Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Personally I'd go with Konate instead of Matip. Fab instead of Hendo. Keita instead of Elliott. Gatkpo instead of Ox.

Would be a much stronger team imo, especially in the midfield

Chana

Waterboy
Reaction score
Klopp benched Darwin when we actually had forward options.
He benched Darwin to let him settle into the team and not throw him straight in, he had no choice once we had a few injuries. Darwin today was clearing balls from our own box, running up and down the field, setting up goals and trying to score. Not saying that his form is great at the moment but Klopp needs to simplify his game.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He benched Darwin to let him settle into the team and not throw him straight in, he had no choice once we had a few injuries. Darwin today was clearing balls from our own box, running up and down the field, setting up goals and trying to score. Not saying that his form is great at the moment but Klopp needs to simplify his game.
Thought Nunez was pretty good today tbh.

What I like about him is that he doesn't down tools when it doesn't go his way. He just keeps on going and pushing.

But ... He's gotta start scoring some goals tho

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Darwin needs to play off the left, bloke is not at all suited to playing as a Liverpool CF.

Chana

Waterboy
Reaction score
His unbalanced the team with nunez signing, played better without him
he was being compared to Haaland by us lol
haaland 20 goals
nunez 5 goals
except Haaland was a dickload cheaper
Cant compare Liverpool in a rebuilding stage to a balanced City team, and they all play for Haaland. Haalnd to me is a centre forward, whilst Nunez likes to be in space and a little wider. I think Gapko, Nunez and Salah will need to change positions at times once they all line up together. The other thing is that Nunez purchase cost was more than Haaland, but Haaland takes a shit load more on wages.

Chana

Waterboy
Reaction score
Darwin needs to play off the left, bloke is not at all suited to playing as a Liverpool CF.
Left and right and at times CF, but I agree he is not a static CF. He needs to be where there is space.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So you think we had problems in the midfield today?

It certainly looked that way to me. You've been saying our midfield and lack of spending in it has been an issue. No?

Now, today I personally think Thiago was really really good and covered a lot so where were the issues in midfield?

Entirely on Hendo?

I mean. It seems that you think Elliott was good so the midfield issues are entirely down to Hendo then, right?
We had problems everywhere.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We had problems everywhere.
While this is true, we're talking about the midfield.

It was a massive problem and Leicester walked through us countless times. Thiago carried us in the midfield as Hendo was utterly useless. While Elliott wasn't terrible he didn't help either.

We'll get better when Fab replaces Hendo but it's not enough.

But ok.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Left and right and at times CF, but I agree he is not a static CF. He needs to be where there is space.
It doesn't help when the system isn't working and the midfield behind him is all over the shop.

Would love to see how he goes with Fab - Thiago - Keita behind him

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thought TAA was ok today actually. Hope he continues on this way of improvement.

Truth be told they were all off apart from Thiago, but it's nice seeing TAA getting better defensively ....

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate number 3 for Leicester City has to be on the take:rage:
We were lucky tbh.

Disgustingly ordinary the first half. Lack of passion and commitment. Constantly second to the ball. Midfielders not tracking back.

Win is a win I guess but against better opposition we would've been flogged

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he does, he will get truck loads cause the number of chances he gets is incredible.

Do you remember Diago Forlan at United?... whilst not a striker he couldn't hit the side of a barn until all of a sudden, he couldn't miss, until he couldn't hit the side of a barn again.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
While this is true, we're talking about the midfield.

It was a massive problem and Leicester walked through us countless times. Thiago carried us in the midfield as Hendo was utterly useless. While Elliott wasn't terrible he didn't help either.

We'll get better when Fab replaces Hendo but it's not enough.

But ok.
You realise our defence starts with our forwards? Yes? Tell me more about how well our forwards defender today. Like I said it isn't just our midfield, we defend at our best when we defend as a unit and we aren't even close to doing that.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Have seen it happen to strikers at United as well .... PRESSURE.
The goals will come but even then I still have an issue with him. Absolutely hate him as a CF in our team, needs to play off the left or we need to continue to tweak our formation and tactics to accommodate his movement. The team is such a mess right now, basically just sideways passing and long balls.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You realise our defence starts with our forwards? Yes? Tell me more about how well our forwards defender today. Like I said it isn't just our midfield, we defend at our best when we defend as a unit and we aren't even close to doing that.
I agree we defend the best as a unit and it starts from the front. You're 100% right.

But it doesn't take away from the fact that they walked through our midfield at times and Thiago was really the lone man there.

Based on your summation that means Hendo didn't play that badly and it was the bad defence of the forwards that cost us?

Who then do we blame for the backs defending badly? The forwards also?

You don't think that individual performaces can be critiqued?

Good for you for backing Elliott. He's a good young player who I think has a big future at the club.

Just find your stance on this a little bizarre. Every man and his dog can see he had an off game. It happens.

But defensively he wasn't good enough.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he does, he will get truck loads cause the number of chances he gets is incredible.

Do you remember Diago Forlan at United?... whilst not a striker he couldn't hit the side of a barn until all of a sudden, he couldn't miss, until he couldn't hit the side of a barn again.
Looking at his numbers he should get 20+ goals by the end of the season which is decent. I think he'll only get better.

Just amazed that some were so quick to label him a flop. Utterly bizarre

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Joycey saying we're done for this window.

You'd hope not tbh. Desperately need a midfielder.