Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

bulldawg

bulldog
Reaction score
Sir Alex Ferguson Admits Manchester United May Need To 'Stretch Themselves' In The Transfer Market

Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted Manchester United may need to "stretch" themselves when veteran trio Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Gary Neville retire.

The Red Devils boss concentrated on luring youngsters Chris Smalling, Bebe and Javier Hernandez for a combined £20 million this summer rather than splashing the cash on established superstars. This decision has been justified by the evergreen form of the 'Fergie Fledglings', with Scholes taking home the Premier League Player of the Month award for August.

Speaking at a press conference today, the Scot revealed he was planning to burst the bank only when his experienced charges call it a day.

"We are not at the point where we have to go overboard to get the best player in the world," Ferguson was quoted as saying by Sky Sports News.

"There are enough really top players in the club at the moment.

"There may be a time in the next couple of years where we have to stretch ourselves, particularly when Ryan, Paul and Gary retire.

"Then, it is a possibility we would need to get really top players in to galvanise the younger ones coming through.

"But at the moment we have the experience. We have players who have been through the whole gamut of emotions at this club and know how to deal with it."

He added: "We have no financial restrictions. If I hadn't been confident maybe we would have done something.

"But there was only one player I would have brought here and that move was sealed off quite early by the club he went to.

"The best thing we can do until the market becomes more sensible is produce or buy young players and develop them in the club.

"By doing that we are easily securing the next eight years at Manchester United."

---------------------------------------------

Balotelli, Villa, Ozil, Toure or Silva.
wesley sneijder

bulldawg

bulldog
Reaction score
umm lol?? so he moved from inter to.. inter?
no SAF was after him, but as soon as sneijder said he has no plans to move to the premier league, i didnt see anything else, from memory sneijder was meant to be a long term replacement for scholes..

i didnt read anything on Balotelli, Villa, Ozil, Toure or Silva.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no SAF was after him, but as soon as sneijder said he has no plans to move to the premier league, i didnt see anything else, from memory sneijder was meant to be a long term replacement for scholes..

i didnt read anything on Balotelli, Villa, Ozil, Toure or Silva.
is it THAT hard to read?...

"that move was sealed off quite early by the club he went to"

implying he LEFT a club for ANOTHER club.

saf said he wanted villa earlier in the year also.

bulldawg

bulldog
Reaction score
is it THAT hard to read?...

"that move was sealed off quite early by the club he went to"

implying he LEFT a club for ANOTHER club.

saf said he wanted villa earlier in the year also.
LOL they would never pay 40mil for villa

bulldawg

bulldog
Reaction score
32mil acctually.
Manchester United were preparing a record breaking £45 million offer for Valencia striker David Villa, but the Spanish hitman has told them not to bother as he is planning to join Barcelona instead.

Reports in Spanish daily newspaper Sport suggest that a €42 million fee has been agreed between Barca and Valencia and, subject to the final details on the contract being hammered out, Villa could be unveiled at the Camp Nou as early as next week.

this was in May.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
40mil euros aka 34mil pounds.

"We've looked at a few options. We did consider David Villa but he was always going to Barcelona"

i honestly dont know what you are getting at either, all i said was SAF said he was interested in villa lol?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Via has Barca DNA.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Messy and Chavi do, too. :p

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
heard they are top players. maybe fibregas will go there as well :p

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Robert Van Purse is going, too. Not Emmanuel Aluminum though. He's sht.