Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Papers reporting we have put in a 55mil bid for Di Maria!
Any truth to it sonny
As expected, once PSG pulled out of the race everybody would be linking Manchester United with di Maria.. again

So far there's a lot of talk among the papers but no actual concrete evidence to back up those claims, so no we have not put in any official bids, Cuadrado however is an actual chance of happening

Fiorentina have conceded they'll lose Cuadrado this transfer window, it's a matter of where; Manchester United or Barcelona

Unless LvG plans to switch to a 4-3-3, unlikely anytime soon since he's searching for an established centreback, di Maria isn't needed - Cuadrado is decent at back tracking so we're probably looking at our new right wingback

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Barcelona have announced the signing of Thomas Vermaelen

Broke the news 2 days ago that Barcelona sent an improved personal terms offer to Vermaelen and everything had been sorted (see original post quoted below)

Not to worry, we have deals in place and I should be able to get more info in the coming days

Thomas Vermaelen seems to be heading to Barcelona, believe they (Barca) have improved their personal terms offer and both parties have agreed to the deal

Wenger would not accept any bid in the Premier League for Vermaelen

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sonny any truth to the Marcus Rojo paper talk? Apparently we have put in a £12 million bid??

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Sonny any truth to the Marcus Rojo paper talk? Apparently we have put in a £12 million bid??
Nothing concrete at the moment, we're still searching for a centreback so we'll be linked with a few from now until the end of the transfer window

At one point Rojo went ahead and followed Manchester United and a few of our players on Instagram before quickly unfollowing them after people realised

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Hearing we've been given a deadline on the Arturo Vidal deal, Juventus want this all sorted by the 15th or the deal is off as they prepare for their season
Said the 15th was the deadline, turns out Juventus' pre-season tour ends on the 17th so my bad

Still no developments on this transfer saga

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Arturo Vidal adding fuel to the fire....

While signing jerseys, he refused to sign a Manchester City jersey but didn't refuse to sign a Manchester United jersey

Haha, he'll fit right in at Old Trafford!

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

While signing jerseys, he refused to sign a Manchester City jersey but didn't refuse to sign a Manchester United jersey

Wow!!! Gave me goosebumps!! Lol ope he signs with is bro fukkkkkkkk

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hahaha if we get him or not, he has earnt my respect

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Just come through on my twitter feed, we are getting Vidal but Juve are going to get Hernandez. Sonny can you confirm or is this BS?
The Vidal deal is practically wrapped up, Louis van Gaal just wants assurances over Vidal's long term fitness after his surgery and playing in the World Cup despite orders from doctors to sit out and rehabilitate

If Juve are interested in any of our players, it will be a separate deal and won't hinder the ongoing Vidal situation

Hernandez is headed for the exit door, unsure where he's going though, Juve have an abundance of strikers in Tevez, Llorente, Giovinco and they just signed Morata from Madrid so hard to see where Hernandez will fit in at Juve

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Also, Massimiliano Allegri is more of a 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1 type of manager

So if Hernandez heads to Juve and Allegri switches to his favoured formation, Hernandez will be stuck behind Tevez and co

More of a possibility he heads to Inter Milan but who knows

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Few days out from kickoff and still no signings?
Painful
Don't see what the fuss over signings is about, the other teams aren't exactly making moves to sign anybody at the moment

There's still plenty of time in the transfer window, trust me, we have deals in place but I won't be spilling the beans anytime soon until I get more confirmation

Arturo Vidal's agent is in England at the moment, he also manages Alexis Sanchez so he was in London watching the FA Community Shield clash, if we're serious about Vidal then the club will contact the agent and a meeting will be arranged where club + LvG can sit down and discuss the transfer

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
There's whispers that Fernando Felicevich (Vidal's agent) will meet with Manchester United officials later today

Will be looking to verify whether or not this is true, seems very likely but still need confirmation