Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Just noticed that Smalling is wearing the captains armband in the 2nd half, Chris Smalling can tell his kids one day that he captained Bastian Schweinsteiger

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Andreas Pereira is a class player despite his young age, glad he signed a new deal because he's definitely one for the future

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
F*ck sakes, these c*nts from Club America are putting in plenty of nasty challenges..

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Solid performance from both sides that took to the field in each half, especially pleased with the 2nd half side as the youngsters really showed their talent

Should have scored another 2 or 3 goals, result doesn't matter as long as we got through that match without an injury seeing as some of the challenges from Club America were crunching..

New signings were solid, especially Schneiderlin who was an absolute tank in midfield

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Did Schweinsteiger play?
Played in the 2nd half side with most of the youngsters

Schweinsteiger was class - he's cool, calm and collected on the ball

Commentators described him as playing with a cigar in front of the back 4 :cool:

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Played in the 2nd half side with most of the youngsters

Schweinsteiger was class - he's cool, calm and collected on the ball

Commentators described him as playing with a cigar in front of the back 4 :cool:
By the sounds of it our Schmidfield is looking good this year ;-)

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently psg have made a £60 mil bid for Di Maria but we want £70mil and are interested in pedro from Barcelona hmmmmmmmm imo id like to keep Di Maria for another season but surely if he goes we will get cavani??

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Still adamant that Di Maria will stay with the club for at least one more season, both the French newspaper (L'Equipe & Le Parisien) who broke the story Di Maria would join PSG also stated that the deal should have been completed in the weekend.. nothing as happened, in fact both papers have suddenly gone quiet on the rumour - the exact reason why I don't pay any attention to what is written by the press, believe what you want

Whereas, we've actually registered genuine interest in signing Pedro from Barcelona because of his cheap £22m release clause however Pedro isn't linked in anyway with the Di Maria rumours so don't be surprised if both players are at the club this season - not quite sure where Pedro would fit into our lineup, he can play on both flanks and I'm unsure if he has ever played as a striker but he'd be a quality signing especially because of his cheap release clause

And why are we even talking about Cavani? The last time the club talked to Cavani (a year or a year and a half ago), we were told he wanted to be a guaranteed starter and play centrally.. that isn't happening, LvG has indicated Rooney will be our main striker for the season after the midfield got reinforcements and Cavani is only a year younger than Rooney which makes no sense as to why we're even interested in him if he's not first choice and if he's not young enough to eventually take over in 2/3 years time.. I'll actually commit if we sign Cavani

Cavani isn't half the player he was at Napoli and those who pull out the 'he's played on the wing at PSG' excuse, whenever he gets an opportunity to play centrally at PSG, he f*cking bottles it.. we're talking a fee of around £50m for Cavani so f*ck that

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
just flicking through skysports paper talk stuff coz i cant help myself and saw this?

thats huge money...do you think Muller would fit in (doubt it would happen anyway, would rather Lewandowski tbh)

UNITED’S €100M MULLER OFFER

Sticking with Manchester United, and Louis van Gaal has made a record offer for Bayern Munich's Thomas Muller, according to Munich-based TV station Sport1,

The station claims a €100m (around £69.5m) bid has been rejected by Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just flicking through skysports paper talk stuff coz i cant help myself and saw this?

thats huge money...do you think Muller would fit in (doubt it would happen anyway, would rather Lewandowski tbh)

UNITED’S €100M MULLER OFFER

Sticking with Manchester United, and Louis van Gaal has made a record offer for Bayern Munich's Thomas Muller, according to Munich-based TV station Sport1,

The station claims a €100m (around £69.5m) bid has been rejected by Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.
Bayern said they won't sell anyone else to United. But I did hear on MUTV that some big signing will happen in the next 10 days all so will wait and see

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
I wonder who this "surprise" striker is LVG mentioned
Says it's someone who hasn't been linked to the club via the press.. process of elimination rules out Lewandowski, Muller, Benzema, Higuain, Cavani, Lacazette, Kane, Benteke and whoever else I missed..

Interested to see who it is, will be very surprised if it's a top quality striker since LvG already commented that Rooney will be restored as the main striker this season

#WelcomeMessi

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Says it's someone who hasn't been linked to the club via the press.. process of elimination rules out Lewandowski, Muller, Benzema, Higuain, Cavani, Lacazette, Kane, Benteke and whoever else I missed..

Interested to see who it is, will be very surprised if it's a top quality striker since LvG already commented that Rooney will be restored as the main striker this season

#WelcomeMessi
#welcomebackCR7

Lol