Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Top of the league, knocked Liverpool out of the FA Cup, unbeaten in our last 13 league games. Happy days.
Was actually impressed by United yesterday. Still have my doubts that you'll win the league, but there were some things I saw which I would've liked as a United fan.

Felt Ole got it right tactically too.

Luke Shaw was great imo. Felt your outside backs really showed up and played well. Defensively Pogba did well too.

What impressed me most was your defensive attitude. Really put in a shift across the park.

Don't thi k you were overly great, but you did well.

In saying that ... Liverpool will finish higher

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jump on YouTube lads
Listen to all these scouser pundits in absolute denial

We were the better team
We improved today
We made it hard for them

Shit it’s back to the future for Liverpool at the moment lol
Ah, now I see the anger and the mood shift from right after the game till now. You certainly do spend a lot of time paying attention to Liverpool fans views. A LOT. Spend more time on the Liverpool thread than most. Apparently trawling through youtube for Liverpool supporter's views.

One word for you.

Obsessed

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ah, now I see the anger and the mood shift from right after the game till now. You certainly do spend a lot of time paying attention to Liverpool fans views. A LOT. Spend more time on the Liverpool thread than most. Apparently trawling through youtube for Liverpool supporter's views.

One word for you.

Obsessed
No, watching espn, sky etc post game interviews
With some pundits some former scousers
And their filthy but dillusional

Should watch a few, would even embarrass you

Carragher, Steve Nicols having gone missing tho
Haven’t seen anything on Nichols
His asshole be burning

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No, watching espn, sky etc post game interviews
With some pundits some former scousers
And their filthy but dillusional

Should watch a few, would even embarrass you

Carragher, Steve Nicols having gone missing tho
Haven’t seen anything on Nichols
His asshole be burning
Mate. I form my own opinions and don't really give a shit about what others are going to say. Clearly it's a big deal to you. Good luck with it. Really.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think now that we are officially at the halfway point of the season it's really good to judge and see how far we have come. This time last season we had accumulated 28 points (scored 26, conceded 23), this season we have 40 points at the point (scored 36, conceded 25), and this seasons stats are skewed by that freak 6-1 defeat to spurs. We were in 8th then and 1st now.

We were a mess defensively last season and whilst we still arent where we want to be in that aspect, the reemergence of Shaw and Maguire has been great to see, they've been immense for us recently and I think we are just a consistent version of Bailly away from being so so good defensively.

The biggest improvement can be seen in our midfield though, Fred has been one of the most improved players this season, he has become a key part of our team and a lot of the credit has to go to Ole for the way he has utilised him. Bruno has obviously been the biggest addition to the side and has proven himself to being one of the best players in the league, his contribution to the scoresheet has been incredible to say the least. Pogba has also really stood up and proven that he can be a match winner and he can step up when it matters most, if he helps us to a title win then itll justify the fee we paid for him a few years ago.

I think going forward is still our biggest point of concern, Rashford and Martial are the most hot and cold players in the league, when they are firing they are two of the best in the league, but they can really hamper us when they are misfiring, which has been the case for Martial mainly and Rashford to a lesser extent this season. At this point last season Martial, Rashford and Greenwood had combined for 27 goals in all competitions between them, this season Martial, Rashford, Greenwood have combined for 24 goals. However, that has been offset by the excellent signing of Cavani who has chipped in with 5 goals. Still if we want to win the league this season then at least one of the three younger players has to step up and be that consistent finisher for us.

Our big signing Amad Diallo, a tricky right winger has recently arrived and he has received some rave reviews already and looks like he will feature in the first team sooner than expected, if he can have any sort of impact on the team than he could be the one to take us to the next level seeing we have been operating without a traditional left winger for longer than I can remember.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I rkn Sheffield it United will park the mother of all buses
They see us as travelling ok
Would want a point
I think we will struggle

A lot of games still to play in all comps
I can see us hitting a speed hump, especially after knocking those fucking clowns off in the FA cup
And is still in the cup

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think now that we are officially at the halfway point of the season it's really good to judge and see how far we have come. This time last season we had accumulated 28 points (scored 26, conceded 23), this season we have 40 points at the point (scored 36, conceded 25), and this seasons stats are skewed by that freak 6-1 defeat to spurs. We were in 8th then and 1st now.

We were a mess defensively last season and whilst we still arent where we want to be in that aspect, the reemergence of Shaw and Maguire has been great to see, they've been immense for us recently and I think we are just a consistent version of Bailly away from being so so good defensively.

The biggest improvement can be seen in our midfield though, Fred has been one of the most improved players this season, he has become a key part of our team and a lot of the credit has to go to Ole for the way he has utilised him. Bruno has obviously been the biggest addition to the side and has proven himself to being one of the best players in the league, his contribution to the scoresheet has been incredible to say the least. Pogba has also really stood up and proven that he can be a match winner and he can step up when it matters most, if he helps us to a title win then itll justify the fee we paid for him a few years ago.

I think going forward is still our biggest point of concern, Rashford and Martial are the most hot and cold players in the league, when they are firing they are two of the best in the league, but they can really hamper us when they are misfiring, which has been the case for Martial mainly and Rashford to a lesser extent this season. At this point last season Martial, Rashford and Greenwood had combined for 27 goals in all competitions between them, this season Martial, Rashford, Greenwood have combined for 24 goals. However, that has been offset by the excellent signing of Cavani who has chipped in with 5 goals. Still if we want to win the league this season then at least one of the three younger players has to step up and be that consistent finisher for us.

Our big signing Amad Diallo, a tricky right winger has recently arrived and he has received some rave reviews already and looks like he will feature in the first team sooner than expected, if he can have any sort of impact on the team than he could be the one to take us to the next level seeing we have been operating without a traditional left winger for longer than I can remember.
Correct, those 3 need to find form and fast
Pogba been great, really stepped up since Xmas
Bruno goes bit quiet and pogba there
And vice versa
Big things expected of diallo in the future, raved about from all pundits
We need a big dog 9, cavani 5 years ago

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You guys been on the wacky tobacky again?
On preset form he's right about the first two. Was impressed with both of their fullbacks against us.

Henderson is a strange statement to make.

Greenwood ... Salah has had a dip in form but scored 2 against them? Big call

So on present form he's got ground to make such statements I guess, but we don't base how good a player is on a month or two months of playing, do we

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
On preset form he's right about the first two. Was impressed with both of their fullbacks against us.

Henderson is a strange statement to make.

Greenwood ... Salah has had a dip in form but scored 2 against them? Big call

So on present form he's got ground to make such statements I guess, but we don't base how good a player is on a month or two months of playing, do we
On present form I’d take Marine FC over us. But as we know, form is temporary. Class is permanent.

Let us have our form dip. It’s the leveller the EPL and Europe needed (just to make things exciting again)