Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Defence is woeful...refereeing was worse...thats all...long season to go...cnt see that happening too often I hope...
What do we do in defence next week now...with blackett and evens out...smalling and rojo cbs?...
Rafael and shaw wide?

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Defence is woeful...refereeing was worse...thats all...long season to go...cnt see that happening too often I hope...
What do we do in defence next week now...with blackett and evens out...smalling and rojo cbs?...
Rafael and shaw wide?
Rojo's a natural CB, he played there at Sporting so he'll fill the void next week alongside Smalling and Shaw is back from his hamstring injury so he'll go to his natural left back position

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Somebody explain to me;

a) How this is not a foul by Vardy on Rafael, he shoves him in an off the ball challenge
b) How this is a penalty when Rafael barely touches him, **** dived and Clattenburg awarded a penalty

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/A916...p4?versionId=FD8bRWgdwDp85dW5SF_kX1WuVOa30hcg

Vardy knew what he was doing, you can see he takes a quick look to see Rafael coming then times his dive to perfection

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
man i was pissed off last night - it was an early game was looking forward to a good game and the refs ****ed it for us

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I went to bed with you guys winning 2-1.

My son is a massive Man U fan (didn't bring him up right) and my last words to him last night were "This match will be interesting". Your mid field is stacked with players who like to go forward, and Leicester were keen to also move forward.

I knew there would be goals scored, but I honestly thought it would end up something like 6-3 Man U.

My son was going off about the ref this morning. In relation to the 1st goal they scored, it looked 50-50 whether the ball was out in full.

Anyway, from what I saw, you guys will challenge this year.

Di Maria.... buy of the bloody decade. What a machine!

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
I went to bed with you guys winning 2-1.

My son is a massive Man U fan (didn't bring him up right) and my last words to him last night were "This match will be interesting". Your mid field is stacked with players who like to go forward, and Leicester were keen to also move forward.

I knew there would be goals scored, but I honestly thought it would end up something like 6-3 Man U.

My son was going off about the ref this morning. In relation to the 1st goal they scored, it looked 50-50 whether the ball was out in full.

Anyway, from what I saw, you guys will challenge this year.

Di Maria.... buy of the bloody decade. What a machine!
the ball was out....
Delat should have had THREE yellow cards...and sent off 1st half...HE GOT 1!! WTF!!!
the 1st penalty was never a penalty... let alone the shove on rafael...
clattenburg farked us big time....
we will challenge for top 4 no doubt...we are lucky all our rivals dropped points aswell..besides arsenal...spurs/liverpool/everton all lost...

city chelsea was a draw...but the quality those squads have....it is daylight between them and the rest of the league...

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Absolutely filthy about the match last night...

1/ Richeie De Laet should've been sent off 3 times over. No question about it.
2/ Ball had gone over the the line prior to Vardy crossed. Goal should not have stood. Even so, Evans had missed his assignment and the goal scorer had no pressure on him what so ever.
3/ Vardy fouled Rafael. Clattenberg chose to ignore it. Rafael then makes up the ground and Vady dives like superman at Rafael's feet and calls it penalty. Absolute criminal from Clattenberg and the linesmen.
4/ Vardy fouls a Man United player (may have been Blackett - cant remember) Clattenberg and the linesmen choose to ignore it again. Blackett gives away a penalty as a result.

Apart from that we were absolutely diabolical in defence. Rafael and Rojo need to spend less time going forward and more time defending.

I have had my doubts about DDG also and he has done nothing to subside that. He doesn't lead, he doesn't talk. Whats he do there out the back?

We need to spend another 250m and buy some more players. Hummals, Banatia, Strootman and Vidal. Buy them all. Why the **** not. The others are squad players and let them play their bit. Oh, and we should also go in for a Right back too.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oof Oof Oof. Hold on there Doga. Don't turn your club into a Man C and Chelsea. Hold onto you english core.

250m more? That is a new squad.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Hard to blame David De Gea, there's not another keeper in the world I would trade for De Gea

He's one of the best young keeper there is in the world, rivaled only to Chelsea's Thibaut Courtois

Nemanja Vidic should have never been allowed to leave, he's an absolute tank in defense and leads by example.. he's the sort of player Louis van Gaal needs in this transitional period, who is there on the market to purchase in January? I can only think of Mats Hummels, Neven Subotic and Sokratis from Borussia Dortmund..

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Oof Oof Oof. Hold on there Doga. Don't turn your club into a Man C and Chelsea. Hold onto you english core.

250m more? That is a new squad.
At the very least we need one top CB, at the very least. He Must be a leader. He should strike fear into our players , tell them where they need to be, read the game.

A CM immense quality to bully and boss and also cover when needed.

Hard to blame David De Gea, there's not another keeper in the world I would trade for De Gea

He's one of the best young keeper there is in the world, rivaled only to Chelsea's Thibaut Courtois

Nemanja Vidic should have never been allowed to leave, he's an absolute tank in defense and leads by example.. he's the sort of player Louis van Gaal needs in this transitional period, who is there on the market to purchase in January? I can only think of Mats Hummels, Neven Subotic and Sokratis from Borussia Dortmund..
DDG has been and is fairly poor. This is not about todays game. He is usually a calamity and we are always waiting for him to come good, be commanding, lead and direct our defense. He does none of that.

Yes, Vidic should never have left. We should also never had a window where we lost Vidic, Rio and Evra . But we did. Can't go back and we must fix is ASAP. Not saying January as it will be hard to pull players away in the middle of CL football. But We need a similar spend to bring in quality.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
i honestly think carrick or fletcher should play as a defensive midfield player

rojo and rafeal shouldn't be wing backs and just hold the back

we have enough players to go forward

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
the game on saturday is huge now...like i said...we r lucky that most our rivals dropped points this weekend so its not too bad regarding the ladder/points...but a big opportunity missed if you look at it that way

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score

Do they have the motor and the aggression to be effective in that role though? I think not

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
DDG has been and is fairly poor. This is not about todays game. He is usually a calamity and we are always waiting for him to come good, be commanding, lead and direct our defense. He does none of that.

Yes, Vidic should never have left. We should also never had a window where we lost Vidic, Rio and Evra . But we did. Can't go back and we must fix is ASAP. Not saying January as it will be hard to pull players away in the middle of CL football. But We need a similar spend to bring in quality.
Yeah I totally understand where you're coming from but I wouldn't think there'd be too many other keepers who could perform any better with our shaky defense

De Gea had a shaky start to the 2012/13 season then became a rock in goals towards the end of the season when our defense become solid and protected the keeper and last season he was a standout in a very poor squad

There's not another keeper who I would trade for De Gea, he'll come good once he has proper defenders in front of him (e.g. Vidic when he commanded the defense, De Gea could focus on goalkeeping)

The diamond 4-4-2/4-1-2-1-2/4-3-1-2 or whatever you want to call our current system needs the fullbacks to push up and overlap as wingers in attack because the system doesn't utilise any wingers, we have 2 central midfielders and one defensive/holding midfielder then a no 10 that sits in front of them so Shaw/Rojo/Rafael need to push up in attack to provide attacking width

Fullbacks wouldn't have to push up far in attack if we had a 4-3-3 but that system wouldn't work because we have 3 strikers and 4-3-3 utilises the lone striker.. 3 (top quality strikers) doesn't go into 1

As for the Carrick and Fletcher argument, we bought in Blind for a reason.. he's the defensive midfielder, Carrick is 33 and coming back from an ankle injury and Fletcher is coming back from a serious illness so both aren't the players you would want to rely on throughout the course of a season, we seriously need another midfielder, somebody like de Jong but AC Milan weren't willing to sell

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Laughable that some supporters reckon Rooney and Blackett are to blame.. they're being made scapegoats for the performance

Rooney is the hardest working player in the side, constantly drops back to help out and Blackett, despite his age, has been by far our best centreback so far.. every time Man United were on the back foot, Blackett made the clearance, Blackett made the tackle, Blackett won the ball back, he had to cover for Rojo who was poor defensively and yeah Blackett conceded a penalty and got sent off but he'll learn from it and come back a better player - Blacklett just needs a leader in defense alongside him to teach him the trait, Vidic or Rio would have been perfect for him to learn off

Now's not the time to start pointing fingers and blaming players, those fickle f*ckers need to shut up and get behind the boys because I still have every belief we can finish in the Top 4 and come January, certain LvG will further strengthen the squad and by then, we'd be over the initial 3 months period where LvG struggles before players get to grip with his philosophy and how he wants to play (look back at the previous teams he managed, always had the 3 months struggle period before finishing strong)

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Laughable that some supporters reckon Rooney and Blackett are to blame.. they're being made scapegoats for the performance

Rooney is the hardest working player in the side, constantly drops back to help out and Blackett, despite his age, has been by far our best centreback so far.. every time Man United were on the back foot, Blackett made the clearance, Blackett made the tackle, Blackett won the ball back, he had to cover for Rojo who was poor defensively and yeah Blackett conceded a penalty and got sent off but he'll learn from it and come back a better player - Blacklett just needs a leader in defense alongside him to teach him the trait, Vidic or Rio would have been perfect for him to learn off

Now's not the time to start pointing fingers and blaming players, those fickle f*ckers need to shut up and get behind the boys because I still have every belief we can finish in the Top 4 and come January, certain LvG will further strengthen the squad and by then, we'd be over the initial 3 months period where LvG struggles before players get to grip with his philosophy and how he wants to play (look back at the previous teams he managed, always had the 3 months struggle period before finishing strong)
Rooney for mine stood up last night. He was a jack in the box and led the team well.

Blackett has been very reliable and made the odd silly challenge which is more than fair. He has been our go to defender in every game. He is 20 and played his 4/5/6th game. He is our number 1. That in itself is the biggest issue.

Ricky Stuart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In the January transfer window Utd must:
- Sign Strootmen (To play CM)
- Sell Smalling or send him on loan
- Sign 2 experienced CB's (Imo i would like Godin & Subotic)
-Sign a CDM ( I would prefer De Jong)

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Why sell Smalling or even loan him? I don't believe he has done anything wrong that warrants being shown the door

Either Subotic or Sokratis are viable options in January, BVB refuse to sell Hummels and they recently signed Ginter so that's 3 quality centrebacks and 1 young centreback so 3 doesn't got into 2 (4 at the back system).. either Subotic or Sokratis would have to be unhappy with limited playing time?

Abdennour at Monaco would also be a good buy, 25 and has experience but recently penned a 4 year deal with Monaco although we do have a working relationship with them since the Falcao deal

de Jong will be hard to get, AC Milan already refused our approach for him in the transfer window that has now closed and are looking to extend his contract

Strootman would depend on his knee, he hasn't recovered from that ACL injury and is still yet to play a single minute this season.. we're reluctant to splash the cash on players when it comes to serious injury, we have a clause in Falcao's contract that allows us to terminate it should he suffer another knee injury this season (basically, if Falcao suffers a knee injury this season then he's packing his bags because we're sending him straight back to Monaco)