Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
MUFC v Chelsea: De Gea; Smalling, Jones, Evans, Evra; Nani, Fletcher, Anderson, Young; Rooney, Hernandez

Subs; Lindegaard, Berbatov, Giggs, Park, Carrick, Fabio, Valencia

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At this point Arsenal had one goal and a penalty missed. So were better than Chelsea then?

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
btw phil jones and smalling will be world class in under 2 years.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theyre already better than our first choice options at the moment...

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG... Wow...

This game should've had more goals than our game at OT and that's saying something.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a game of missed sitters, should of been atleast 5 more goals in the game.

btw midfield of fletcher carrick makes me weep.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham all played already in the 1st 5 rounds. Liverpool and Man City to go in the 1st half of the season which would be the tough ones. Other than that we should be sound :grinning:

bulldawg

bulldog
Reaction score
nani's goal was a beauty, should have been at least 6 - 1, little pea is out for 2 weeks according to SAF.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great spectacle to watch if your a supporter for neither team.

I could not believe what was unfolding before me. Deadset 4 goals that should of been sitters, penalty dramas... AVB said it best. Even the best strikers in the world have bad days. I really do feel sorry for Torres. How could you not? The bloke was trying his guts out, and got in behind our line a few times, only to fail time and time again. He managed to get one back off a beautiful through ball by Anelka, but by gee. That miss is going to haunt him for a while. Schevenko part II for mine.

Aside from that, our D was terrible at times. Evans and Jones are still learning each others' games. They started to gel together towards the end of the second half, but aside from that, I think it was painfully clear to see we are missing Vids and Rio. Smalling was epic, Young looked dangerous, assisted by Evra at times down the flank. Roo, I think by his standards, had a game to forget. He tried to weave his way through traffic one to many times and lost possesion each time. Phil Jones was epic, and Nani (as much as he hates it) is reminding me more and more of Ronaldo everyday!

De Gea was a standout for mine though. Had some quality saves, including an improvised save off his feet early on which would of put us a goal down before Smallings effort. Had some good saves, and I think he took some confidence bossing around the boys at the back. On another note - Anderson is the Vatuvei off the EPL. Rocks or diamonds this bloke. Gave me 2 heart attacks early on!

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only relevant because he was mentioned, but Vatuvei isn't really rocks or diamonds anymore. He hasn't been for a while. Name his last bad game before the Broncos game.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On another note - Anderson is the Vatuvei off the EPL. Rocks or diamonds this bloke. Gave me 2 heart attacks early on!
its because he was with fletcher who was anonymous the whole game and anderson had to do everything him self.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
hopefully only for a couple more weeks and then Cleverley is back and Fletcher drops off.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Carling cup is tomorrow

Interesting to see what team we field (Im guessing Berbatov and Owen may feature). Its 4:45 am AEST for anyone who wnats to live stream. I dont think they televise this on Sentanta or ESPN

**EDIT** Will be televised from 430 on FS2

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pogba in the middle beside giggs please.
Interested to see how Pogba will go if he plays. Haven't seen much of him live but would be good to see how he goes (while streaming our game ofcourse :p)