Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
lol win 3 and we hear nothing, have a draw and sulk

might as well sack SAF cuz we didnt win either :sleepy:
big difference between SAF and roy. One makes his team the most feared in the league and consistently wins games and the other makes his team look look like a joke.

And even in those last 3 wins... i still said that roy is still not the right man to lead us back to the top 4.

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
Osman sometimes i feel like you have a twin who shares your account. Theres two different sides of you in a short period of time.

You try playing Three games in a week with the amount of players we have, and don't tell me there professional footballers they can handle it. it's 270minutes of football in a week.

Fanoftheyears

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I believe the reason we lost the game is because after the first goal we couldn't put a pass together. Shelvey and Lucas passing to the opposition and our throw ins going to the opposition not only in this game but others as well. Credit where its due, Wigan played with heart although we can argue that we made them look good :P.

Torres first goal was a beauty and a great pass by Gerrard. The combination is coming back and can only improve as games go on.

Poulson on for Kuyt may have been a bit of a stuffed up sub where N'gog would have been the wiser choice but i think Roy noticed our players being fatigued and we needed a fresh defender to settle for the draw.

matauce

Baller
Reaction score
I believe the reason we lost the game is because after the first goal we couldn't put a pass together. Shelvey and Lucas passing to the opposition and our throw ins going to the opposition not only in this game but others as well. Credit where its due, Wigan played with heart although we can argue that we made them look good :P.

Torres first goal was a beauty and a great pass by Gerrard. The combination is coming back and can only improve as games go on.

Poulson on for Kuyt may have been a bit of a stuffed up sub where N'gog would have been the wiser choice but i think Roy noticed our players being fatigued and we needed a fresh defender to settle for the draw.
yep i agree. perhaps bit of lack of depth exposed there and hodgson has admit an underwhelming performance. all in all we'll take the point, couldve easily been a loss

LebaneseBulldog

Bulldogs
Reaction score
gerrard should have deadset burried that one he tapped over the bar in 15th minute and the one at the end that came off the bar, poor performance tbh

Malla

Reaction score
lol fark up osman you are a spectator
why dont u give em a buzz and put forward your name for coach

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Osman sometimes i feel like you have a twin who shares your account. Theres two different sides of you in a short period of time.

You try playing Three games in a week with the amount of players we have, and don't tell me there professional footballers they can handle it. it's 270minutes of football in a week.
i know they are playing 4 games in 10 days... i guess the chelsea game did take a lot off our players...

but thats not what i am on about... its the tactics roy makes us play after we score the first goal to take the lead... we sit back very deep and allow the opposition to take the game to us and they do end up getting a goal out of this.

lol fark up osman you are a spectator
why dont u give em a buzz and put forward your name for coach
yeah i will... ill do a much better job then roy and do a much better then what shankley achieved

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Pepe Reina has told Roy Hodgson he wants to leave Liverpool - possibly as early as January.

Mirror Sport has reported that Manchester United, Arsenal and Inter Milan are interested in the goalkeeper and now he has made it clear to Hodgson and the Liverpool board he wants to go.

Hodgson has tried to persuade the keeper who has a £20 million buy-out clause in his contract to stay, but is now looking at possible replacements.

Top of his list are Germany international stopper Manuel Neuer, and Ajax number one Maarten Stekelenburg, who was the Holland keeper in the World Cup final.

Neuer is widely regarded as one of the best young keepers in Europe after helping steer his country to third place in the World Cup during the summer.

He was the keeper who helped con referee Jorge Larrionda that Frank Lampard’s shot had not crossed the line, during the now infamous showdown with England during the tournament in South Africa.

The keeper has little more than a year left on his current contract with his German club Schalke 04, and has already interested Bayern Munich, but it is thought he would like a move abroad.

He fits the bill perfectly for Liverpool. Anfield’s new owners NESV are keen subscribers to a more radical approach to recruitment, where they invest big money in key players who make a real difference.

They want young promising talent with a potential sell on value and the capacity to improve. They also want to pay high wages only to a handful of stars, with more reasonable salaries given to the rest of the squad.

Reina currently commands a salary of almost £100,000 a week, over the course of a contract which has four and a half years left to run. He is 28, and if Liverpool are to get money back on him, would have to sell now.

It is unlikely a bid at such a massive price - which would then invoke the clause in Reina’s contract - will materialise in January, but even if he has to wait until the summer, it seems clear the Spanish keeper will force a move away from Anfield.

He has become more distracted with life at Anfield and less satisfied in recent months.

If the Reds could fetch £20million for him, and replace him with a younger player of an almost equal level and on a third of the salary, it would offer a real bonus to the new owners, who would then be able to invest any profits in signing the top stars they feel Liverpool need in key positions.

Neuer’s fee would be only around the £7million mark, and perhaps even lower because of his contract situation, and that would leave the owners with funds to invest in the transfer market.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...ry-Exclusive-article626727.html#ixzz156K72DEO

Fanoftheyears

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jose Reina 'Fully Committed' To Reds

Goalkeeper Jose Reina insists he is fully committed to his long-term contract at Liverpool and has not told Roy Hodgson he wishes to leave.

Reports had suggested the Spain international, who signed a new six-year contract towards the end of last season, had expressed his desire to quit Anfield.

However, the 28-year-old has said this was untrue.

"I have not told the manager that I wish to leave in January or at any time," he told liverpoolfc.tv.

"It is important our fans know this. I have a long-term contract at the club and am fully committed to the club."

Reina added: "I have seen a newspaper has made this suggestion. It is completely untrue."

Rumours about the goalkeeper's future have been circulating since the summer - when Arsenal were linked with a bid - but intensified this week when he was reported as claiming he would look at his position at the end of the season.

When asked about it on Tuesday Hodgson shrugged it off, saying the player was entitled to assess his position.

"That's fair enough, what's wrong with that," he said. "He is an excellent goalkeeper and I hope he plays for Liverpool for years to come."

Liverpool have had to cope with a huge amount of speculation this season in particular, partly caused by the uncertainty of the ownership.

However, once New England Sports Ventures completed their £300million takeover last month a degree of stability has been brought to the club both on and off the field.

And Reina insists the players will not be distracted by rumours, having met with NESV principal owner John Henry only last week to talk about the way forward.

"Our new owner met me and some of the other players last week and I was very happy with what he told me," he added.

"The entire squad and staff are working very hard to get us back competing at the top of the table.

"We will not be distracted by inaccurate media speculation."

http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/sports/201011/104875.php

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Johnson has played just once for Liverpool since the beginning of October — last week’s Europa League victory over Napoli —because of a groin injury. Hodgson confirmed on Friday that the 26 year-old had suffered a relapse and will miss Saturday evening’s trip to Stoke City.

Even had Johnson been fit, though, Hodgson’s withering assessment of the former Chelsea and Portsmouth player’s form suggests he faces a struggle not simply to regain his place but to prolong his 15-month stay on Merseyside.

“He is the England right-back and if he plays like that, one would expect him to come back in,” Hodgson said.

“But then he would have had to play like the England right-back and up to now, to be quite frank, he has not performed — or very often at least — to the level I would expect of him.

“You would have to ask him the question: ‘Do you think you are playing at top form and are you playing like the best right-back in the country for your club?’ If he says yes, obviously we will have to agree to differ. And if he says no, then you have to ask the question why not.”

The prospect of Johnson losing his place permanently is likely to alert Tottenham and Juventus, both of whom have been monitoring the player’s situation at Anfield, with a move as early as January a possibility.

The full-back would be eligible to feature for Harry Redknapp’s team in the Champions League, while the Serie A side have identified Johnson and Ajax’s Gregory van der Wiel as their preferred targets when the transfer window reopens.

Johnson’s travails could also lead to an extended run in the side for his understudy Martin Kelly, whose form has earned him a call-up to the England Under-21 side to face Germany in Wiesbaden next week and will mean he is offered an improved contract when his existing deal expires this summer.

Though Hodgson may employ Jamie Carragher as right-back at the Britannia Stadium, the Liverpool manager has been effusive in his praise of Kelly, 20. He said Kelly had surprised him when making his first Premier League start, in last Sunday’s 2-0 victory against Chelsea.

“It was a really tough match to throw him in because they are at their best down the left and many a right-back would not have relished facing them.”

Fanoftheyears

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kelly should continue playing RB. The more experience he gets the better for us since he's a really good player. Johnson is just playing crap and i reckon we should offload him in the summer so his value doesn't continue to decrease.

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
Kelly should continue playing RB. The more experience he gets the better for us since he's a really good player. Johnson is just playing crap and i reckon we should offload him in the summer so his value doesn't continue to decrease.
true.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
no we should keep johnson and play him as a RM/RW

hes got a bit of Attacking flair which is what we are lacking badly

matauce

Baller
Reaction score
yep i think he could be a better RM as well, cause his defence is shet.