Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The butcher is to small he won’t make it in England ha ha ha ha
ETH has balls of steel Maguire and ronaldo on the bench

Couldnt believe he didnt pay Maguire in the final quarter to sure up the box when his 2 centre backs were cramping up... lol BOS indeed.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Proof stats mean shit tbh... he labored around even though everyone was running closing everything down and he only played half a game. Got caught behind the defence line a few times when if onside could have been in the right place to set a play up or even score. Quality skills, lazy as F.

Rashford is the one who had a blinder and should have scored 2, second one a great solo effort.
These were my posts from last year

I think we've seen the last of martial
Good. Not clinical enough, doesn't work hard, and eats up massive wages as a 3rd choice striker
This pre-season and this 2nd half vs liverpool, he's turned it around completely. He is showing the closing down, work ethic and his most important attribute for ETH, he's holding up the ball.

He played as a lone striker and held the ball up brilliantly, sometimes at a 1 vs 3 (their 2 CB's and DM) disadvantage and his passing as the outlet was fantastic.

He won't be dropped anytime soon and it looks like he's matured and understood that he needs to work his arse off (from a keeping in top physical shape perspective) to be continuously picked.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tbh this could be what spurs United on and kick starts their season for something special.
Nope, still needs 6 months to settle in to ETH style football.

By 6 months ETH will know which players suit his system, hence which ones he can develop and keep either as 1st teamers or squad players.

This will only be a bedding in season, in the hope of snatching enough points first half of the season and finish strong 2nd half to get a top 4 place.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
These were my posts from last year

This pre-season and this 2nd half vs liverpool, he's turned it around completely. He is showing the closing down, work ethic and his most important attribute for ETH, he's holding up the ball.

He played as a lone striker and held the ball up brilliantly, sometimes at a 1 vs 3 (their 2 CB's and DM) disadvantage and his passing as the outlet was fantastic.

He won't be dropped anytime soon and it looks like he's matured and understood that he needs to work his arse off (from a keeping in top physical shape perspective) to be continuously picked.
He did when he first came on but faded very fast back into old habits... There were a few times I was filthy at him because he was still trying to get onside when the Liverpool defensive line had pushed up. If he can get that rubbish out of his game then he should certainly retain his spot otherwise im more than happy to sell him whilst his stock is up before it dips again.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He did when he first came on but faded very fast back into old habits... There were a few times I was filthy at him because he was still trying to get onside when the Liverpool defensive line had pushed up. If he can get that rubbish out of his game then he should certainly retain his spot otherwise im more than happy to sell him whilst his stock is up before it dips again.
I think you're being very unfair on him, he was by himself against their trifecta of VVD, Gomez and Fabinho. Very rarely is that ball going to find it's way to him while he's isolated. When he was around the ball he did chase and win it and lay it off.

There was one instance where he did get a foot to a pass along the liverpool backline, the old Martial would never ever have shown that.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nope, still needs 6 months to settle in to ETH style football.

By 6 months ETH will know which players suit his system, hence which ones he can develop and keep either as 1st teamers or squad players.

This will only be a bedding in season, in the hope of snatching enough points first half of the season and finish strong 2nd half to get a top 4 place.
All in on the EL :tearsofjoy:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@KLil also don't forget he just came back from a hamstring injury, there would have been a case of lacking match fitness

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think you're being very unfair on him, he was by himself against their trifecta of VVD, Gomez and Fabinho. Very rarely is that ball going to find it's way to him while he's isolated. When he was around the ball he did chase and win it and lay it off.

There was one instance where he did get a foot to a pass along the liverpool backline, the old Martial would never ever have shown that.

I dont think you understand what im saying tbh... If you did you would agree its either unfit or its lazy.... getting back onside when the defensive line has pushed up as far as half way and your still lagging 5m behind it is fukn lazy, especially when your team mates are constantly clearing the ball and you know you gotta chase it..

The best of Martial was on show when Fernandes first arrived, if he can get back to that level on a consistent basis then yeah sure winner but the kid is so hot/cold its detrimental to his talent.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@KLil also don't forget he just came back from a hamstring injury, there would have been a case of lacking match fitness
I'll except that even though he had a decent pre season so we'll see how he goes this weekend against the saints.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who knows with us, could be 3billion for Antony or we won’t sign anyone else …..
its way too much though. I reckon use could of gotten him cheaper earlier in the transfer window had you not wasted your time on de jong

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks like Antony and Dubravka (GK) are going to be the last two signings

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks like Antony and Dubravka (GK) are going to be the last two signings
Need a goal keeper, Tom Heaton ain’t cutting it if de gea goes down injured
What are they guna pay for Antony, could be a Nunez signing ……

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
United all over tho, crying out for a DM for years so Pogba can roam free as he does with France with Kante

Let him leave and sign a DM lol