Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Chana

Waterboy
Reaction score
Maxi was great but was not happy when he was replaced :( on another note how can you leave Kuyt on the bench until the 90th min????

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd have sex with Suarez...

loljks, who the f*ck has sex with a rat?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
No Gerrard and Carragher for the WBA game

Lineup:

Reina
Johnson DAgger Skrtl EnRique
Adam Lucas
Henderson Suarez Downing
Carroll

Subs: Doni, Maxi, Coates, Kuyt, Spearing, Flanagan, Bellamy.​

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Good win though... We kept a clean sheet even we had carragher out and skrtl playing...

Also we drew away to chelsea for the CC qtr final

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
Awesome win, carrol nice finish, thought dedset he was guna stuff it up...

Nice shot by bellamy right at the death to but his bar

Awesome :grinning: Suarez still missing those crucial shots which is bad...

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Suarez is setting up everything tho

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score

true... we need someone that can be with him to finish them off... carroll doesnt have the pace and he has a really poor first touch, bellamy would be ideal imo but he is more effective playing on the wing... Kuyt has the determination, his link up with Suarez last season was great but this season he just lacks pace

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score

true... we need someone that can be with him to finish them off... carroll doesnt have the pace and he has a really poor first touch, bellamy would be ideal imo but he is more effective playing on the wing... Kuyt has the determination, his link up with Suarez last season was great but this season he just lacks pace

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Bad news about Gerrard... expect him to have another long spell on the sidelines :(

Gerrard has the same injury that Harry Kewell suffered in the 2006 world cup where he was sidelined for 9 months

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Uncle Woy: Buying Suarez was my idea

This Page Cannot Be Displayed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on your corporate access policies, this web site ( http://ad.360yield.com/adi?p=1569&w=300&h=250&tz=-660 ) has been blocked because it has been determined by Web Reputation Filters to be a security threat to your computer or the corporate network. This web site has been associated with malware/spyware.

Threat Type: adware
Threat Reason: Domain reported and verified as serving malware. IP addresses are not typically used as legitimate web hosts. Identified malicious behavior on domain or URI.

If you have questions, please contact the IT Help Desk and provide the codes shown below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notification codes: (1, MALWARE, adware, Domain reported and verified as serving malware. IP addresses are not typically used as legitimate web hosts. Identified malicious behavior on domain or URI., BLOCK-MALWARE, 0x03330b6b, 1320014626.086, AAAEAwAAAAAAAAAAFv8ACP8AAAD/AAAAAAAAAAAAAAE=, http://ad.360yield.com/adi?p=1569&w=300&h=250&tz=-660)

Roy Hodgson has put his West Brom side on alert for Luis Suarez - and he should know, after first identifying the striker as a future Liverpool star when he was Reds manager.

Albion boss Hodgson faces his previous employers, who axed him in January after only six months in charge, in Saturday's tea-time kick-off.

Hodgson was widely criticised on Merseyside, despite taking the helm while unpopular former owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett were selling up.

Now, Hodgson insists he helped set in motion Liverpool's capture of Uruguayan goal machine Suarez, who was eventually bought from Ajax by his successor Kenny Dalglish in January for £22.8million.

Suarez has been one of the stars of the season, and took his goal tally to eight with a superb Carling Cup double at Stoke in midweek.

"Yes, we looked at him," said Hodgson. "But it was at a time the club was in the throes of a change of ownership.

"There was no question of making a bid. It was in between the two transfer windows.

"I went to see him play in a Champions League game against Milan.

"Kenny also saw him play - Kenny was doing a lot of scouting alongside me when I was there - so Suarez was well-researched.

"They took the plunge with Suarez and have been well rewarded. He has been outstandingly good.

"He is playing very well and is a magnificent signing for the club.

"He had the best of all possible starts, which is important when you come to a big club like Liverpool.

"The fans are ready to embrace new players, but they want to see them playing well and Luis Suarez has done that.

"We must be aware that he is going to be a key figure in their attacking play. We have to do our best to keep him quiet but it is not going to be an easy job."

Hodgson insists he harbours no bitterness about his short-lived Reds reign because he quickly returned to management at the Baggies, where he has been successful.

The former Fulham chief added: "I was luckily enough to be given the job there [at Liverpool].

"Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to stay as long as I would have liked - to see the new ownership come in and have a chance to build the team.

"I came in at a period where I knew it might be a little bit turbulent. When things change and new owners come in these things happen.

"But I have no regrets about taking the job.

"Being involved with West Brom has helped me. If I'd have been sitting at home for the last eight or nine months, watching TV, maybe then I might have been guilty of thinking, 'What if?'"

Hodgson says Liverpool's plight was so grave under Hicks and Gillett that the club faced possible administration prior to their takeover by New England Sports Ventures.

"The fact is, when I went in it was a time of transition and the first job for the people who employed me was to make sure the club didn't go into liquidation," he said.

"It didn't get close because of the great job managing director Christian Purslow and chairman Martin Broughton did in being able to find new owners.

"There were major problems with the previous owners not being able to meet the banks' demands and the bank closing the club down.

"Christian and Martin did have an important job on their hands to make certain new owners were found so that the club could move forward, which is what happened."

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Plenty of criticism has been heaped on the Liverpool manager, Kenny Dalglish, for spending £35m on Andy Carroll and in many respects that criticism has been justified. But it seems Dalglish has got off scot-free for what may be his worst purchase of the summer, Stewart Downing. Whereas Carroll, at 22, has enough time to develop into the player his transfer fee expects him to be, Downing, at 27, does not. Traditional wisdom states that the former Aston Villa and Middlesbrough winger should be coming into the prime of his career but he has been desperately below par since joining the Merseyside club. While his passing is, for the most part, accurate too much of it is in areas that do not hurt the opposition.

And even when he does get into good positions, he wastes his crosses. The match against West Bromwich Albion on Saturday was the perfect example of this. He had a 72% pass completion rate but the vast majority of his passes and crosses near the penalty box failed to find a Liverpool player or trouble the West Bromwich defence. He has also failed to assist or score a single goal for Liverpool in the league this season. For a winger, and one that cost £20m and is a regular start for Dalglish's side, these are damning statistics. Liverpool may have spent big on Carroll but Downing, in the long run, may end up costing them more. IMc

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plenty of criticism has been heaped on the Liverpool manager, Kenny Dalglish, for spending £35m on Andy Carroll and in many respects that criticism has been justified. But it seems Dalglish has got off scot-free for what may be his worst purchase of the summer, Stewart Downing. Whereas Carroll, at 22, has enough time to develop into the player his transfer fee expects him to be, Downing, at 27, does not. Traditional wisdom states that the former Aston Villa and Middlesbrough winger should be coming into the prime of his career but he has been desperately below par since joining the Merseyside club. While his passing is, for the most part, accurate too much of it is in areas that do not hurt the opposition.

And even when he does get into good positions, he wastes his crosses. The match against West Bromwich Albion on Saturday was the perfect example of this. He had a 72% pass completion rate but the vast majority of his passes and crosses near the penalty box failed to find a Liverpool player or trouble the West Bromwich defence. He has also failed to assist or score a single goal for Liverpool in the league this season. For a winger, and one that cost £20m and is a regular start for Dalglish's side, these are damning statistics. Liverpool may have spent big on Carroll but Downing, in the long run, may end up costing them more. IMc
And this bloke is favoured over Maxi..... That is ridiculous.

I agree. Carrol has plenty of time to come good. If he finds form he will be a massive threat. Dowing has never struck me as a top line player. Maxi has always had the quality that top clubs look for. anyways we will see how long Kenny wants to be stubborn over this.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Manchester City's controversial striker Carlos Tevez has emerged as a shock target for Liverpool who are hoping to land the player on a short term loan deal.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has seen his side criticised in recent weeks for failing to find the target despite carving out numerous opportunities.

The Reds beat West Brom 2-0 at the weekend but it could have been more had the side taken their chances, while a 1-1 draw with Norwich at Anfield further highlighted Liverpool's lack of composure in front of goal.

This has led to numerous media outlets suggesting that Liverpool could now attempt to land Tevez, with reports suggesting that the forwards agent Kia Joorabchian had already held informal talks with a Liverpool representative.

City are hoping to be able to loan out the striker while they wait for him to be sold with West Ham and Corinthians both sounding out the Premier League leaders about possible loan deals.

Tevez is also keen to keep playing and put himself in the shop window as he knows that he will struggle to ever play again under Roberto Mancini.

Dalglish managed to convince Mancini to part with striker Craig Bellamy over the summer and is reportedly contemplating bringing Tevez to Anfield.

Liverpool already have Bellamy, Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll available to play up front, but should the Reds be able to land Tevez on a short term loan deal then they would snap up the opportunity to have such a prolific striker at the club.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Kenny: Gerrard's on the mend
Kenny Dalglish insists there is nothing "sinister" in Steven Gerrard's latest fitness problem and says Liverpool's captain is progressing well.

The 31-year-old missed last weekend's win at West Brom and has been ruled out of Saturday's visit of Swansea and England's two forthcoming friendlies because of an ankle infection.

Pictures of Gerrard leaving hospital on Sunday on crutches with his right leg in a protective cast led to much speculation about the extent of the problem and what procedure he had actually undergone.

However, Dalglish dismissed the conspiracy theories.

"Since they have found the infection, he has progressed extremely well and everything is positive for him," said the Scot.

"We found the infection but I suppose it is a bit like flu - you know you've got it but you don't know where it came from.

"But it is responding really well so that is positive for him. There's nothing more sinister either."

Liverpool beat West Brom without the services of Gerrard and Jamie Carragher (calf), their two most experienced players, and there remains a doubt over whether the latter will be ready to return at the weekend.

And while Dalglish admits the side miss their Scouse heartbeat he feels that, unlike at times in the past, a squad which has been significantly strengthened over the last 10 months is well-equipped to cope without them.

"We will have a rain check on Carra. If he's not going to be right he's not going to be right," added the Reds boss.

"I think as a club we are much better with those two fit.

"They have been fantastic servants for the club and they will continue to be.

"It is a great achievement for the boys to get a result at West Brom without either of those two playing."