Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Quick shout out to Ashley Young for his performances in recent weeks, came on for when Shaw picked up his ankle injury against Arsenal and impressed ever since considering the fact he isn't by any means a left back but he's getting the job done

Copped his fair share of flack but credit is given where credit is due and I thought personally he was great today against Stoke, got into dangerous attacking areas but just lacked that quality final ball, something to improve on but other then that, van Gaal putting trust into players like Fellaini and Young is really starting to pay off
yeh he cant cross with his left... same problem as Valencia...
but lost count on how many times Young skinned defenders today...he was brilliant...and that save off the line topped off the night...my MOM tbh

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will definitely be sinking some tonight and saluting the boys while watching the game again [emoji106][emoji106] ... Special mention to Herrera, I love what he adds to the team

Ricky Stuart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Young has been really good the last couple of weeks compared to past seasons, and i can't wait to be at the Man Utd vs Liverpool game in under 2 weeks, Go you mighty devils

Billy Bean

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gee we made that a lot harder than it should of been.

Southampton game has added spice as apparently LVG and Koeman are not on good terms.

Hopping Rafael and Shaw are fit as i think they will improve the team significantly.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Young has been really good the last couple of weeks compared to past seasons, and i can't wait to be at the Man Utd vs Liverpool game in under 2 weeks, Go you mighty devils
mad jealous - take some pics and videos and upload them for us !

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Not so long ago journalists and match commentators were laughing at Louis van Gaal when he said it's still possible to catch up to Chelsea as they'll have hiccups throughout the season and drop points

We'll motherf*ckers, Chelsea last match drew 0-0 against Sunderland and just now lost 2-1 to Newcastle

Anything is still possible as long as we continue to pick up the maximum amount of points in this busy December period

p.s. still expecting Chelsea to lift the Premier League trophy come the end of the season, just making a point about the shit van Gaal has to deal with in England about how they will try and run a story as soon as he opens his mouth and the press/football critics mock him for it

Ricky Stuart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My eyes will be on Van Gaal and Ronald Koeman in our next game against Southampton, they had a feud when they were players and also when Koeman took over Ajax, Van Gaal claimed that Koeman "was the third man in line for the job" and they haven't spoken since

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
My eyes will be on Van Gaal and Ronald Koeman in our next game against Southampton, they had a feud when they were players and also when Koeman took over Ajax, Van Gaal claimed that Koeman "was the third man in line for the job" and they haven't spoken since
Think it's a bit more than just that, van Gaal claims that Koeman masterminded his exit when he was Technical Director of Ajax during Koeman's time as manager of Ajax

Just a snippet of the feud that explains how the pair fell out
The two had clashed as players but their managerial fallout dates back to Van Gaal’s arrival at Ajax as technical director 10 years ago when Koeman was head coach at the club. Koeman objected to Van Gaal pulling up a chair in training and observing the session in the overbearing manner of a schoolmaster. In turn, Van Gaal felt Koeman was ‘weak’ in his handling of star players such as Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and blamed the coach for undermining him when he was ousted from the job a year later.​

Also, van Gaal claims that Koeman was the third man in line for the AZ Alkmaar job, not Ajax, Co Adriaanse and Dick Advocaat being the two preferences before Koeman according to van Gaal

Plus, nothing will happen between van Gaal and Koeman when the pair meet, both will shake hands before and after the game, it's not like van Gaal can swing his fists at Koeman and start a brawl or anything - absolutely nothing will happen, the papers will no doubt be wanting to see something happen so they can try and run a bullshit story as their headline

Billy Bean

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Think it's a bit more than just that, van Gaal claims that Koeman masterminded his exit when he was Technical Director of Ajax during Koeman's time as manager of Ajax

Just a snippet of the feud that explains how the pair fell out
The two had clashed as players but their managerial fallout dates back to Van Gaal’s arrival at Ajax as technical director 10 years ago when Koeman was head coach at the club. Koeman objected to Van Gaal pulling up a chair in training and observing the session in the overbearing manner of a schoolmaster. In turn, Van Gaal felt Koeman was ‘weak’ in his handling of star players such as Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and blamed the coach for undermining him when he was ousted from the job a year later.​

Also, van Gaal claims that Koeman was the third man in line for the AZ Alkmaar job, not Ajax, Co Adriaanse and Dick Advocaat being the two preferences before Koeman according to van Gaal

Plus, nothing will happen between van Gaal and Koeman when the pair meet, both will shake hands before and after the game, it's not like van Gaal can swing his fists at Koeman and start a brawl or anything - absolutely nothing will happen, the papers will no doubt be wanting to see something happen so they can try and run a bullshit story as their headline
HA HA ... I can imagine LVG pulling up a chair, taking notes.

How lucky are we to support teams coached by LVG and Des. I have a man crush on both.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Like I said, I cannot see anything happening between van Gaal and Koeman besides the pre-match and post-match handshakes

In fact, the feud between the pair seems to be a thing of the past according to Koeman after van Gaal approached him at the recent League Managers' Association dinner in Manchester to congratulate Southampton's strong start to the Premier League season - heck, the pair will share a glass of wine in Koeman's office after the match so I hope this puts to rest the feud everybody has been talking about

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/feud-louis-van-gaal-thing-4759704

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Manchester United starting XI vs. Southampton
De Gea, McNair, Smalling, Rojo, Valencia, Carrick, Fellaini, Young, Mata, Rooney (c), van Persie

Substitutions
Lindegaard, Evans, Herrera, Fletcher, Januzaj, Wilson, Falcao

Southampton starting XI vs. Manchester United
Forster, Clyne, Fonte (c), Yoshida, Bertrand, Wanyama, S. Davis, Tadić, Mané, Long, Pellè

Substitutions
K. Davis, Gardos, Mayuka, Isgrove, Reed, Targett, Hesketh

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Louis van Gaal seems to have the same approach for the Southampton match as he did for the Arsenal match, we'll be lining up in a 3-5-2 unless of course he does a last minute switch to a Diamond 4-4-2 like he did against Hull City

If it is indeed a 3-5-2 then we'll be looking to hit Southampton on the counter attack, very much a tactic used for matches played away from home so wouldn't be surprised if van Gaal does stick with the 3-5-2

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
And let the mind games begin

van Gaal was asked why he has picked 3 centrebacks by Sky Sports reporter

Replies, "I don't know, that is what you have said to me."

So will he or won't he operate with the 3-5-2? Only van Gaal knows

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Pre-match traditions are done, Koeman and van Gaal shook hands

Like I said, absolutely nothing will happen between the pair

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Kickoff and we're underway at the St Mary's Stadium

Hoping for a 5th straight win and no injuries, a win would move us up to 3rd in the Premier League table

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Louis van Gaal does indeed stick with the 3-5-2 formation, hoping for a much more fluid and solid performance from the side unlike the match against Arsenal

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Would be more than happy to take a scrappy 1 nil win right now, Southampton are a very good side despite missing a few of their key players