Kelly Carragher Skrtel EnRique
Henderson Gerrard Adam Downing
Kuyt Suarez

Subs: Doni, Coates, Flanaghan, Bellamy, Maxi Rodriguez, Spearing, Carroll​

Last edited by a moderator:

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Again we dominated but only scored 1 goal from 25 shots.

We seriously need a striker that can finish off...

Who are the players that we can get in January?

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Again we dominated but only scored 1 goal from 25 shots.

We seriously need a striker that can finish off...

Who are the players that we can get in January?
I thought we were linked to higuan?

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
your delusional if you think higuain will go to pool lol.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I thought we were linked to higuan?
He has scored 9 goals in 13 for RM who are competing for the CL and La Liga/

Why would he come to us when we are challenging for that 4th spot?

If we want to be realistic about who we can target... It will be the likes of Kevin Doyle

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has scored 9 goals in 13 for RM who are competing for the CL and La Liga/

Why would he come to us when we are challenging for that 4th spot?

If we want to be realistic about who we can target... It will be the likes of Kevin Doyle
I think we should go to africa and find some boonga running around. Probably do a better job then Carroll.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Liverpool
Revolution stalled. Though cold comfort can be taken from the valid argument that Liverpool ought to have won both of their most recent league engagements, it is just as legitimate to retort that, but for the scandal of Martin Atkinson's officially discredited work in the Merseyside derby, Kenny Dalglish's side would have just a single victory - and that at home to Wolves - to boast of since August. Stagnation has set in and, as football folk are fond of observing, standing still is a euphemism for going backwards in the Premier League. Cue Liverpool, after spending five of the last six weeks in fifth spot, losing position to Tottenham this Sunday night. They're only going one way at present.

Still, this is far from a crisis and Kenny Dalglish will undoubtedly survive any such thing. Yet, ahead of next Saturday's trip to West Brom and a reunion with his predecessor, it cannot pass unremarked that their comparative records at the Anfield helm are now almost identical. Hodgson: managed 31, won 13, lost nine. Dalglish: managed 32, won 15, lost nine. And were the Baggies to win next weekend, just a single point would separate the two clubs in the table.

All of an interesting sudden, King Kenny's crown is in acute danger of slipping and Liverpool are close to falling into a slide.

Luis Suarez
'A stat which might be worth keeping an eye on is the percentage of Suarez's shots which actually hit the target. So far this term, just five of his 14 shots have required saving, which is a woeful return for a player of his talent and task' - Winners And Losers, September 12.

'Luis Suarez has needed 28 shots to score four Premier League goals this season. By way of contrast, Sergio Aguero has scored eight goals from 25 shots' - Numbers And Stats, October 20.

'11 - Luis Suárez's total of 11 shots (inc. blocked) v Norwich is the most by a player in a single PL game this season. Futile' - Opta Joe, October 24.

Andy Carroll
A miss so bad that it was summed up by the perplexed look on the face of the opposition's manager.

Jose Enrique
Enrique has so far been one of the best left back this season, but his slack work for Norwich's equaliser, standing off Anthony Pilkington to afford his opponent time and space to cross for Holt, was typical of the peculiar modern ambivalence of full-backs to their man being able to put in a cross.

Pete Gill

grk_adonis

THIS IS ANFIELD!
Reaction score
That is up there with one of the worst articles i ever read!...laughable

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Jose Enrique admitted Liverpool had paid the price for their profligacy following Saturday's 1-1 draw with Norwich City.

The Reds carved out countless openings against the Canaries but were left ruing their inability to build on Craig Bellamy's opener when Grant Holt levelled on the hour mark.

Enrique is adamant Kenny Dalglish's side should have claimed all three points and reckons they would have notched a handful on another day.

"In the first half we played really well and had a lot of chances but I don't think we played the second like the first," he said.

"We deserved three points. We had a lot of chances to score goals and I don't know what happened.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Kenny consoled by creativity

Kenny Dalglish is taking heart from the number of chances Liverpool created against Norwich, despite the fact that most went unconverted.

The Reds squandered a host of goalscoring opportunities as they were held to a 1-1 draw by the Canaries at Anfield.

It meant Liverpool lost ground on the top four in the Premier League, but Dalglish is determined to focus on the positives.

"I think we've been brilliant in creating the chances," Dalglish told liverpoolfc.tv.

"It's a huge pleasure for us that we're creating that many chances. So we'll look at the positives.

"The finishing side? Obviously we've got to add to it.

"But when you look at the facts and figures and reflect on what they've actually done and what they've actually created, you wouldn't bet against scoring five or six on any given day."

A definite bonus for the Merseyside outfit is the return to fitness of club captain Steven Gerrard, whose start in the Norwich game was his second since making his comeback after a six-month period sidelined by groin problems.

Gerrard has spoken of his appreciation at receiving a visit from the club's owners Fenway Sports Group during his time out of action, and the 31-year-old feels the Americans have done a good job over the year that they have been in control of Liverpool.

"It's been a good 12 months on the pitch and off the pitch," Gerrard told LFC Magazine.

"They've stabilised the club and certainly put the money in. They've backed the manager and (director of football) Damien Comolli. They've been very supportive of the team.

"I thought it was a brilliant touch for them to come and visit me in the hospital when I had my infection.

"I was very low at the time but they called me and made the effort to come and see me. That gave me a huge lift and I was very grateful to them for it."

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem for us is defense... I thought he brought in one too many midfielders in the off season. He should have been looking for an established central defender.

But defense has been a real problem for a lot of teams in the PL this year so we're not alone. It might be a good topic for a thread. Arsenal, ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool have all been poor defensively. Why is that? City have been good defensively and I suppose Newcastle have been decent, but they haven't played any of the big sides yet so we'll wait and see.

And what's with refusing to play Maxi Rodriguez? I mean this bloke was scoring plenty of goals last season and combining well with Suarez. I'd punt Downing out of the starting line up and put Maxi in. Maxi's experienced, he's been part of the Argentine national set up for some time... you can't seriously tell me that Downing, Adam and Henderson are better than him. It's a joke.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
The problem for us is defense... I thought he brought in one too many midfielders in the off season. He should have been looking for an established central defender.

But defense has been a real problem for a lot of teams in the PL this year so we're not alone. It might be a good topic for a thread. Arsenal, ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool have all been poor defensively. Why is that? City have been good defensively and I suppose Newcastle have been decent, but they haven't played any of the big sides yet so we'll wait and see.
We have decent defenders, its just that Mrtn Skrtl is solid but inconsistent, Carragher is running on his last leg and refuses to admit it. We have guys like Coates, Agger, Wilson (if both stay injury free) and Kelly that can play CB, we have another one coming through the ranks (forgot his name) who is a local kid that showed some form in the trials. Other then that, I think Gary Cahill is probably the best option who is established but considering he is British he wont come cheap. Would you want to pay 20mil for him?

And what's with refusing to play Maxi Rodriguez? I mean this bloke was scoring plenty of goals last season and combining well with Suarez. I'd punt Downing out of the starting line up and put Maxi in. Maxi's experienced, he's been part of the Argentine national set up for some time... you can't seriously tell me that Downing, Adam and Henderson are better than him. It's a joke.
If Maxi was this:

he would be playing and starting...

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have decent defenders, its just that Mrtn Skrtl is solid but inconsistent, Carragher is running on his last leg and refuses to admit it. We have guys like Coates, Agger, Wilson (if both stay injury free) and Kelly that can play CB, we have another one coming through the ranks (forgot his name) who is a local kid that showed some form in the trials. Other then that, I think Gary Cahill is probably the best option who is established but considering he is British he wont come cheap. Would you want to pay 20mil for him?

If Maxi was this:

With regards to a central defender, I say we go into the market in December and pick up good, proven continental central defender... In the near future, a partnership with Coates would be great. I think Coates needs to just find his feet in the PL and he'll be right. No I wouldn't pay overs for Gary Cahill. Good player but I wouldn't pay that much for him. I think you can get quality defenders in Europe for great value. try getting Jerome Boateng from Bayern or Mats Hummels from Dortmund in January. Give Carragher the flick and pair one of them up with Coates/Skyrtl... and ffs start Maxi!!! I think we would have beaten both United and Norwich if he was playing. He's such a cool finisher and is creative as well.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

If Maxi was this:

With regards to a central defender, I say we go into the market in December and pick up good, proven continental central defender... In the near future, a partnership with Coates would be great. I think Coates needs to just find his feet in the PL and he'll be right. No I wouldn't pay overs for Gary Cahill. Good player but I wouldn't pay that much for him. I think you can get quality defenders in Europe for great value. try getting Jerome Boateng from Bayern or Mats Hummels from Dortmund in January. Give Carragher the flick and pair one of them up with Coates/Skyrtl... and ffs start Maxi!!! I think we would have beaten both United and Norwich if he was playing. He's such a cool finisher and is creative as well.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maxi had a great game by all report....he must play in the premiership and that's the end of if!

Chana

Waterboy
Reaction score
That first goal Suarez scored was awesome - I wonder how long it will take for any more anti-suarez posts to appear?