The Lurker: Surely Des isn't out the door already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It couldn't be the end for Des already?

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...or-already/1ilx8z3g0za601k3kbg8s8ywe3/slide/1

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at the Bulldogs’ next board meeting in coming weeks.

Senior club officials are filthy at the meek way the club bowed out of the finals race yesterday and Des Hasler is feeling the heat.

The word at the start of the season was that if Hasler didn’t make the top four with one of the best rosters in the NRL, he could be in deep trouble.

Hasler has his support at the club and there’s no doubt he can coach, but others have undermined him.

Club legend Terry Lamb famously came out mid-season and declared Hasler didn’t understand the Canterbury culture.

A month ago, the Bulldogs looked as good a chance as anyone to take the title - to lose their last four games in such disappointing style is a massive blow to the club’s huge supporter base.

Hasler is under contract for next season and had been in negotiations for an extension mid-year.

He is not going anywhere but 2017 looms as one of the most important seasons of his coaching career.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
No wonder Foran is signing with the Warriors, Des would have told him he is outties
Would be interesting if Des goes, Foran signs at Warriors and wait Desball at Warriors lol

Malla

Reaction score
He deserves to have the pressure be put on him. Would hope the club doesn't bother negotiating a contract extension unless he shows next year he deserves it.

Reaction score
He has to go , he'll be good at another club . His style is too cumbersome for our team to put up with for another year.
All the best Des
why wait to next year, wish they had the balls to sack him now.
i don't know who should be coach, but des is a one track album

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm i am hearing 2 different things from different sources....

1. The board will release Des ASAP if they find a suitable replacement (Cleary not considered suitable). Who is suitable is beyond me..

2. Des is safe until end of 2019. The pack and recruitment seen as the problem. Cleal is apparently gone. With majority of players off contract over next 2 years, 2019 will be do or die for Des. (Pretty much we are in a rebuild...2017 and 2018 are a write off. Low expectations = low dissapointment)

So taking the disappointment of this season aside... who prefers which option?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's not the right fit nor will he ever be
Take the shit that came with u and pies off

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who's fault and problem is it that he's signing reserve graders and nobodies

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Who's fault and problem is it that he's signing reserve graders and nobodies
That's fair. I think its also fair to say its easy to be critical in hindsight.

Please note I'm not defending Des, his play style, refusal to abandon the play style or recruitment and squad management. I'm just saying it's easy to be critical in hindsight.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

1. The board will release Des ASAP if they find a suitable replacement (Cleary not considered suitable). Who is suitable is beyond me..

2. Des is safe until end of 2019. The pack and recruitment seen as the problem. Cleal is apparently gone. With majority of players off contract over next 2 years, 2019 will be do or die for Des. (Pretty much we are in a rebuild...2017 and 2018 are a write off. Low expectations = low dissapointment)

The pack and recruitment would be an outcome of Des wouldn't it? Bit hard to push the buck after a 5 year tenure. So reckon were at option 1 Dogna88.

If Cleal is gone its a signal that Des' choices and support base are on their way out.

Des has failed in a couple of key areas;
1) Tony Williams should have been out of a blue and white jersey a long time ago. Des placed Williams above the team/club. Fatal choice.
2) Lichaa is a very poor signing in a crucial role. Seriously; players are shouting at the guy on live TV. Good for morale? How embarrassing.
3) Hoppa is embarrassing for Des and the club.

Tipping Des will go.
Might be gone already.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Des is not dumb upstairs, infact he is fucken smarter than an average footy coach.

With new coach it is still going to be high chance of 2017-18 right off anyway so i am willing to give Des a go as long as he comes up with a different game plan and i am also willing to take 2017-18 as write offs AS LONG AS HE PROVES THAT OUR GAME PLAN FOR NEXT 3 YEARS IS GOING TO BE WAY DIFFERENT TO OUR LAST 4 YEARS.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
why wait to next year, wish they had the balls to sack him now.
i don't know who should be coach, but des is a one track album
He still thinks he can recreate 2014 but you can't make a cake without the right ingedients . You need flour, eggs, fat and sugar.

We have loads of fat ( Kas Eastwood trex) we have loads of sugar and flour in the mix but theres no egg , the ingredient that binds it all together.

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des is not dumb upstairs, infact he is fucken smarter than an average footy coach.

With new coach it is still going to be high chance of 2017-18 right off anyway so i am willing to give Des a go as long as he comes up with a different game plan and i am also willing to take 2017-18 as write offs AS LONG AS HE PROVES THAT OUR GAME PLAN FOR NEXT 3 YEARS IS GOING TO BE WAY DIFFERENT TO OUR LAST 4 YEARS.
That's nice of you to want to give des another 75 chances at getting it right, he's already had 25 this season .

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Seeing Des shouting in Eastwood's face at halftime - yet we just extended his player contract bigtime.

We all saw the impact of his halftime talk on the scoreboard.

Des has probably lost his credibility and the respect of the players.

Reaction score
The pack and recruitment would be an outcome of Des wouldn't it? Bit hard to push the buck after a 5 year tenure. So reckon were at option 1 Dogna88.

If Cleal is gone its a signal that Des' choices and support base are on their way out.

Des has failed in a couple of key areas;
1) Tony Williams should have been out of a blue and white jersey a long time ago. Des placed Williams above the team/club. Fatal choice.
2) Lichaa is a very poor signing in a crucial role. Seriously; players are shouting at the guy on live TV. Good for morale? How embarrassing.
3) Hoppa is embarrassing for Des and the club.

Tipping Des will go.
Might be gone already.
2) lichaa, yeah embarrassing for him, but FINALLY moses showed some nuts and made himself be heard.
if moses can build on this and demand more ball, that's at least one positive out of yesterday's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.