Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
David De Gea's saves were just as important as RVP's goals. What a keeper he's turning out to be! I hope he stays at United for many years to come and maintains this type of form. He's going to be the best keeper in the world in the near future.
he wouldnt be far off

this is another thing about moyes

remember de gea's first season with united he was rubbish, now look at him

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
We won because Moyes knew he job was on the line, had we lost then Moyes would have been given the sack

Moyes let them do what they wanted in attack and didn't restrict them, usually we score a goal then sit back and try defend the lead but he knew we had to keep pushing to erase the aggregate score

This still doesn't excuse him from a pathetic season, there's a part of me that kinda wanted to see us go out against Olympiacos if it meant Moyes was getting sacked.. guess we'll wait until the Manchester derby to see his future
the penalty was soft.... I agree with you....very similar to jones on Allen on the weekend.....
I dnt think Moyes will get the sack this season now....there is no point...the seasons almost over...he will have the summer/ and until next Xmas to prove his tactics can get this once great club back to where we should be....
I think he said to the boys yday...just go out and show some pride and do wot u do best...and then once we got infront...we turned back into his tactics @ 3-0....after that we hardly touched the ball...and If that was SIR ALEX team...we would have went for the 5/6-0 ....not sit back and invite Olympiacos onto us....
must get rid of this tactic...its honestly going to give me a heart attack 1 day

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
he wouldnt be far off

this is another thing about moyes

remember de gea's first season with united he was rubbish, now look at him
Two different topic of discussion though I understand where you're coming from

De Gea came from a foreign country to play in a more physical league whereas Moyes has been in the Premier League for quite some time and has always been a midtable manager

the penalty was soft.... I agree with you....very similar to jones on Allen on the weekend.....
I dnt think Moyes will get the sack this season now....there is no point...the seasons almost over...he will have the summer/ and until next Xmas to prove his tactics can get this once great club back to where we should be....
I think he said to the boys yday...just go out and show some pride and do wot u do best...and then once we got infront...we turned back into his tactics @ 3-0....after that we hardly touched the ball...and If that was SIR ALEX team...we would have went for the 5/6-0 ....not sit back and invite Olympiacos onto us....
must get rid of this tactic...its honestly going to give me a heart attack 1 day
Ideally, I'll let Moyes see out the rest of the season and get in van Gaal after the World Cup because if we sack Moyes now then we'll need to appoint a intern manager so that would be somebody like a Giggs or Neville to see out the season and not an established manager cause that would mean we'd have to give him the job for the following season as well

Get van Gaal in the summer, give him the transfer window and let him rebuild the squad because I see no use giving Moyes the reported £150mil to spend if he's inept to changing tactics because by Christmas he'll be gone and we'll have to bring in somebody available and that £150mil would go down the drain

So, give van Gaal the funds because he's a proven manager and let him use the summer transfer window to identify his targets and have him run things his way

The victory over Olympiacos changes nothing for me, this entire season has been a disaster and after we got that 3rd goal he went back to his midtable mentality by letting the team sit back and inviting pressure on us

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Oh, we're so f*cking screwed..

It has been fun while it lasted Moyesy, enjoy your trip to Germany cause hopefully the team will give you a one way ticket and we'll get Klopp when the team flies back into England

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Buttner vs Robben

:roflol:

This isn't going to f*cking end well for the 1st leg, Buttner can't defend to save his own life..

Least we'll always have this to remember

"And Solskjaer has won it!"

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Look at the defenders faces

I remember watching the game and screaming the house down and running around the lounge room and jumping up and down on the lounge hahah

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh Robin Van Persie

Oh Robin Van Persie

He's out when he wants
He's out when he wants
Robin Van Persie
He's out when he wants

6 weeks guys. Back to his old self.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
To be fair, RVP copped a dirty challenge from some Greek ****

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise? Rooney to striker and Kagawa can play in the no 10

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Team announced to face West Ham

Kagawa finally gets to start a game but it won't be in the no 10 role sadly.. wasted out on the left

Smalling and Evans out with injury, Vidic suspended and Ferdinard rested for the Manchester Derby so that leaves us with Carrick as a makeshift defender with Buttner outside him... going to be a tough and difficult day in defense especially against the likes of Andy Carroll in the air

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
WOW... goosebumps!!!

Rooney scored from the half way line, caught the keeper off his line and placed it in the back of the net

:roflol:

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Rooney gets his second goal and goes outright 3rd on United's all time scorers list

Terrible cross by Young as well, Rooney happened to be in the right spot and the right time as the defender fluffed his clearance

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Very good win by utd.

Should grab 4th place off Liverpool at seasons end

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Manchester United have apparently signed William Carvalho from Sporting Lisbon after agreeing to activate his buy out clause of £37 million

That's a lot of money for someone at just the young age of 21 but he has been compared to the likes of Patrick Vieira and Yaya Toure and would be a welcome addition if it means Cleverley doesn't get a starting/bench spot

Allegedly the deal is in place and he will join United once the transfer window reopens after the World Cup

Just some facts in case you haven't heard of him yet

- He's a big lad standing at 6'2

- Very technical player (as you'd expect coming from Portugal)

- Incredible pass rate

- Great work rates (something Fellaini lacks at times...)

- Scouted 8 times this season by United

- Probably taking Cleverley's spot in the squad so.. :becky:

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manchester United have apparently signed William Carvalho from Sporting Lisbon after agreeing to activate his buy out clause of £37 million

That's a lot of money for someone at just the young age of 21 but he has been compared to the likes of Patrick Vieira and Yaya Toure and would be a welcome addition if it means Cleverley doesn't get a starting/bench spot

Allegedly the deal is in place and he will join United once the transfer window reopens after the World Cup

Just some facts in case you haven't heard of him yet

- He's a big lad standing at 6'2

- Very technical player (as you'd expect coming from Portugal)

- Incredible pass rate

- Great work rates (something Fellaini lacks at times...)

- Scouted 8 times this season by United

- Probably taking Cleverley's spot in the squad so.. :becky:
Sounds like a decent player for his age but don't get my hopes up about no more cleverly lol

matauce

Baller
Reaction score
Hahaahahhahahahaahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaa

you suck