Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Phillipe Coutinho ( cough cough)
Ah what’s that got to do with not being able to sign players without selling big names ...
That just proves my point
Why can’t a club like Liverpool sign a 30 mil player without having to move someone on?

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ah what’s that got to do with not being able to sign players without selling big names ...
That just proves my point
Why can’t a club like Liverpool sign a 30 mil player without having to move someone on?
This is the business model Klopp and management have decided to go with and its been successful.
Im sure the club can outlay 30 mil on a player if need be. I trust Klopp’s judgement and management of the roster. Let’s not forget Klopp is renowned for producing players from the youth teams . There are some young guys coming through that look good.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is the business model Klopp and management have decided to go with and its been successful.
Im sure the club can outlay 30 mil on a player if need be. I trust Klopp’s judgement and management of the roster. Let’s not forget Klopp is renowned for producing players from the youth teams . There are some young guys coming through that look good.
Allison
Vvd
Gini
Salah
Robertson
Ox
Shaqiri
Mane
Keita

Garbage
On average klopp has bought 5 players each season his been there
With average spend for 16 17 18 19 of 125m per season
It’s never been their buisness model as above ^

So what’s the real reason they have to sell before they buy instead. Of talking rot as usual

Just want an educated conversation for once without the garbage

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When you post how players he has also released in that time then we can have an educated debate old mate

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When you post how players he has also released in that time then we can have an educated debate old mate
Your the one saying it’s their buisness model and klopp brings in youth
I was calling bullshit on that

Now does anyone no the reason why they have to sell a player to bring in 1. 30-40mil player
Surely after winning epl they can afford 1 decent player?

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Trent Alexander Arnold, Joe Gomez, Curtis Jones , Neco Williams and Harvey Elliot say Hi :-)

I’ve come to the realisation that even your own kind find you great comic relief during these Bulldogs hard times we are enduring.
Keep up the good posts old mate.:tearsofjoy:

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Trent Alexander Arnold, Joe Gomez, Curtis Jones , Neco Williams and Harvey Elliot say Hi :-)

I’ve come to the realisation that even your own kind find you great comic relief during these Bulldogs hard times we are enduring.
Keep up the good posts old mate.:tearsofjoy:
Harvey Elliot was bought from Fulham...
Gomez bought from Charlton athletic
But hey 3/5 is great for you old mate lol
Anyway back to you avoiding the question (again)

Why can’t liverpool buy decent one player for 30-40mil without selling one
Epl winners but can’t buy 1 player?
That’s my question
Are the owners in strife, are they struggling
Is that why they tried to furlough staff payments
What’s going on money wise there....?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Harvey Elliot was bought from Fulham...
Gomez bought from Charlton athletic
But hey 3/5 is great for you old mate lol
Anyway back to you avoiding the question (again)

Why can’t liverpool buy decent one player for 30-40mil without selling one
Epl winners but can’t buy 1 player?
That’s my question
Are the owners in strife, are they struggling
Is that why they tried to furlough staff payments
What’s going on money wise there....?
The question I'd ask is not "Why can't Liverpool buy without selling?" But "Why is it important?"

Every club has their own strategy, Liverpool has ours. It means we need to be VERY well researched in their purchases.

However, if the structure is working for the club then why is it important how we come about the money? Especially when the club isn't being leveraged to benefit the owners? They're PURPOSELY NOT trying to milk the club for money. Why would that be a bad thing?

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The question I'd ask is not "Why can't Liverpool buy without selling?" But "Why is it important?"

Every club has their own strategy, Liverpool has ours. It means we need to be VERY well researched in their purchases.

However, if the structure is working for the club then why is it important how we come about the money? Especially when the club isn't being leveraged to benefit the owners? They're PURPOSELY NOT trying to milk the club for money. Why would that be a bad thing?
But u haven’t done it before you guys have been buying more than your selling
That’s why I’m asking
It’s the first time you guys have used this strategy
You haven’t done this before that’s why I’m asking
Why now? Why. Now when you have a chance to put a strangle hold on epl

I’m thinking the sale of Coutinho has put a false positive on your spending the last 3-4 years
Now there’s no more money from him it’s shut up shop

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But u haven’t done it before you guys have been buying more than your selling
That’s why I’m asking
It’s the first time you guys have used this strategy
You haven’t done this before that’s why I’m asking
Why now? Why. Now when you have a chance to put a strangle hold on epl
Got you. When you say "The first time ..." are you talking about under the current owners? Or in our history?

At the present time I'd argue that the 'sell-to-buy' approach being talked about all and sundry isn't entirely true.

In recent times the club has ploughed money into the new stands, new training centre, not furloughing staff like you said. We've got a lot of money invested into the club, but just not current player signings.

When FSG took over our club, their approach was evident for all to see. We'll always be a self-sufficient club that wouldn't rely on loans to buy players. The recent hit with the FFP ruling would've hit FSG hard because it puts us behind the 8 ball immediately. I don't know if liverpool can continue to win when you've got Chelsea, City, United etc. throwing money around in the way they do. We can't and won't do that.

Add to that the HUGE money problems within the EPL atm. People can pretend that everything is OK, but it's not. Everton were very very close to being punished for making over 150m loss in the last two years BEFORE COVID, but the FA changed the rules. The FA lost that massive cash injection from the CHinese Television Company. Who knows whether fans will be allowed back into the grounds in full (I know it's 25% in Sept. but ...). Clubs are doing to take massive losses this year, and Liverpool is doing its best not to screw the club.

Do I like this approach? No. I'd love to see us make those 2-3 signings that would have us at the top for eternity, but I also understand why we're not. Werner could've waited, like VVD and Keita, to sign with us but he refused to. He's getting 250k+ a week at Chelsea where our current front 3 are getting 50k less a week. We won't make stupid signings. Every signing needs to be right. We can't gamble.

We haven't done this before? I think we've always had this approach to some extent. Perhaps not to the magnitude that we're seeing now, but if COVID hadn't happened I think you'd have seen Werner here, plus Thiago, plus a top centre back.

Shit happens.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Got you. When you say "The first time ..." are you talking about under the current owners? Or in our history?

At the present time I'd argue that the 'sell-to-buy' approach being talked about all and sundry isn't entirely true.

In recent times the club has ploughed money into the new stands, new training centre, not furloughing staff like you said. We've got a lot of money invested into the club, but just not current player signings.

When FSG took over our club, their approach was evident for all to see. We'll always be a self-sufficient club that wouldn't rely on loans to buy players. The recent hit with the FFP ruling would've hit FSG hard because it puts us behind the 8 ball immediately. I don't know if liverpool can continue to win when you've got Chelsea, City, United etc. throwing money around in the way they do. We can't and won't do that.

Add to that the HUGE money problems within the EPL atm. People can pretend that everything is OK, but it's not. Everton were very very close to being punished for making over 150m loss in the last two years BEFORE COVID, but the FA changed the rules. The FA lost that massive cash injection from the CHinese Television Company. Who knows whether fans will be allowed back into the grounds in full (I know it's 25% in Sept. but ...). Clubs are doing to take massive losses this year, and Liverpool is doing its best not to screw the club.

Do I like this approach? No. I'd love to see us make those 2-3 signings that would have us at the top for eternity, but I also understand why we're not. Werner could've waited, like VVD and Keita, to sign with us but he refused to. He's getting 250k+ a week at Chelsea where our current front 3 are getting 50k less a week. We won't make stupid signings. Every signing needs to be right. We can't gamble.

We haven't done this before? I think we've always had this approach to some extent. Perhaps not to the magnitude that we're seeing now, but if COVID hadn't happened I think you'd have seen Werner here, plus Thiago, plus a top centre back.

Shit happens.
Chelsea the big danger this year, if the signings click they will threaten
United not spending nowhere near what they would normally
City still spending

It will be interesting the next 2-3 years and what clubs buy to where they finish

I think top 3 this year city Liverpool Chelsea, in what order I don’t know

United 4-6 unless we make some key signings, ole getting us 3rd this year was overachieving
No spectators killing united more than any other club money wise

They rkn Chelsea in for Thiago now.... but I think that’s just to drive up asking price for you guys

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Chelsea the big danger this year, if the signings click they will threaten
United not spending nowhere near what they would normally
City still spending

It will be interesting the next 2-3 years and what clubs buy to where they finish

I think top 3 this year city Liverpool Chelsea, in what order I don’t know

United 4-6 unless we make some key signings, ole getting us 3rd this year was overachieving
No spectators killing united more than any other club money wise

They rkn Chelsea in for Thiago now.... but I think that’s just to drive up asking price for you guys
Thiago will be at Liverpool. I've got no doubt about that, which is a HUGE signing as he's class. But ... the question is whether we lose Gini or not. I'd love to keep him for a year, but understand that in these times it's best for the club to get that 20m or so for him.

Chelsea will be under a lot of pressure to perform. Great signings. Like, I'm really impressed by those players as you know already. My 'concern' though is whether, in such a short turnaround between seasons, they can gell in time to perform. It's pretty much an entire frontline they've bought, and it takes time to find rhythm etc.

Long-term though I think they'll really do well and will be back challenging for the title. If they stick with Lampard though as we all know Chelsea ... I think also that a lot of clubs have strengthened this year so it'll be even harder to win a game.

United? I agree with what you're saying. Can't for the life of me understand your pursuit of Sancho. Unbelievable player, but with that money you could fill positions that REALLY need to be filled such as central defence, wide defence, in the middle of the park. I don't understand it personally as surely getting him would mean you can't buy elsewhere?

City - Liverpool - Chelsea? Because of the short turn around I'd expect those clubs that have strong squads already, and add a few class players to it to be able to really shake it up. Based on this I do think Liverpool have a good chance to win it again, but City are still so strong. Chelsea? I actually predict them to struggle a little.

If United sign a decent central defender it's possible that you'd challenge for 3rd, but I don't see you being able to go for the title yet. I still think it'll be between Liverpool & City, but who knows. Liverpool are very reliant on our front 3 to win games. I guess with Thiago coming in it's possible that things change a little?

We'll see.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thiago will be at Liverpool. I've got no doubt about that, which is a HUGE signing as he's class. But ... the question is whether we lose Gini or not. I'd love to keep him for a year, but understand that in these times it's best for the club to get that 20m or so for him.

Chelsea will be under a lot of pressure to perform. Great signings. Like, I'm really impressed by those players as you know already. My 'concern' though is whether, in such a short turnaround between seasons, they can gell in time to perform. It's pretty much an entire frontline they've bought, and it takes time to find rhythm etc.

Long-term though I think they'll really do well and will be back challenging for the title. If they stick with Lampard though as we all know Chelsea ... I think also that a lot of clubs have strengthened this year so it'll be even harder to win a game.

United? I agree with what you're saying. Can't for the life of me understand your pursuit of Sancho. Unbelievable player, but with that money you could fill positions that REALLY need to be filled such as central defence, wide defence, in the middle of the park. I don't understand it personally as surely getting him would mean you can't buy elsewhere?

City - Liverpool - Chelsea? Because of the short turn around I'd expect those clubs that have strong squads already, and add a few class players to it to be able to really shake it up. Based on this I do think Liverpool have a good chance to win it again, but City are still so strong. Chelsea? I actually predict them to struggle a little.

If United sign a decent central defender it's possible that you'd challenge for 3rd, but I don't see you being able to go for the title yet. I still think it'll be between Liverpool & City, but who knows. Liverpool are very reliant on our front 3 to win games. I guess with Thiago coming in it's possible that things change a little?

We'll see.
Yeah big question is if Chelsea gel, sancho for 110 mil big coin and would have huge expectation
I feel for him actually if it went thru, seems like a great kid
United start a week later, I think we will be tired honestly
Played more games than any other PL club last season, plus short turnaround not handy

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Are we signing anyone else or was RVB a panic buy and that will be it for this window

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still a few weeks to go. Reckon we will sign 2 more but it’s going to be such a saga as always
That midfielder you signed is decent like. Still not fixing your two most glaring issues though, and think you're going to spend stupic money again on anothe fridge like signing like your CB.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah big question is if Chelsea gel, sancho for 110 mil big coin and would have huge expectation
I feel for him actually if it went thru, seems like a great kid
United start a week later, I think we will be tired honestly
Played more games than any other PL club last season, plus short turnaround not handy
Sancho will be a great pick up. Really. Fantastic player. But just not what you immediately need imo.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know this some had been hack called him a panic buy
I called him a panic buy? Doubt that as I really don't know much about him.

What I've said though is Man U have made some disasterous signings in recent times which seem to have been rushed, not well thought our purchases. The amount you paid for Maquire is criminal. Same as that outside back.

This recent purchase? By all accounts he seems OK actually. I don't know much about him, but he does fit the bill for you. It's goes against the past focus on bigname purchases so maybe it works out for you?

I doubt it though as I don't think Ole is the right guy to take you forward, and I think he'll be shown up as an imposter in the coming year.