..Enjoy!

Reaction score
Great ending Hacky..it does something the the new trilogy failed to do.. That’s enough from me, don’t want to spoil it for people who haven’t watched it.
i binge watched the whole season last night, without hearing any spoilers or plots.
it's been my first step back into star wars. i was a massive star wars fan but episode 9 made me hate star wars.
episode 9 is just all kinds of stupid and probably one of the worst movies in cinematic history on the back of the writing and directing alone.
this has restored things alot, if only the people behind the mandalorian were given the movies

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i binge watched the whole season last night, without hearing any spoilers or plots.
it's been my first step back into star wars. i was a massive star wars fan but episode 9 made me hate star wars.
episode 9 is just all kinds of stupid and probably one of the worst movies in cinematic history on the back of the writing and directing alone.
this has restored things alot, if only the people behind the mandalorian were given the movies
Yep..the Mandalorian creators are true fans of Star Wars, and it shows, with the quality of the series. The newest trilogy suffered from not really having a clear direction, hence Episode 9 and it’s muddled plot, trying to tie up loose ends. I blame JJ Adams for that, he has a tendency to leave unanswered questions, like how Luke’s lightsaber was found. Sure it was answered in some comic book, but how many people read them unless they are a devoted fan? However, the Mandalorian had a clear vision of what it wanted to achieve, where it wanted to go, as such it’s a satisfying series to watch.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a brilliant ending to season 2. I loved it. Favreau hits a home run with this series, the not so subtle digs at the canon, the new characters, really good story arc and production values all top notch. Can't wait for Book of Bobba Fett. I'm keen for Mando S3 but have a sinking feeling it's gunna drag on without the Grogu and Djarin dynamic. There's an Obi Wan series coming out with Hayden "Concrete" Christensen reprising his role as Darth Vader, I just hope he has to wear the suit all the time.

I'll give Disney it's due, it's giving some creative people access to the universe and producing good stuff were as Lucas just kept yucking it up.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cried because the second series finally showed us the reason why Fett was the most feared Bounty Hunter in the Universe..he was brutal..it also showed us the power of a character in the finale..and you know whom I’m talking about..which has never really been shown elsewhere like this..powerful indeed!
My son and I were watching it together and he said to me as mate was cutting a swath through the mechs, "whoever that Jedi is they are in touch with the force". He removes this hood we looked at each and roar laughing.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My son and I were watching it together and he said to me as mate was cutting a swath through the mechs, "whoever that Jedi is they are in touch with the force". He removes this hood we looked at each and roar laughing.
Brilliant..!!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Mandalorian something Disney has done right!
Although they cannot help themselves and have to throw in their powerful whamen moments!

But it works well now as they’ve developed a bit of character backstory.
They’re even borrowing ideas from the expanded universe and reformatting it for their shows.

Just think? If they did this for the movies they wouldn’t of lost a heap of loyal fans?

I think truth is, Hollywood is dead, has been for a long time.
Probably best they just stick to streaming services now.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bought Disney plus and watched season 2 last week. Still enjoy the show. But I foresaw an important event in the final episode along the way. I'd hazard a guess that I know where at least one plotline will go for season 3.

I don't think I'll need a second month of subscription to disney+ though. Just about through the Marvel stuff I hadn't seen. Pretty much enough to be noticing plot holes. Watched a few of the documentaries, but not much in that list is grabbing my attention. I might have to google what kids movies are worth watching for adults. But

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Episode 8 was worse than 9 dude.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The Mandalorian is a very good show and very interesting that it is based five years after Return of the Jedi took place. For loyal fans of the Star Wars universe it can be quite predictable but still a good watch nonetheless. They have kept traditional story lines relatively inline with old school Star Wars mythology with the exception of the Mandalorian creed itself and I find the level of inclusiveness annoying at times as it is inline with todays ideologies and political correctness rather than Lucas’ original mythology ( very typical of Disney to include plenty of femme fatales as lead superhero’s ) for example: Back in the Old Republic era many years before The Phantom menace took place it was strictly forbidden that females were to serve on Mandalore ie the female Mandalorian Bo-Katan Kryze mentioning in season 2 chapter 3 The Heiress that she wants to reclaim Mandalore and become head Mandalore, so Favreau has ignored this important fact which detracts from the mythology being pure and factual, this modern day ideology has become so prevalent since the current Star Wars movies were made starting with Star Wars 7 The Force Awakens and has no place in this fictional series, they absolutely ruined the last three movies with political correctness and if Favreau keeps letting Disney interfere with there ideological thinking then I’m afraid they will ruin the Mandalorian series also.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The Mandalorian is a very good show and very interesting that it is based five years after Return of the Jedi took place. For loyal fans of the Star Wars universe it can be quite predictable but still a good watch nonetheless. They have kept traditional story lines relatively inline with old school Star Wars mythology with the exception of the Mandalorian creed itself and I find the level of inclusiveness annoying at times as it is inline with todays ideologies and political correctness rather than Lucas’ original mythology ( very typical of Disney to include plenty of femme fatales as lead superhero’s ) for example: Back in the Old Republic era many years before The Phantom menace took place it was strictly forbidden that females were to serve on Mandalore ie the female Mandalorian Bo-Katan Kryze mentioning in season 2 chapter 3 The Heiress that she wants to reclaim Mandalore and become head Mandalore, so Favreau has ignored this important fact which detracts from the mythology being pure and factual, this modern day ideology has become so prevalent since the current Star Wars movies were made starting with Star Wars 7 The Force Awakens and has no place in this fictional series, they absolutely ruined the last three movies with political correctness and if Favreau keeps letting Disney interfere with there ideological thinking then I’m afraid they will ruin the Mandalorian series also.
Well actually prior to Disney purchasing the Star Wars cannon in 2012, female Mandalorian
Warriors existed..Mandalorian warrior Vhonte Tervho.She turned up in Star Wars cannon in 2006..which is approved
Lucas.. She came around the end of the Old Republic..Was recruited by Jango Fett to train the clones. Also to a lesser extent characters like Sabine Wren.. there are others as well..So perhaps Favreau was just going from that, and that is why he used female Mandalorians..not because of Disney Pressure, (although that certainly could be the case) but because of previous cannon prior to Disney ownership. However, I do totally agree that the films Disney have made have been, apart from the story, spoilt by tokenism..

Last edited:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I like the way they brought back Boba Fett and Luke Skywalker.
Can’t wait to see Boba Fetts show and glad they fixed up Luke to be an actual Jedi and not some hermit old pussy drinking walrus milk!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I like the way they brought back Boba Fett and Luke Skywalker.
Can’t wait to see Boba Fetts show and glad they fixed up Luke to be an actual Jedi and not some hermit old pussy drinking walrus milk!
Showed why Fett was the most feared Bouty Hunter in the galaxy..and finally finally they showed the Jedi power of Luke..and why he was the greatest Jedi of all..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Showed why Fett was the most feared Bouty Hunter in the galaxy..and finally finally they showed the Jedi power of Luke..and why he was the greatest Jedi of all..
Only confusing thing is I thought Luke was a force ghost at this point in time. Might just be my lack of understanding of the time this is set in.