Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Fanoftheyears

Kennel Established
Reaction score
**** YES Great game to watch. Anyone watching the classic match? liverpool v everton 2000/01

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
**** yes!

2-0 win! I was expecting an arse rape from Chelsea.

3 straight winswe have been moved up to the 1st half of the table to 9th

We are not exactly back yet... still room for improvement but the thing is our self belief is back
no kick the manager out? Oh now they are winning :p

See Ozzy, this is why you will never be a boss of a team :p

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
no kick the manager out? Oh now they are winning :p

See Ozzy, this is why you will never be a boss of a team :p
tbh hani... me and most of the other liverpool fans are still not convinced about hodgson yet... we still want a better manager than him :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
tbh hani... me and most of the other liverpool fans are still not convinced about hodgson yet... we still want a better manager than him :p
the majority of my liverpool friends actually think he hasnt done heaps wrong. Wastefull management from previous management. Not this managers fault

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
the majority of my liverpool friends actually think he hasnt done heaps wrong. Wastefull management from previous management. Not this managers fault
Benitez should also be blamed for his management last season.

He nearly ruined the career of fernando Torres by playing him while he was still injured...

Woy cant be blamed for Rafa's poor management last season but at the start of the season... his poor tactics like playing deep, long balls and his approach to the media has made us sound like a mid-table club and teams had no fear of playing against us... he was also willing to let Man Utd open their chequebook to sign either Torres or Reina.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Benitez should also be blamed for his management last season.

He nearly ruined the career of fernando Torres by playing him while he was still injured...

Woy cant be blamed for Rafa's poor management last season but at the start of the season... his poor tactics like playing deep, long balls and his approach to the media has made us sound like a mid-table club and teams had no fear of playing against us... he was also willing to let Man Utd open their chequebook to sign either Torres or Reina.
nobody really knows this.

matauce

Baller
Reaction score
roy doin a good job for someone who came into the club at its lowest point, morale wise, ownership doubts etc. long balls, playing deep and all that negative play was maybe necessary cause we needed to build a backbone first. now with carragher, skrtel and the greek guy looking more assured, we can now afford to push players up front and start playing with confidence.

Malla

Reaction score
shut up livo fans, 3 weeks ago yous wanted roy gone.

Malla

Reaction score
you are nothing but a spectator, nobody cares what u want

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Pepe Reina warns Liverpool he may leave at the end of the season
• Goalkeeper signed six-year deal seven months ago
• Form and prospects will make up Spaniard's mind

The Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina has indicated that he will consider leaving the club at the end of the season if he is not satisfied with their progress.

The Spaniard has ruled out asking for a move in January but said he wants to feel certain that the team will challenge for major honours under the club's new owners, New England Sports Ventures.

"I signed a six-year deal seven months ago and I'm happy at the club but every footballer wants to be competing for trophies and winning things," Reina was quoted by the Daily Mail. "I will stay at Liverpool until the end of the season. I know there are rumours of me leaving but I want to make it clear that I have no intention of going back to Spain."

Reina has won only one major trophy, the 2006 FA Cup, since he joined from Villarreal five years ago, although he did play in the 2007 Champions League final defeat by Milan.

He spoke glowingly of the club's former manager Rafael Benítez, who signed him. Benítez left last summer to take over at Internazionale and was succeeded by Roy Hodgson, who has overcome a difficult start at Anfield to record four straight wins, including Sunday's over the Premier League leaders and champions, Chelsea.

"Rafael Benítez was an essential person for this club and the reason I came to Liverpool," Reina said.

The goalkeeper recently held talks with Liverpool's new owner, John W Henry, as did the striker Fernando Torres, another player who has been linked with a possible move if the club's fortunes do not continue to pick up.

Henry said he had been "heartened by the response" of Reina and Torres and "the intelligence of these players". The American described himself as "upset" at suggestions they could leave in January.

Fanoftheyears

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we continue winning and NESV prove we are going to win trophies then he's here forever.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
WOY WANTS A STRIKER
Nothing specific for you here Liverpool fans, but Roy Hodgson has outlined his priorities for the January transfer window.

He said: "We have tried to protect Fernando as much as we can.

"In the European games, Fernando and Steven Gerrard have been the first two I have looked to protect because I do know from past records there has been a lot of suggestions that three games in a week has been too much for them.

"Unfortunately, we don't really have that luxury to make that amount of changes. I believe in David Ngog, but it is difficult to pick him in front of Fernando when he is fit.

"It is one of the things we really need to address in the January transfer window."

On a probably unrelated note, The Sun reports that Liverpool are ready to scrap AC Milan in January for Japan midfielder Keisuke Honda.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
fmd!

this is one of the reasons why we dont want roy

we took the lead and we sat back and let wigan get a goal ffs. Roy has been playing this tactic going back to his fulham days.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
lol win 3 and we hear nothing, have a draw and sulk

might as well sack SAF cuz we didnt win either :sleepy: