Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
we wouldn't leak so many if we could hold the ball more often in the midfield...we have lacked in midfield...defence has been poor...and no creativity for our strikers...we r lucky rooney has played well this season or we would be 17th

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
So many contradicting reports I'm reading, some say Moyes isn't going to spend during January while others say Glazers will let him open the checkbook and bring whoever he needs

Whatever the case, we need a box to box/creative midfielder - I'd say a realistic target is Dembele from Spurs, fantastic midfielder and he's someone Moyes needs to be looking at

Other than that, I pray we don't bring in Baines.. he's 29, we'll get 2 seasons out of him before we have to purchase somebody else so that'll ruin the defensive chemistry

I want Moyes to play Zaha more often, Valencia's crosses are f*cking terrible and embarrassing for a player of his standards also Fabio MUST be given a proper shot at Left Back - but it looks like he's been ousted by Moyes

Fabio Coentrao is reportedly available for 12 mil from Madrid, if Moyes doesn't want to use Fabio (Da Silva) then I hope we sign Coentrao and make him our understudy while we slowly phase Evra out

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
we wouldn't leak so many if we could hold the ball more often in the midfield...we have lacked in midfield...defence has been poor...and no creativity for our strikers...we r lucky rooney has played well this season or we would be 17th
if we were 17th moyes would be gone

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Moyes... 3rd straight loss, didn't expect anything different to be honest

I said I'd judge him when the 1st of February comes round, but I'm starting to give up any hope of rescuing this season

Players don't seem to care, nobody is playing for the badge and for their position in the team

Once again, Zaha not given an opportunity.. Valencia is very one dimensional, opponents seem to know what he's gonna do every time whereas Zaha would give us something different - more flair, proven to be a great dribbler etc etc

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
If things continue the way they're going, then I say let Ole get some EPL experience managing Cardiff City and bring him in as United manager

Cut our losses with Moyes, he's poison to the club - tactically poor, man management is horrendous

Ole has been mentored by Sir Alex, so I cannot see a better replacement to lead this club - he knows the club, knows the traditions, and most importantly he's a winner

C'mon Moyes, prove me wrong

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
on another note i got the david beckham autobiography for xmas

there is alot of pictures and only took me a few days to read but if you love united its worth getting

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
How much is it and where can you pick up a copy?

Might have a look at it to get my mind of the current state of things at United

EDIT: Have a look at Sir Bobby Charlton shaking his head at the result, all round disappointment

Last edited by a moderator:

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Cheers mate, I'll have a look at it

On transfer news, we've reportedly put in a 25mil bid for Claudio Marchisio from Juventus, somebody I rate very highly that would definitely be a weekly starter and improve the midfield immensely

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Cheers mate, I'll have a look at it

On transfer news, we've reportedly put in a 25mil bid for Claudio Marchisio from Juventus, somebody I rate very highly that would definitely be a weekly starter and improve the midfield immensely
Link?

im still hoping we get reus...but any big names are unlikely to sign this Jan...hopefully rooney n rvp n nani come back stronger and can help us make the 4 this season before we make some big plays after the world cup

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
i still think we need 2 decent backs as well
We've apparently renewed interest in Ezequiel Garay from Benfica, such an on going rumour.. hope we actually do sign him this time round

Fabio Coentrao also looking a likely successor to Evra at left back, other than that we've got Jones who's more than capable of becoming our long term centre back

Link?

im still hoping we get reus...but any big names are unlikely to sign this Jan...hopefully rooney n rvp n nani come back stronger and can help us make the 4 this season before we make some big plays after the world cup
http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014/01/manchester-united-make-offer-for-juventus-midfielder/ plus a few other articles if you Google him, would be a great signing for us and we were linked with him during the summer

Also, like I previously said, we should go in and make an offer for Dembele as January is a difficult window to buy any world class players - only thing is, Daniel Levy is a **** and is gonna demand a lot of cash his way

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...or-suicide-bomber-costume-20140109-30jg2.html

How the story was presented on The Sun's website.

LONDON: Manchester United defender Chris Smalling apologised on Wednesday for an "insensitive decision" to appear as a suicide bomber at a fancy dress party.

A photograph of Smalling in his fancy dress, which his management company said was taken at a private party in his home, was on the front page of Thursday's editions of The Sun newspaper.

It shows the England international with items looking like a mock circuit board and mobile phone around his chest and cables leading up his body. Also on his body are bottles of Jagermeister and cans of Red Bull, while he is also wearing an Arab kaffiyeh head dress.
Sorry: Manchester United and England international Chris Smalling.

Sorry: Manchester United and England international Chris Smalling. Photo: Getty Images

Smalling's management group said the outfit was an elaborate pun on the popular "Jagerbomb", which is a blend of those two drinks.
Advertisement

"Chris and his girlfriend hosted a fancy-dress party to celebrate Christmas and their belated birthdays with close friends in the assumed privacy of his own home," Wasserman Media Group said in a statement to AP.

"He dressed in a costume consisting of empty bottles of Jagermeister and cans of Red Bull strapped to his chest in an attempted comedy play on the popular Jagerbomb drink.

"Although he fully accepts in hindsight, it was an ill-thought out and insensitive decision, absolutely no harm was intended whatsoever and he apologises for any offence caused."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...ber-costume-20140109-30jg2.html#ixzz2ps8GphZX

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Great 2 nil win against Swansea this morning, where the f*ck was this sorta performance against them in the FA Cup?

Moyes SURELY has to understand after this match playing Kagawa on the left is of no use whatsoever, took him 45mins to realise this before he switched Kagawa into the no 10 role and Januzaj onto the left wing and that's when we dominated the match and created the chances

IF Rooney out for the foreseeable future with his injury, Kagawa has to surely play in the no 10, not Danny Welbeck, not even Adnan Januzaj, play Kagawa in the hole and our attack improves immensely

Great to see Fletcher starting another match, we need somebody like a Keane barking orders on the pitch to the fellas around him and I think Fletcher did that today

We travel away to Stanford Bridge for our next clash with Chelsea, difficult match but if we can get some sorta result it'll be a great confidence booster for the remainder of the season

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
reports are rooney and rvp may be surprise inclusions for the game next week at the bridge...but considering rvp has been out for a long time...its hard to see him starting without the fitness....mayb off the bench?
would love to see rooney play...but all the pressure is on Chelsea to win easily...no1 expects us to win...so we have to go for it...a draw is the same as a loss...we need all 3 points to close the gap...teams above us keep winning...and once champions league is back...we will drop more points so need to close the gap and close it now!
bring on the chavs!